• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant suggestions?

yoopertravelers

Mouseketeer
We are wondering where we should eat on Halloween day? We arrive that morning and are attending the Halloween party that evening. We are staying at PORR and are wondering where a good place to eat would be before entering the MK. We would like to have a large meal, then get a snack at the party that evening. Where would you go?

What kind of food do you like? Are you looking for counter service or table service? Are you driving or are you relying on Disney transportation? I guess if it were me I would want to eat at either PORR or at one of the resorts near MK. I don't think you can get a bus from PORR to the other resort hotels - you would have to take a bus to the TTC and then take the monorail to the resorts. Another option is to take a bus from PORR to Downtown Disney, eat there, and then catch a bus to MK. Of the restaurants we've tried in those areas, we like Sassagoula's at POFQ for counter service. There are several good table and counter service restaurants at Downtown Disney - we like House of Blues, Rainforest Café (mostly for the kids) and Earl of Sandwich. Of the resorts on the monorail - we like Ohana at Polynesian and Whispering Canyon at Wildnerness Lodge. Both Ohana and Whispering Canyon can be very big meals. The skillets at Whispering Canyon are delicious.

We are wondering where we should eat on Halloween day? We arrive that morning and are attending the Halloween party that evening. We are staying at PORR and are wondering where a good place to eat would be before entering the MK. We would like to have a large meal, then get a snack at the party that evening. Where would you go?

I think I would ride the boats to old key west, and eat at Olivia's. the food is good and reasonably priced. And you get a couple of boat rides.

Then grab a bus to MK.

Hey, just had to pop in and say hi to a fellow Yooper!! We're going to be at Epcot on Halloween. :)

Large meal to me means buffet/family style. 'Ohana or Chef mickeys would be good. When we stay at Riverside usually on our first nite we go to DTD and eat at Trex or RFC. They have a boat that will take you there. No bus needed! We will split a bunch of apps, have a few drinks! From there you can take the Contemporary bus and walk to MK. Or take the boat back to POR. And the bus from there. Hope you love the Halloween Party!!

We will not have a car and will be using Disney Transportation. We would love to do Ohana that night but they don't start serving until 5:00. Do you know how long that meal takes? Also how long does it take from Ohana to MK?

We would like a ts meal before and have our fingers crossed for FD!

I think we should eat before entering at 4:00 don't you?

Where is the Yoop? We are from L'Anse :)

Definitely Ohana...then you can jump on the monorail right into the MK. They bring out the food really quick (at least every time we have eaten there). I'd say 1 hour tops depending on how fast you eat. It will full you up for sure and the food is fantastic!!

I think that Liberty Tree Tavern would be a really great choice, and the Plaza would be my second choice. It is consistent, good, not crowded, easy to get a walk-up and the cheapest table service option in the Magic Kingdom.

Personally, I would take it easy at the resort and grab CS there.

Depending upon the time your arrive, I would take the boat to DTD (just for fun). But, I would still go back to the resort for CS around 3. That would give the latest possible meal and still get to MK pretty early.

I would arrive at the park early (i.e. 4pm) and just get CS at the park. You can get a great burger with all of the fixings at Pecos Bills and there are lots of other options if burgers are not your thing. I wouldn't want to miss out on all of the events at MNSSHP and I think that you will if you try to do a TS dinner that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter