Restaurant Suggestions...Want a Change of Pace

sbrotherton

Mouseketeer
Well...our family has been many, many times. If I had a dollar for every time someone made a joke about us going to Disney World again, I'd have enough to pay for our next trip.

Anyway...I'm looking to change things up a bit on our next trip. I feel like we always do the same thing: PrimeTime, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, and Akershus (breakfast) with a fairly routine smattering of counterservice restaurants, too. We're planning another trip and I'm looking for suggestions for some different things. Our plan is to stay at Bay Lake Tower near the end of May for 8 nights on the regular dining plan.

Any suggestions on working in some different things. We'll probably still do PrimeTime (DH loves the fried chicken) and Chef Mickeys (ridiculous NOT to eat there if we are staying at BLT).

We will have a good size crowd with a range of ages. 4 adults, 4 teens (2 girls, 2 boys), and 2 girls ages 3 1/2 - 4. My husband is a pretty meat and potatoes guy who is highly skeptical of anything "new fangled" (his words, not me).

Any help would be most appreciated.

I just got back and the best meal we had was at Cat Cora's Kouzzina. They had a amazing steak and potato dinner. We shared a sagnacki appetizer and it was large we also had a greek salad and a couple of wine flights. It will diffently be a must go back to meal next time we go. Raglan Road on the other hand I wll never waste my time, money or dinning credits (whatever one applies) there again. I wished we would have done Kouzzina twice instead.

'Ohana is fun with a large group. We like the food there too.

I also think large parties could be happy at Tutto Italia (though I would only do that on the DDP because prices are ridiculous) or if you can get it, Le Cellier.

We loved Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. All ages (6 - 66) in our party enjoyed the meal. Plus, an early ADR gets you on the safari ahead of the crowd at the gate.

We also enjoyed the Wave at the CR. It was new-agey, but not too stuffy that kids would have a problem. They have a nice steak and boniata (sp?) potato dinner there that my mom and I both enjoyed.

Our favorite MK meal is lunch at LTT. Pot roast is awesome. My DH tried the tri-corner sandwich here for the first time during our trip in August, and it was delicious as well.

Check out the restaurants at the different resorts. Yes it can be a little time consuming travelling to them, but there are some great place to eat. Look at where you've eaten before and check out where you haven't eaten in the parks. Go to them.

We tried different rest in Sept. after many years of the same. We enjoyed Tutto Itallia, Le Cellier(never gets old), WPE for CS. 1900 Park Fare and O'hanas were so-so. We went to CP 2x's. Once would have been enough. We are burnt out on CP and Ohana's.

The Wave might be an option. It depends on how much it would fall into the "new fangled" category. You might try it for breakfast.

Go to The Wave!!! Very very good there!!

What about Biergarten in Germany...we had a big group with several picky eaters and several foodies and everyone LOVED it. Also, Teppan Edo...in Japan...sounds "new fangled" but really, it is just meat and veggies and rice/noodles! FUN for ALL....even the hard to please teens!! I would also recommend Hoop Dee Doo for your group...you sound like some that would like it...we did and the fried chicken is GREAT!

Teppan Edo ! So much fun, and the food is great!

I would also suggest BOMA. The food is really different, but it is a buffet, so if you don't love the ethnic offerings, there are tons of choices for any palette, and you might just find a new favorite.

Rose and Crown in UK was really good. Good selection, my BF loved the fish and chips. Um, Yachtmans Steakhouse is awesome for steak and potatoes, but can run a little pricey, but I believe cheaper that Le Cellier. I love CP for breakfast, because of the puffed french toast. Teppan Edo is fun too with the cooking in front of you.

We also enjoyed LTT for lunch!
Tutto Italia and Le Cellier at Epcot were a good 1 credit value on the DDP. We also like Kona Cafe at the Poly...
For 2 DDP credits we have loved the California Grill at the Contemporary and it has that convenient location;)!!

Whispering Canyon Cafe would be fun for a big group and your meat and potatoes husband would really like the skillet.

My family loves Tusker House Breakfast buffet (great food selection, good coffee and great character interaction. Since you are staying at BLT, I would try The Wave.

My votes:

Rose and Crown (LOVE IT) It is our must do every trip
Tusker House Breakfast (YUMMMM!)
Kona at the Poly.

These are favorites of ours and I am doing all three on our next trip.

We did enjoy Whispering Canyon a lot as well.

We tried Cape May at the Beach Club for the first time last week and really enjoyed it. They had seafood (clams, mussels, fried tilapia (YUM) and crab legs) but also bbq ribs, carved beef and chicken and the usual side dishes. We'll definitely be returning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter