• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant suggestions for DH and I

Sgt Mickey

<font color=red>I will always remember where I was
We are going to Disney in July. We are bringing our 4 kids (17,13, 12, 12) and the kids two friends (12, 18). DH and have never done anything alone at Disney. I think this may be the perfect time. Since my son and his friends are 17 and 18 I was going to let them take the other kids on rides while we do dinner somewhere (same park). SO where have you and your spouse ate at that you thought was nice maybe semi romantic for a park:love:
So any of the four parks. I was thinking maybe Magic Kingdom or Hollywood studios so the kids would have their favorite rides to go on while we ate.

Ooh, that sounds like wonderful evening for you two! Would you consider leaving the park for a resort? I honestly can not think of any romantic restaurants in MK or HS. Epcot would give you more of a selection IMO. Good luck deciding!

For DHS, I'd probably do the Brown Derby.
For MK, I guess Be Our Guest.

If I was going to do what you're suggesting, I would likely want to do it at Epcot though. The dining choices are much more varied. I suppose the attraction choices for the kids would be less varied, but I'm sure they could find something to do.

At MK, everyone will probably answer "Be Our Guest" - although this one is going to be very, very, very hard to book. And while I think it's nice and have eaten there myself, I am not so sure about it being romantic (other than the fact that there are darker corners in the dining rooms and the theme is Storybook French). To me, it is too packed and too bustling for romance.

I would probably take Liberty Tree or the Plaza over that option, if I was going to stay in the park.

But then, who says y'all can't leave for one of the nearby resorts and just come back into the park after dinner? That opens up a whole range of options.

Ohana or Kona over at the Poly.
The Grand Floridian Cafe at the GF.
If you want to do something a little nicer (signature), then there are the Californa Grill at the Contemporary, or Artist Point at WL, or Citrico's or Narcoossees at the GF.

At Epcot, I would think probably Chefs de France or Tutto Italia for a romantic vibe, although you can find plenty of good options there. Just out the "back gate" there are others, too, including the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club - which is one of my favorites and always calm and quiet for dinner. Plus there's the bonus of being able to take a leisurely stroll along either the boardwalk or the beaches on your way back to the park.

At DHS.... well, I don't have one for you there, as the only TS that I find worth the time at DHS is 50s PTC, which is decidedly not romantic.

At AK, I'd pick Yak and Yeti and ask for a quiet table upstairs.

Definitely one of the castle restaurants at MK and my husband would like Sci Fi just because it reminds him of a drive in date and it is dark...will take ya back to courting days :)

Brown Derby at DHS, hands down!

MK is a lot harder. I'm guessing that you're going to prefer not to leave the park, even to go close-by. I'd say Tony's, and I'd ask for as out-of-the-way table as possible.

At DHS - Brown Derby

At MK - I'm not sure there are any truly romantic spots.

Maybe CRT simply because it's the castle?

We haven't yet eaten at Be our Guest, but I suppose maybe the West Wing dining room might be a little moody & romantic... although from reviews I've read, the restaurant looks a little loud & crowded (tables close together).

Or maybe Tony's Town Square - no characters to cause extra noise/excitement... and the "Lady & the Tramp" theme is kinda romantic in a cute way. Tony's might not be that bad actually... we like sitting in the sun room, but the dining room is a little darker, & the tables, to me, don't feel as crowded as some other restaurants.

Would you consider dining at one of the MK resorts? Narcoossee's or Citrico's at Grand Floridian? California Grill at the Contemporary?

Both the Contemporary & the Grand Floridian are a quick monorail ride away from the MK.

Ooh, that sounds like wonderful evening for you two! Would you consider leaving the park for a resort? I honestly can not think of any romantic restaurants in MK or HS. Epcot would give you more of a selection IMO. Good luck deciding!

I guess we could. Thank you.

For DHS, I'd probably do the Brown Derby.
For MK, I guess Be Our Guest.

If I was going to do what you're suggesting, I would likely want to do it at Epcot though. The dining choices are much more varied. I suppose the attraction choices for the kids would be less varied, but I'm sure they could find something to do.

I do want to do Brown Derby but I heard bad reviews so I was worried.

At DHS - Brown Derby

At MK - I'm not sure there are any truly romantic spots.

Maybe CRT simply because it's the castle?

We haven't yet eaten at Be our Guest, but I suppose maybe the West Wing dining room might be a little moody & romantic... although from reviews I've read, the restaurant looks a little loud & crowded (tables close together).

Or maybe Tony's Town Square - no characters to cause extra noise/excitement... and the "Lady & the Tramp" theme is kinda romantic in a cute way. Tony's might not be that bad actually... we like sitting in the sun room, but the dining room is a little darker, & the tables, to me, don't feel as crowded as some other restaurants.

Would you consider dining at one of the MK resorts? Narcoossee's or Citrico's at Grand Floridian? California Grill at the Contemporary?

Both the Contemporary & the Grand Floridian are a quick monorail ride away from the MK.

Thanks I will check all of those out and add them to the equation.

Definitely one of the castle restaurants at MK and my husband would like Sci Fi just because it reminds him of a drive in date and it is dark...will take ya back to courting days :)

Sci Fi is one I want to try. BUT I sort of feel guilty going to one I know the kids want to try too:rotfl:

I do want to do Brown Derby but I heard bad reviews so I was worried.

For every single restaurant at WDW, you will see good and bad reviews. Best thing is to make choices based on menus, location, price (as necessary) and see for yourselves.

We are going to Disney in July. We are bringing our 4 kids (17,13, 12, 12) and the kids two friends (12, 18). DH and have never done anything alone at Disney. I think this may be the perfect time. Since my son and his friends are 17 and 18 I was going to let them take the other kids on rides while we do dinner somewhere (same park). SO where have you and your spouse ate at that you thought was nice maybe semi romantic for a park:love:
So any of the four parks. I was thinking maybe Magic Kingdom or Hollywood studios so the kids would have their favorite rides to go on while we ate.

Brown Derby is your best bet :thumbsup2

Epcot- Coral Reef or Chefs De France or Le Cellier or either place in Mexico or Italy....
AK- Yak and Yeti (was once a must-do for us, but last trip was disappointing)
MK- could try for BOG, but that will be a madhouse and resies are tough to get
HS- Brown Derby (we weren't overly impressed here, but do want to try it again)

I think you have way more options at Epcot and there's plenty there to keep the kids occupied.

Epcot would definitely be your best bet... There is actually a lot for the kids to do and a LOT more of romantic dining options. The wife and I seem to always plan one dinner at Chefs de France on all our visits. Great food, service, and atmosphere at reasonable (for Disney) prices. Tutto and Via Napoli are great too and San Angel has a great atmosphere.

If you want to stick close to MK I'd go with California Grill though I heard that it is going to be refurbished at some point. They have a great atmosphere and a wide selection of eats.

Epcot would definitely be your best bet... There is actually a lot for the kids to do and a LOT more of romantic dining options. The wife and I seem to always plan one dinner at Chefs de France on all our visits. Great food, service, and atmosphere at reasonable (for Disney) prices. Tutto and Via Napoli are great too and San Angel has a great atmosphere.

If you want to stick close to MK I'd go with California Grill though I heard that it is going to be refurbished at some point. They have a great atmosphere and a wide selection of eats.

Thank you.

Epcot- Coral Reef or Chefs De France or Le Cellier or either place in Mexico or Italy....
AK- Yak and Yeti (was once a must-do for us, but last trip was disappointing)
MK- could try for BOG, but that will be a madhouse and resies are tough to get
HS- Brown Derby (we weren't overly impressed here, but do want to try it again)

I think you have way more options at Epcot and there's plenty there to keep the kids occupied.

Thanks. The only one we have done off that list is Coral Reef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter