Restaurant Poll Series: San Angel Inn

San Angel Inn: Yea or Nay?

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also couldnt vote...i adore the ambiance but the food and service well back in Sepyt2008 was horrible.. I would like to give it another try tho once I try all the other restaurants like we havent tried like the new italian and mexican places, GF Cafe, Cape May and Rose and Crown

My vote = Nay. Emphatically.

Poor service. Bland food. Tables squeezed so close together its hard to get into/out of your seat. Basically it was a slight step above Taco Bell.

It used to be one of my favorites, but these days, nothing on the menu appeals to me.

I like this spot if you aren't in a rush and don't have small kids. Our food was great - the ambience was great - the service was abysmal. DH waited for 35 minutes for the check - the waiters studiously ignored him.

I voted Yea, I really loved my lunch. Our service was great and the ambiance was amazing. I have two more ADR's schedule for this year. I was hesitant on trying this place due to negative Dis reviews but am so glad I decided to try it.

Yea! (And hi fellow NJ'ers!)

I love this place, always have. I enjoy the authentic dishes, this is not a "Chili's" style menu - and that is what I appreciate. Great atmosphere, and now with La Cava - sign me up!

Ditto this. One of the best meals in Epcot. :thumbsup2

glad to see this poll.
this place gets such mixed reviews..we ae a little nervous about giving it a go in Dec. but looks like we might be pleasantly surprised!

We're spoiled with absolutely wonderful New Mexican food (Albuquerque, Santa Fe, etc.) and true Mexican food just isn't the same for us. We don't care much for Tex-Mex or California-Mexican food either.

On the other hand, when I say true Mexican food, the seafood and chicken meals we've had in Mexico were fabulous, but they weren't trying to cover everything in a 'red' sauce either.

So I would vote yes on the ambiance and order food that I know wasn't going to be weird...Margaritas!

I loved it. The atmosphere is the best and the food is very good. I really enjoyed the Mahi-Mahi a la Veracruzana. But we won't be returning anytime soon because it looks like they changed the kids meals to typical *nuggets, mac n cheese, pb&j*. :sad2:

Thanks for the additional replies! Keep those votes coming. One of us will be opening a new poll in a day or two.

My DH loves Mexican food, and insisted we go to this restaurant. After the meal, he apologized to me. Enough said!

Nay. Tables impossibly close together, noisy (especially near the front entrance), slow service, very ordinary food.

Not to get too off-topic, but the one Disney restaurant where I can definitely rember noticing that tables were too close together for my personal comfort level was San Angel's kind-of sister restaurant (at least in design) in Disneyland, Blue Bayou.

The night we were there I could have easily taken food off the plate from a lady that was seated almost next to me--only it wasn't Mrs U. She was on my left.
This was a lady at the table to my right--the table next to ours!!

We were there a few weeks ago and loved it!!!! I had a jalepeno margarita (not on the San Angel menu) but they will let you order it, and it was so unique. We all really enjoyed our food. I had a chicken dish and dh had the steak tacos. Our server was FABULOUS!

My ds(3) got ice cream for dessert and he almost had to fight me off for the churro that was served with it.

There are a ton of restaurants that I want to try at Epcot, but it will be hard not making a return visit here.

We don't like it. Let me say that if you are looking for traditional mexican fare, you should love the place. Our family went after a long day touring expecting something similar to the Ameri-mex cuisine so familiar to us. It is definitely not that.

I'm a little late to the San Angel party, but wanted to chime in. I want to like this restaurant so much. I love the inside of the Mexico Pavillion! In all fairness, we've only eaten here once and it was a long time ago. I want to give it another try, I really do, but when I think back to how horrible our food and service was, I mean, really horrible, I just can't bring myself to give it another try. Maybe someday we will! :confused:

I have to say "Nay" to SAI. The atmsophere is very nice, relaxing and special in its own way. However, the food is pretty bad. I am a big fan of Mexican/Spanish foods (and no I don't mean tacos and burritos) and the past 2 or 3 times I have been there I have left disappointed.

San Angel Inn has always been a must-do for my family but up until our last visit, March 2010, it was more for the atmosphere than the food. This last time, however, we noticed that they have made many changes to their menu and everything that the 7 of us had (which included appetizers, entrees, and desserts since we were on the DeLuxe Dining Plan) was really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter