• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant Poll Series: San Angel Inn

San Angel Inn: Yea or Nay?

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugmalion1

The moldering sanctum of the spirit world
After such a strong turnout for our last poll, we decided maybe it would be fun to make this a series. You hear a lot of differing opinions on a lot of restaurants. In some cases, the opinions either for or against might be part of a vocal minority and not indicative of the Disney-going public as a whole. So, in the interest of clearing the air, we will post unbiased threads at semi-regular intervals asking for people to answer polls "yea" or "nay" regarding the many table service eateries in the World (maybe the Land, too).

Today's topic: San Angel Inn
Love it or hate it? Please vote, and, if you'd like to give your reason for your vote, please respond.

Previous Restaurants Discussed
Coral Reef

It's a yea for me. I think the atmosphere is cute and the menu offers a good variety, all of which seems to be well-executed based on the dishes I've tried.

Yea! (And hi fellow NJ'ers!)

I love this place, always have. I enjoy the authentic dishes, this is not a "Chili's" style menu - and that is what I appreciate. Great atmosphere, and now with La Cava - sign me up!

You need an "other" on the choices. I cannot say one way or another :)

The first time we ate there was almost 14 years ago. I remember thinking what a cool place but that we would not go back. The second time we ate there 6 years ago. I remember not liking the food much and thinking "now I know why we said we would not come back". Of course now I am thinking we might have to try it again because I cannot remember exactly what it was we did not like about the food :confused3 and it is such a beautiful place :) Plus we do like the Mexican CS kiosk we ate at in Feb.

This place could be so great! We loved eating by the water, enjoying the darky view. Its a 10 for ambiance, but a 2 on the food. It wasn't inedible but just didn't have any flavor, very bland. So its a skip for us.

You need an "other" on the choices. I cannot say one way or another :)

The first time we ate there was almost 14 years ago. I remember thinking what a cool place but that we would not go back. The second time we ate there 6 years ago. I remember not liking the food much and thinking "now I know why we said we would not come back". Of course now I am thinking we might have to try it again because I cannot remember exactly what it was we did not like about the food :confused3 and it is such a beautiful place :) Plus we do like the Mexican CS kiosk we ate at in Feb.

Thanks for the reply and bump, but we will not be including an "other" choice on future polls. I'd rather have a non-vote than votes that aren't either a thumbs up or down. Next time you go, you should track down this thread and vote. I'll be linking to all past polls in each new one. Maybe bump it up from Dis thread purgatory.

We just ate there 2 weeks ago, and really like it. Tables were a bit close together, but the ambiance was so nice. Food was good, and we felt the value for the price was excellent. The Mango margarita was fantastic!!!

we really, really enjoyed it...entrees were fabulous (2 had steaks, 3rd person had fish) Chips & salsa for starters were great. Sangria pitcher was outstanding! Ambiance is gorgeous, and sooooo nice on a hot sunny day to suddenly be in a nice, cool "evening" scenic atmosphere. Service was great. Only thing we didn't like was 1 of the desserts (bread pudding was not all that.) We'd go back any time.

It's NOT 'merican tex-mex. It's not Taco Bell. You won't get tacos there. You will get good food...just don't expect the usual "mexican" food, because it's not.

So many people have such strong dislike for this restaurant that I'm thinking it must have been really bad IN THE PAST! If you read more current reviews (say the last year or so) you'll find most of them to be very favorable. We had a fantastic meal there last October. Everything was delicious from appetizers to desserts!!! Frankly, it blew Le Cellier out of the water for me!! Huge thumbs up!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yea for me! I love the atmosphere here and the food was pretty good! We had a birthday dinner for my dad here. The staff made that dinner really fun for us.

Don't like it. Food is just ok, and although the ambiance is interesting and pleasant, I think the restaurant is a bit too dark. There are better options in epcot for a family with little children.

We ate there last November even though we heard horrible reviews...and LOVED it. Loved the ambiance...really enjoyed the food. It's not tex-mex, which I think most people want. It's actually Mexican food. So the flavors are a little different than what the majority of the US is used to. I think that's where all the negative reviews come from!

San Angel Inn has a wonderful atmosphere. Our children loved eating near the water, watching the boats drift by and the volcano erupt. However, the food was very disappointing, and they charged us a gratuity % (required for party of 6 or more) even though our 6th was under 2 and not ordering. It was fun to try, but we won't eat there again.

Absolutely YEA for me! San Angel Inn has an incredible atmosphere that is very relaxing. Also, I find the food to be delicious.

I was wondering something......

How many of the people who vote nay are comparing the food to Tex-Mex? I live in Texas, so I grew up on and love Tex-Mex food. But, true Mexican food is truly something entirely different.

Yea for me, have no problems with the food. There are some things I do not like on the menu, so I don't order them. I love the atmosphere. I'm a light eater and lots of times I order an appetizer, a drink and a dessert for meals.

Absolutely YEA for me! San Angel Inn has an incredible atmosphere that is very relaxing. Also, I find the food to be delicious.

I was wondering something......

How many of the people who vote nay are comparing the food to Tex-Mex? I live in Texas, so I grew up on and love Tex-Mex food. But, true Mexican food is truly something entirely different.
Seems to be the overriding sentiment as far as the speculation for the 'nay' votes is concerned, but I can't say I've ever seen anyone erroneously compare the two. Thanks for the reply.

I voted YAY. While the food isn't totally awesome, the atmosphere is. ( don't get me wrong though, I do like the food) I love eating there and getting a table next to the water to watch the boats. It kind of reminds me of San Antonio Riverwalk. We've got ADR's for Sept for San Angel and I can't wait !! :cool1:

Nay for me. When we ate there we felt very rushed. Service was not good. Our waiter wasn't slow - just didn't refill drinks, came by and took away beer bottles and didn't even ask if we wanted another. I don't think I had taken more than 2 bites of my soup when the entre was brought out and then he gave us the bill before we even ordered dessert! A memorable, but not the right way, anniversary dinner.

I love the atmosphere at San Angel, it really can't be beat. I really enjoyed the Ceviche appetizer before they changed the menu , I think sometime in 2009. But I would still give this restaurant a try it is worth it!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter