• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant options

I've just seen DD is under 3. I'd personally pick mostly buffets as DD will eat free. If you order her a meal at table service you will pay for her meal.

It may be worth taking ID for her if she is literally a few days under 3. We got asked on entry to the park how old DD was a couple of times and she was only 2.5 (but as big as a 3.5 year old)

SO I will probably switch 3rd day Walts to "The Steakhouse" If it is a buffer

Thank you.. I changed the plans a bit because I saw Anettes and liked it a lot.

Questions:
Q1: I read very carefully the Restaurant reviews thread and about the Steakhouse, people have eaten like it is a buffet restaurant and others as it is not.
The Steakhouse only has a buffet for Sunday lunchtime. It's a chacter meal with great, great food and something we definitely do if we're there on that day.
Q2: If you stay for 3 nights, you get 3 HB vouchers right? Can you buy an other one? Or how can you pay in advance for your meal?
Yes you'd get 3 vouchers. You can't buy extra vouchers (they are only meant to cover one meal a day), but you could if you wished pay in advance for character meals such as Cafe Mickey, Buffalo Bills, Lucky Nugget, Auberge.

My plan right now is to eat
1st day: Anettes (no vouchers, we will pay what we will eat)
2nd day - Randez vous de Stars (if it is a buffet. If not we will go at The Steakhouse)
3rd day- Walts only if I find a table at the 1st floor, window seat
They generally won't reserve you a particular table but tell you to ask at the time
4th day Cafe Mickey - eat n great
:goodvibes

The only time you can have buffet at the Steakhouse is on Sundays between noon and 3pm - this is the character brunch.

At all other times, the Steakhouse is a table service meal.

The only time you can have buffet at the Steakhouse is on Sundays between noon and 3pm - this is the character brunch.

At all other times, the Steakhouse is a table service meal.

:(
what about Randez vous de stars? will it be a buffet until 11th May?

Then I switch it again
I prefer Village restaurants because you can have dinner
and I wanted one more buffet.. to put it in day 3, instead of Walts (if it is not a good table, we will not like it)

1st day: Anettes (no vouchers, we will pay what we will eat)
2nd day - Randez vous de Stars (if it is a buffet)
3rd day- Walts
4th day Cafe Mickey - eat n great

I don't know what the meal choice will be at Rendezvous des Stars by 11th May, sorry.
If you prefer the Village, and a buffet, there is La Grange at Billy Bobs in the Village. This is open all evening, is a full buffet, and is covered in full by half board plus vouchers.

there is La Grange at Billy Bobs in the Village. This is open all evening, is a full buffet, and is covered in full by half board plus vouchers.
I saw it on an other thread that you liked taat. I will check it out, thank you

Where can I find what time is the last seating at Cafe Mickey and what time are the characters there for dinner?

Among the following restaurants, in which one should I not use the HB+ vouchers, and pay the whole bill?
La Grange at Billy Bob's
Anettes
Randez vous de Stars
Walts
Cafe Mickey

i would say annettes. for twenty euros you get a burger, fries a dessert and a drink. with the voucher the only extra you get is soup or cheese things. and as far as i have heard your starter comes with your meal. soup with a burger really??? lol

IWhere can I find what time is the last seating at Cafe Mickey and what time are the characters there for dinner?

I've seen the characters still out at 10.30pm but suspect this may be their last round of the tables.

I'm not sure of the time of the last seating. If no-one else posts, you could always phone Dining Reservations on 00 33 1 60 30 40 50 to ask. :)

The "eat & great" option is when the characters come around?? Is it something more than that? Because I thought they go to all restaurants, but as fas as I know only 3-4 restaurants have this option

The characters are only at some of the restaurants. They come round to your table for autographs and/or photos. These are the ones they come to.

Cafe Mickey Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Although Cafe Mickey is open all day the characters aren't there mid-morning nor in the afternoon. They're there in the morning for breakfast, then say between 12 and 2.30pm for lunch, then approximately 6pm - 10.30pm in the evening.

The Lucky Nugget Buffet Lunch (Dinner when the park is open late as in Summer season). Also, the Tea Party is here now.

Auberge de Cendrillon Lunch (I think this may also be open for dinner in the Summer season?? :confused3 )

Inventions at the Disneyland Hotel. Buffet Dinner.

Hope this helps. :)

Sunday Brunch at The Steakhouse in Disney Village. Buffet Lunch 12-3pm on Sundays only.

In the brochure I have, it says Blue Lagoon is now included on the half board plus option but I haven't seen anyone mention that it is. Does anyone if this is true?

Blue Lagoon has only been added to the HB plus list since April, prior to that it was on the HB premium. No characters at this restaurant although you might get lucky and get a visit from Jack Sparrow. :)

I think I will book tomorrow these restaurants, I have HB plus
and this is my final order
1st day: 18.30 Anettes (no vouchers, we will pay what we will eat)
2nd day: 14.30 Randez vous de Stars (Let's hope it is a buffer)
3rd day- 20.00 La Grange at Billy Bob's
4th day 2.30pm for lunch Cafe Mickey - eat n great

What do you think?

We have just upgraded from Plus to Prem. Here is our two meal plans.

On Half Board Plus

Day 1 - Parkside Diner (staying at HNY)
Day 2 - Auberge de Cendrillon (Pay extra -7 year old Princess mad Daughter)
Day 3 - Rendez-vous des stars
Day 4 - Cafe Mickey (Pay extra - For 4 year old Mickey mad son)
Day 5 - Walts

However after thinking about it we have upgraded to Prem.

Day 1 - Cafe Mickey
Day 2 - Auberge De Cendrillon
Day 3 - Rendez Vous des stars
Day 4 - Inventions
Day 5 - Walts

Pete n Taz :cool1:

I think I will book tomorrow these restaurants, I have HB plus
and this is my final order
2nd day: 14.30 Randez vous de Stars (Let's hope it is a buffer)
4th day 2.30pm for lunch Cafe Mickey - eat n great

What do you think?

To be honest, whilst I think your restaurant choices are fine, I think you won't get the best out of the character interaction by having your lunch meals so late. The characters at Cafe Mickey are not in the restaurant at all after around 2.45pm, until evening. I don't know about the animatronic Remy at Rendezvous des Stars though, he may be around for late lunch.

I did the Ratatouille dining experience at Restaurant des stars last week. I thought it was very good. It closes quite early though... only open until 4. 22 euros for adults I believe. Remy makes his final appearance at 3:15.

Good selection of food (pastas, salad, pizza... ratatouille obviously, meat dishes... lots of desserts... coffee).

OK, I will check again.

Is HB+ fine for these? ( I know I will use them as face value at Cafe Mickey )

2nd day: 14.30 Randez vous de Stars (waiting for Remy appearance at 3.15)
4th day 13.00 pm for lunch Cafe Mickey - eat n great

What do you think?

I BOOKED!!!

I changed the last day with the first day
and now it is:

1st day: 14.00 pm for lunch Cafe Mickey - eat n great
2nd day: 14.00 Randez vous de Stars she said that characters are there at that time, and Remy's appearance is a surprise
3rd day- 20.00 La Grange at Billy Bobs
4th day 18.30 Anettes - you can't make a reservation there

I BOOKED!!!

I changed the last day with the first day
and now it is:

1st day: 14.00 pm for lunch Cafe Mickey - eat n great
2nd day: 14.00 Randez vous de Stars she said that characters are there at that time, and Remy's appearance is a surprise
3rd day- 20.00 La Grange at Billy Bobs
4th day 18.30 Anettes - you can't make a reservation there

Great choices :thumbsup2 but did you mean to type she said that characters are there at that time next to Cafe Mickey as there aren't any characters at Rendez Vous, only little Remy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter