• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant Opinions?

Shutterfox

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! Our WDW trip is coming up fast and I have reservations at some table service character dining locations that we've never been to before. I'd like to get a few opinions on the experiences some of you may have had at the following restaurants:

- Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy and his Pals at Disney's Four Seasons (breakfast)
- Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club Resort (breakfast)
- Garden Grove at the Swan Lake Hotel (dinner)
- Tusker House at Animal Kingdom (lunch)
- Hollywood & Vine at Hollywood Studios

This is our daughter's first visit to Disney World and it's also during her birthday, so I want to make it just a little bit more of a special experience for her! If you also may have some recommendations, I would love to read them. I'm checking daily (often multiple times) for any availability at CRT or Akershus, since DD adores the princesses, but I'm not getting our hopes up for that. Hopefully, I can make it up with a few other character dining experiences :lovestruc:

Thank you very much in advance!

Hollywood & vine and tusker house are both great character meals. Tusker house has really good food and h&v has average food but great character interaction. My kids enjoyed both!

Thank you both for sharing your positive experiences! I am feeling more confident about my selection already :flower3:

can I asked where you booked the good morning breakfast with goofy?

It seems the reservations being offered on the MDE website are limited. There was only 1 at 730 for the day I was looking, but opentable had reservations for every 15 minutes from 7-11 (the email confirmation confirms that the opentable reservation is for the character breakfast).

Note that the character breakfast is only Thursdays and Saturdays. Every other day is standard breakfast.

For princeses I took my family to the happily ever after dinner at grand floridian.Cinderella,step mother and two step sisters as well as prince charming were there it was pretty funny with the step siblings and cinderella interacting with each other. We paid out of pocket for it but the food was good.

Thank you for your responses!

I booked the Good Morning with Goofy and Pals on the MDE website for a 9:50AM. It's located in Disney's new Four Seasons. Keep in mind that the character breakfasts are only Thursdays and Saturdays.

I actually had 1900 Park Fare booked for a dinner, but I plan to drop it now since we were able to book a CRT for a dinner! Talk about super great luck! :yay:

The only one we've been to out of that list is Cape May. It was SO good! So cozy inside and the characters are cute in their beach outfits. The french toast is also something special there-yum!!

Thank you for your responses!

I booked the Good Morning with Goofy and Pals on the MDE website for a 9:50AM. It's located in Disney's new Four Seasons. Keep in mind that the character breakfasts are only Thursdays and Saturdays.

I actually had 1900 Park Fare booked for a dinner, but I plan to drop it now since we were able to book a CRT for a dinner! Talk about super great luck! :yay:

Congrats on the CT ADR. I have to wonder about the 4Seasons breakfast though. That is really late if you are doing a park that day. You are losing a whole morning of park touring. If you could get a much earlier time, maybe by going thru opentable, it might be better.

Hollywood & Vine is our least favourite character breakfast. Part of that is due to the mediocre, at best, food and part of that is just general lack of interest from my son in the characters. If your daughter is into Disney Jr., then it's definitely worth going.

Cape May breakfast was one of our best character meal experiences and I really liked the buffet as well. It has now become a must do for us.

Tusker House is a take it or leave it for me. My son loves character meals, so we usually do this one on our AK day.

We loved Cape May breakfast and Tusker House lunch. Tusker House was the best character interaction we've had while in Disney. Have a great trip:goodvibes

Thank you all again for your kind words, advice, and responses! I really do appreciate you folks sharing your experiences with me. We have Hollywood & Vine scheduled for dinner, and my daughter is still quite young so she adores Disney Jr. Looks like I will keep the ADRs that I have now that I feel more confident, thanks to you folks!

Congrats on the CT ADR. I have to wonder about the 4Seasons breakfast though. That is really late if you are doing a park that day. You are losing a whole morning of park touring. If you could get a much earlier time, maybe by going thru opentable, it might be better.

I appreciate the thought! Our breakfast with Goofy and Pals is actually booked on our "day off" to lounge around the pools, so we won't be missing any park time. I couldn't bear to lose so much park time just for a character meal =P

Breakfast at Cape May is one that I would definitely do again. Good food selection and the characters were great.

We've done the Tusker House breakfast twice and the last time (2 weeks ago) was a bit of a disappointment. There were only 3 characters - as opposed to 4. We were also rushed with the characters as well - it was ridiculous. I'd never experienced anything like it before.

Keep trying for Akershus. The princesses are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter