• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant opinions

traci81

Earning My Ears
Opinions on best restaurants based on past experience. We are going in November and have some booked but I am curious as to what other people think about places they have dined.

Opinions on best restaurants based on past experience. We are going in November and have some booked but I am curious as to what other people think about places they have dined.

Well, the first thing you need to understand is that you will get good and bad reviews about every single restaurant on property!! So, be sure and take all answers with a grain of salt.

We, personally love 'Ohana, Cape May Clambake, and Boma - our three favorites. You will hear negative reviews about 'all' of them.

The best thing is to try the restaurants that appeal to you, then you can make your own decision on whether it's for you or not! Happy eating! :goodvibes

Thanks. Yea I expect to rear good and bad reviews but just wanted to see what some of the people on here had marked as favorite places to eat. Thanks for you thoughts.

Le Cellier - filet with mushroom risotto, absolutely out of this world!
Enjoyed Teppan Edo also. Jiko's steak was like butter. The cheese empanadas at the Mexican pavilion are delicious.

Parks - BOG, LTT (lunch), Via Napoli, Tokoyo Dining, Marakesh, Chefs de France, R&C, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose
Resorts - Citricos, Cal Grill, Yachtsmans, Flying fish, Crews Cup, Shulas, Olivias, Trails End
DTD - Raglan Road, WP Express, Earl

1 Boma
2 Yak n Yetis
3 Sanaa
4 San Angel Inn
5 50's Prime Time
6 Hollywood Brown Derby
7 Via Napoli
8 Beaches and Cream
9 Be Our Guest
10 Le Cellier EP
11 Yachtman's Steakhouse
12 T-Rex
13 Sci Fi Dine In Theater
14 Nine Dragons
15 Hoop Dee Doo Music Review
16 Crystal Palace
17 Whispering Canyon
18 Coral Reef
19 The Plaza Restaurant
20 'Ohanas

Based on 'our' desire to repeat the experience. Takes into account not just the food but the whole dining experience.

Boma for dinner. We rarely "repeat" restaurants because we like to try new things. But we did Boma on our past two trips. It's wonderful to be able to try African foods and know that if you don't like something, you can go back to the buffet and try something else.

1 Boma 2 Yak n Yetis 3 Sanaa 4 San Angel Inn 5 50's Prime Time 6 Hollywood Brown Derby 7 Via Napoli 8 Beaches and Cream 9 Be Our Guest 10 Le Cellier EP 11 Yachtman's Steakhouse 12 T-Rex 13 Sci Fi Dine In Theater 14 Nine Dragons 15 Hoop Dee Doo Music Review 16 Crystal Palace 17 Whispering Canyon 18 Coral Reef 19 The Plaza Restaurant 20 'Ohanas Based on 'our' desire to repeat the experience. Takes into account not just the food but the whole dining experience.

Very happy to see that many of our choices for next years trip are on your list!

I found that the 'Dining Reviews' section of the thread was really helpful. You can look through people's pictures and read their reviews! Also, looking through the menus on WDW Info was very helpful. For each restaurant I wanted to try, I could look beforehand to make sure there was something my BF and I would both like.

Thanks everyone. I do like looking at the menus but is nice to hear what others think. All the posts were very helpful.

We just got back last week, and combined with our last trip, here's my opinions:

1. Be Our Guest was worth the wait...the food was fantastic. Lunch was very meh, but dinner...yum.

2. Via Napoli - this was a last minute choice, and it was amazing. I would definitely recommend the pizza

3. Hollywood & Vine Play 'n Dine - we had breakfast here, and it's by far the worst meal I've ever had at Disney...and one of the worst ones I've ever had anywhere. The food was gross, the service was awful...fortunately the characters were great, but if I had to do it over, I'd dump this ressie in a heartbeat and pick anything else.

4. 'Ohana - I love this place. Some people love it, some people hate it...we're firmly in the "love" camp.

5. Akershus - The food was excellent (loved the cold bar appetizers, all you can enjoy), but the princesses were the real draw....and they were well worth it. We had an early reservation (5:10), and were one of the first families seated, so I think that made a difference...the other times we were at Epcot later in the day nobody looked too thrilled.

Jiko
Hollywood Brown Derby
Liberty Tree Tavern
BOG
1900 Park Fare (breakfast because of Mary Poppins)

We tried and loved...
Ohana
Be our guest
Via Napoli
Yachtsman
Crystal palace breakfast

Teppan Edo was just OK IMO. I have had way better hibachi. But if you're not usually a hibachi person you may love it.

Our favorites are:

Lecellier
Via Napoli
Biergarten
Sic Fi
Ohana

Least favorite -- garden grill

We tried and loved... Ohana Be our guest Via Napoli Yachtsman Crystal palace breakfast Teppan Edo was just OK IMO. I have had way better hibachi. But if you're not usually a hibachi person you may love it.

I completely agree about Teppan Edo. I like Benihana better. The sushi at Teppan Edo was actually pretty good, better than the regular food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter