Restaurant Marrakesh what do you think of it?

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
I have scheduled an ADR for our upcoming trip for lunch. Four adults. We have never eaten here and I am looking for some honest reviews.

We love Restaurant Marrakesh! We have eaten there many times and everything we have had has been perfectly prepared and delicious! My favorite is the couscous...either vegetable or lamb. The bread they serve is fantastic as well. A musical trio and a belly dancer perform at regular intervals. It's a fun place for a meal. Enjoy!

We have eaten here a few times and LOVED it! It is unique and the food is really good. I think it is a very underrated restaurant!

Our Ratings of Restaurant Marrakesh: (3/16/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Restaurant Marrakesh serves flavorful specialties, using
a long list of herbs and spices including saffron. A favorite appetizer
bastilla (fried pastry) has layers of pastry with chicken seasoned
with Almonds, sugar and cinnamon. During lunch and dinner, a belly
dancer entertains with live Moroccan music (sensual, but not at all
risque). If you like new things (spicey) it is a good change of pace.

I like that it is hidden away. I visited the real Morocco in march 2012, and had an authentic Moroccan meal in Tetuoan. I enjoyed the meal. I think restaurant Marrakesh is on par with that meal. So for authenticity, it is great. We had dancers in Morocco too, but not a belly dancer. The Marrakesh atmosphere also rings true.

Give it a try.

I have to ask -- Why would you think anyone would give other than an honest review? .:confused3

We love Restaurant Marakesh. We have been multiple times and everything has been great. It is a beautiful restaurant, with warm friendly servers, excellent food and fun entertainment.
If the menu appeals to you, give it a go.

We will be trying this restaurant for the first time this upcoming trip. We are excited to give it a try. Glad to hear people have been happy with it.

We eat TS every night while at WDW & always make sure we have one new place on our list for us to try.

This past July, Marrakesh was it. The 8 of us thought it was "alright", but both DH & I agreed that we probably won't return. We have our favorite "Must-Dos" that we dine at every trip: Cape May, 'Ohana, Teppan Edo, Yachtsman & then others that we hit sporadically. Marrakesh was just did not make either list for us. Everything was "ok", but not worth returning for.

We dined here for the first time last year and were pleasantly surprised. I would go again. It was a nice experience

Havana said:
We dined here for the first time last year and were pleasantly surprised. I would go again. It was a nice experience

I agree. We've always had perfectly nice meals at Marrakesh.

And one time, I got to meet Gary Sinise there. He happened to be sitting at the table next to ours, and I wasn't sure it was him until some kid walked up and asked, "Are you that guy from Mission Space?" and he said, "Yep." Kinda cool.

Restaurant Marrakesh is the lowest rated TS retaurant in all of Epot on Allears. There are only two rated lower than Marrakesh and they are CS, Liberty Inn and Lotus Blossom.
There is only one way I would ever eat there again, and that is if I get to meet Gary Sinese!!;)
Below is the link to Allears so you can see for yourself:goodvibes

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showcat.php?cat=34

wdwloverz said:
Restaurant Marrakesh is the lowest rated TS retaurant in all of Epot on Allears.

I suggest anyone take these ratings with a giant grain of salt. Biergarten is ranked higher than Bistro de Paris, for example. Biergarten is a perfectly nice place, but puh-lease.

Restaurant choices always come down to a matter of personal preference. Yachtsman's Steakhouse is awesome, but it's not going to get high rankings from vegetarians or people on a budget. Flying Fish is terrific, but it's not going to get high marks from seafood non-lovers.

Also, lots of factors unrelated to the restaurant's food and service go into restaurant reviews. I recently read a post in which the person said they didn't like California Grill because the area where you can watch Magic Kingdom's fireworks was too crowded.

I take ANY extreme reveiw with a grain of salt, but over the years I have found the reviews and more specifically the overall ratings at Allears to be a pretty accurate gauge. Aren't all reviews and ratings a matter of someones personal taste? So, it makes sense to rely on a rating that is generated by more than one person..
That's why I recommend it to others, and they can see in one place, MANY reviews for the specific restaurant they are considering.
Overall more people have enjoyed Biergarten (94% of 188 reviewers) than have enjoyed Bistro de Paris (84% of 18 reviewers). Therefore Biergarten was very likely to earn a higher rating on the scale of 1 to 10, and ever so slightly it did. This does not mean it is skewed.
However, I would be much more inclined to rely on the Beirgarten rating, because it has had 10X more reviews than Bistro.

I very much liked it. The food was good although a bit toned down for middle eastern cuisine.

Service was excellent. The place itself was very nice. The decor was terrific.

I recommend it

DH and I ate there in October. The decor is very nice and the atmosphere is unique. There is entertainment at scheduled times, musicians and a belly dancer. The food was very good. Some items seem a little odd but they were very good. We would go again.

Must do for us. Love the food, love the atmosphere, and love the entertainment.
Hope you have a great time!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Tried it for the first time last year at dinner (2 adults) and we were pleasantly surprised; enough so that DH wants us to try for a walk-up lunch if we can get to the park early enough on our arrival day next year (not making an ADR for that meal because it's just begging fate to give us a whopping big flight delay).

Hi, we dined at Marrakesh last week for the first time and it ended up being one of my fav meals. I chose the Cous Cous M'Rouzia (sp?) which sounds weird on paper but it was gorgeous - I cleared my plate which was almost unheard of on our 18 night trip :thumbsup2 Our eldest DD went up to belly dance which she enjoyed. I tried the mint tea which was refreshing, our waiter was attentive and the atmosphere of the restaurant lovely. Would definitely visit again.

I chose the Cous Cous M'Rouzia (sp?) which sounds weird on paper but it was gorgeous - I cleared my plate which was almost unheard of on our 18 night trip :thumbsup2

Yes, that's what I had too! If we get to go to Restaurant Marrakesh on our next trip it will be at lunchtime and this particular Couscous is not on the lunch menu, but I am definitely going to ask (beg?) for it.

I agree. We've always had perfectly nice meals at Marrakesh.

And one time, I got to meet Gary Sinise there. He happened to be sitting at the table next to ours, and I wasn't sure it was him until some kid walked up and asked, "Are you that guy from Mission Space?" and he said, "Yep." Kinda cool.

That's kind of cool. :cool:

We have eaten at Marrakesh frequently. Our meals have been very good and they do have good bread. We never had to wait for a table, just a few minutes at the most. We like trying different items on the menu and have found that they are not what most people consider spicy. Some of the meals are prepared in natural juice, flavorings. They have offered hot sauce with our entree. The servers are very nice, food was served quickly. They allowed for substitutions. And we have always enjoyed the seats, very comfortable. The belly dancer and musical group just adds to the nice atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter