• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant.com-House of Blues Question

Christypl

Mouseketeer
Does the GC from Restaurant.com cover drinks (alcoholic and non) at HOB? I'm trying to decide if it will be worth getting with just my son and I eatting there.

I looked at my cert and no it does not cover alcohol. It will just be me and DH going and we got a cert. Beware that the cert is a $25 cert but you must consume $35 worth of food. So you will have to pay $10 for food plus the cost of the cert. I paid $2.00 for the cert therefore we will pay $12.00 plus tip to dine here. ** if you are not quit at $35 you could also get a dessert to go.

Also good to know is that they have happy hour and a late happy hour after 10pm where appetizers and drinks are 1/2 price.We've used the certificates at HOB twice but once we just opted for appetizers since after 10pm the entree menu is limited and 4 appetizers for the price of two filled us up more than enough.

We used the cert in Feb when we went. It covered food and non alcoholic drinks. Also they automatically add 18% gratuity to the bill. I spent about $19 for me and my two kids.

we used ours in late march. I had half a rack of ribs and a cup of soup. My husband had a salad and a chicken/pasta entree. after the certificate and with a tip, our bill was under 20 dollars. :goodvibes

dh and i went in dec of 09 and yes it covered our alcohol. maybe they changed policy

A lot of people have reported it covering drinks -- any kind
however on the cert. it says you must spend 35.00 on food only.. with that said it is not very hard as the prices are not cheap.

A lot of people have reported it covering drinks -- any kind
however on the cert. it says you must spend 35.00 on food only.. with that said it is not very hard as the prices are not cheap.

I guess it depends upon what your certificate says. The one I purchased several months ago does not specify food only.

I guess it depends upon what your certificate says. The one I purchased several months ago does not specify food only.

I purchased one in September of last year and one about three weeks ago and both say food only. This is the normal wording on all Restaurant.com coupons as the drink is where they make up for the big discount.
However from what I read no one has been given a problem at HOB but other places that is not the case....
If you have/had something else it may have been a mistake or a printer error.

These are not gift certificates they are coupons with stipulations of use.

I purchased one in September of last year and one about three weeks ago and both say food only. This is the normal wording on all Restaurant.com coupons as the drink is where they make up for the big discount.
However from what I read no one has been given a problem at HOB but other places that is not the case....
If you have/had something else it may have been a mistake or a printer error.

These are not gift certificates they are coupons with stipulations of use.

That may be the "normal wording", but not only does mine not say that, I read the HOB description very carefully before I purchased it. I just pulled the certificate out, it was purchased 2/11, under Special Instructions it says: Minimum purchase of $35, 18% gratuity added prior to discount, cannot be used for Gospel Brunch, on Holidays or Special Events. Nowhere on this certificate, or on the website the day I purchased it, does it state "food only". Before I purchased it I called HOB in DTD to make sure it could be used for alcohol b/c DH & I plan to use it for beer & apps, they told me unless it specifically states under Special Instructions "food only" we can use it any way we please, alcohol included. If you look at restaurant.com right now & go to purchase $25 or $50 for HOB nowhere does it state "food only", however if you go to purchase one for Giordanos it does state "food only" & Habibi states "dinner only".

I never said it was a GC however the website says it is a GC, there is no printer error (can't imagine what you meant by that). I know what I purchased, I can read & I verified my info prior to purchase.

So long story short for the people thinking of purchasing from restaurant.com - READ the website very carefully to know what you are getting. Make sure you read all the Special Instructions for the restaurant you are choosing so you will not be disappointed. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter