restaurant.com bargains for swan & dolphin resorts

I would add that if you are thinking about buying one of these certificates, don't wait too long. They only sell a certain amount of certificates for each restaurant per month. So if everyone jumps on this, you might miss out. Until next month, of course!

For $3.00 it's worth a try getting $22.00 off on any character meal is a deal!

Hmmm, this is interesting, but I'd like to hear from someone who has done this successfully? Sounds too good to be true!

I use these certificates all the time around home. They are most certainly legit and a great deal. Last weekend we bought one to use on vacation and when we got there the restaurant had gone out of business. I call restaurant.com and they issued me a credit back, which I just used to buy a Garden Grove one to use during our next stay at the Dolphin.

Thanks so much, OP! We have never eaten at the Swan/Dolphin. Does anyone know if they are as "allergy-friendly" as other WDW dining?

Thanks!

Thanks so much, OP! We have never eaten at the Swan/Dolphin. Does anyone know if they are as "allergy-friendly" as other WDW dining?

Thanks!

I haven't eaten there because they're not owned by Disney. Anything not owned by Disney is not going to have the same standards regarding allergies. Most likely it'll be like eating at any restaurant anywhere. I'd call the restaurants directly to get more info on how they handle allergies.

I haven't eaten there because they're not owned by Disney. Anything not owned by Disney is not going to have the same standards regarding allergies. Most likely it'll be like eating at any restaurant anywhere. I'd call the restaurants directly to get more info on how they handle allergies.

Thank you. I went ahead and bought one for the Garden Grove. It would be a good breakfast option on our next trip to the BWV. If I don't feel comfortable about the allergy issue, I'll just lose the $3.

Okay, I just bought a cert for Garden Grove too! Thanks for your assurances, everyone! We're at the Dolphin from the 8th to the 15th of July (can't wait!!!) I wasn't able to get an ADR for breakfast though, got one for a Wednesday evening.

Certificates are now 80% off, use the code: SAVE - get them quick!!!

Question - I thought I read somewhere, on this thread or another one on the BB, that someone called and spoke with someone at Garden Grove about using the certificate for breakfast, but it clearly states DINNER ONLY. I am bummed! Was going to use it for breakfast...

I was just coming here to add what you did, Z, now 80% with SAVE code.

I did use a House of Blues back in Dec.

As said above by PP, I too have used these frequently here in home area, Chicago. They work great. 18% is always added automatically for tip, on pre-discounted amount, (as it should be), though you could tip more, or contest if you felt service was lacking.

I stay at the Swan/Dolphin most trips and have eaten at many of the restaurants. All are at, unlike the stated guess above, or above Disney standards, in every respect, including catering to allergies, gluten, kosher, specific needs, etc. As always, best to give notice to the restaurants, if possible. Here are all the venues..

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/

The Recipe Club will get you room discounts...

http://www.swandolphin.com/signup/

Keep in mind that the signature restaurants take TiW card (though, like any other venue) not in combination with other offers. And the non signature take AAA for a 20% discount. TiW automatically adds 18% tip, AAA does not.

I stay at the Swan/Dolphin most trips and have eaten at many of the restaurants. All are at, unlike the stated guess above, or above Disney standards, in every respect, including catering to allergies, gluten, kosher, specific needs, etc. As always, best to give notice to the restaurants, if possible. Here are all the venues..

Do you have personal experience with food allergies? I haven't read many reports of experiences because most people I know avoid non-Disney owned restaurants. The few reports I have read are pretty similar in that they're careful about food allergies but that they just don't have the options that the Disney owned restaurants have. So, while we may not get sick, we'd be limitted to plain steak or bunless burger with plain baked potato for dinner while at Disney owned restaurants we'd have tons of options, or for breakfast I'm not even sure what would be available (maybe bacon depending on the brand) besides a few types of fruit while at Disney owned restaurants my kids could have Mickey waffles with a variety of meats and fruits and probably even some kind of breakfast pizza depending on the restaurant. It's not so much that they don't take care, it's more that the non-Disney owned restaurants just don't carry the same allergy safe foods or have the same kind of setup such as dedicated allergy equipment to have the same options.

I'd love to hear your experience because I'd love to know if I've got more options for my family.

Thanks! I got one for House of Blues because DH has always wanted to eat there and I know the kids will like it too.

Also picked on up for Riverside Cafe in Vero Beach and one for a local restaurant I have wanted to try. All three for $7! Can't beat that.

They just went to 80% - code is SAVE

I just went to buy a 2nd certificate for Garden Grove, it now says "Minimum 2 entrees. 18% Gratuity added prior to discount. Valid for Dinner ONLY. One certificate per table."

The restriction is one certificate per person per month:confused:

If I order 4 for $100 do I get a $100 certificate or 4 $25 ones?

My guess is your maximum savings per visit is $25. It would be nice to save $23 at Shula's, but not enough to get me to spend the other $125. If I could do $100 for $8 then it is a no brainer.

The certificate for Shula's is for only $25 - and no matter how many you buy it will state 25 at the top of each, if it was for a higher amount then it would state $100 value (look at other restaurants, I know BB King has the diff. values for comparison). You can't combine these either. I agree it is pricey but if you are going anyway it is a great value!

Well, I had just booked at BlueZoo for our July trip so I'm going to try restaurant.com. Might as well save some $$.

Dan -- What is ebates? Sorry, I've heard of this but haven't used it yet.

Thanks for the tip about Swan/Dolphin. I just phoned a friend that is staying there and they're not on DDP. This is a great option for people to get a nice TS meal for a break on pricing. :thumbsup2

.....Dan -- What is ebates? Sorry, I've heard of this but haven't used it yet.
Here is a good rundown......

http://www.christianpf.com/save-money-shopping-online/

SO far, over the years, I have received $326, all free. Typically, I find what I want to buy, put it in my shopping cart, then open an Ebates window to see if they work with that vendor. If so, I find that vendor's link in Ebates and link to it from there. I go to my cart, in the window that Ebates opened and complete my purchase.

I have also received $227 from Bing, in just less than one year, but just received an email that Microsoft is ending its Bing rebate program in a few weeks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter