Restaurant before MVMCP?

stitch34

DIS Veteran
I have CP for 6:35. Is that just too late and am I missing the start of the party too much? It's all I could get. What would be the best time to eat before the party? Should I keep this, or keep looking for something else?

It's not the greatest time but it's not so bad either. You will probably be done by 7:45p so you'd miss almost an hour of the party.

I like to eat no later than 5:30p myself. That way I'm done by 6:00p - 6:30p just in time for the party.

It's going to be tough for you to find something at this late date though.

Getting done around 7:45p you won't miss the first parade but you'll just 45 minutes of party time that you could have been riding rides or seeing a show.

Good luck deciding.

When I first booked my MVMCP they only allowed me to book a 5:30 PM or later so I made it for 5:35 PM. However, I posted a similar question here and was told to try to schedule it earlier once my 180 day mark arrived. I switched it to 4:35 PM but that was back on June 9th. I would keep trying to get it earlier if you can.

I would try to get earlier if possible. We are having a late lunch instead of dinner - may be an option if the early dinner times are all taken. Not sure if that will work for your family though.

We are eating at Kona. You may want to try a MK resort restuarant.

I feel you pain. I have a CP reservation on Dec 16th at 6:50 and when I called to see if there was anything earlier all they had was 3:40...way too early!!

I'll just keep trying until we leave...maybe I'll get lucky.

I agree with the PP's and would call back and try to get an earlier time. However, if you can't, you should still be fine. You should only be about an hour or so into the party so you still have lots of time.
We have LTT booked for 4:15pm for our MVMCP day. I'm sure you'll have a great time! :)

Going on 11/10 and had CP for 5:45 and I felt the same way you do. Luckily I was able to switch to GF's 1900 Park Fair at 5pm which should work a bit better.
It's our 24th anniversary and it's not my first choice for anniversary dinner (with kids), but it's the first night they offer MVMCP and our last night of vacation!
Any ideas out there for something special to plan for our 24th anniversary trip to Disney - cakes or anything sweet is out as I'm not a dessert lover!! :wizard:

We have a 3:40 ADR at The Plaza before MVMCP. I'd prefer something a little later around 5:00 but instead we'll be having a late breakfast that day.

We have a 3:40 ADR at The Plaza before MVMCP. I'd prefer something a little later around 5:00 but instead we'll be having a late breakfast that day.

We're doing the same. What day are you going? We have 3:35 ressie at The Plaza on Dec. 7th.

Debbie

We have a late lunch [2:45] at Kona before we head over the park on the 7th. We'll just grab -n-go something when/if we want during the party.

Going on the 7th too! we got a 520 at WCC then we hop the boat for the party. would have liked 5 but i guess they start seating for dinner at 5 so they do not give out 5's hmmm..... oh well we are staying at the lodge so we are in the right place at the right time. All those on the 7th i hope we have a wonderful night!

We are having a late lunch at WCC, 2:00. Then hoping on the boat to MK. Hoping to get into the party @ 4!!! We didn't want to waste our party time eating. I guess that is because we are only going to be at MK for the party!!
I only have from 4 PM - 12 AM to enjoy the park. One day is better than none! :)

I would keep calling and seeing if there was anything else. Or, you could just walk up at an earlier time and ask if it is possible to get in earlier. We have done that in the past and we were seated at an earlier time. Probably an hour earlier!! It was last year before the party too!!

This year we got a reservation at 4:30 for 1900 PF. This will work out great for us, although I prefer to stay away from buffets but it is better that getting to the party after 7:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter