Restaurant Askershus

Elke

Mouseketeer
We wanted to go here for lunch and I was wondering if they only have the buffet for children. It doesn't seem like they have any child friendly food (ie, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, etc.). Is there any a la carte choices for children?

Thank you.

Elke

Hopefully they still have a separate children's menu too. This is what it was when we last visited: http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_nork.htm

One warning: the macaroni and cheese was not exactly the Kraft type when we tried it. It was good but definitely different and I know how my son tends to balk at anything unusual.

Their chidlren's chicken tenders weren't typical either (in 2000). They were coated in seasoning (no breading) and baked/broiled. DS liked them, but if you have a "nugget" eater, they won't be pleased

The kids' menu includes a grilled cheese sandwich served with goldfish crackers and grapes.

Since you referred to the buffet, you may not know Akershus has changed. There still is a buffet for cold items and soups, but you now order your entree from a menu of about a half dozen choices. In theory, you are still supposed to be able to eat all you want of everything. In practice, this would be hard and make for a very long lunch.

Thank you for your responses. I don't know if I should change my PS to Le Cellier instead. I have been to the World numerous times and always try at least one new place each time (our favorites are Cape May, Chef Mickey's & Boma). I haven't made up my mind yet, but your help will assist in my decision.

Thanks,
Elke

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter