Restaurant Akershus - dinner

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
Well, I went ahead and made a PS even though I promised DH that I wouldn't over-PS (so "PS" is now a verb!). I made the PS for 6pm.

Just wondering how long a dinner here will take? My family only gets antsy if the meal is slow. I know that part of this is a buffet, but then you have to order hot stuff, right? Would it be fair to say we could get through a dinner here in an hour, or an hour and a half? That would be doable.

Thanks for any insight! And, of course, how was the food?!?!?!?

My family and I ate there in 2000,, so unless it has changed since then, ,
It was all buffet, and VERY good. There was hot and cold food in the buffet, and we were in and out in an hour, or less. In time for Illuminations!

Unless it is incredibly busy I would think you should be able to do this in an hour. The new way they do the hot food does take longer than when you went up to get it on the buffet but it should not take an hour and a half.

Thanks guys! We'll be there in January, so I don't think it will be too crowded. Looks like we can do it in and hour!

Our family of 3 ate there a few weeks ago and were definitely done in an hour. I would suggest you order all of your hot foods at the beginning. They will bring them out a couple at a time. The salmon is great!

havent dined at Akershus since 1998.... time to give it another whirl this trip!

Laura :)

Yipppeeeee!!! 13 days til WDW!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Loved the Czarina's review! Had planned on DD gong for the cold salads (vegetarian) but nice to see there is a vegetarian item on the hot menu!

And the beer sounds great!

Just had dinner at Askerhaus. This used to be one of my favorite restaurants because of the buffet. The cold is still a buffet but you order the hot from a menu. It was still good but when it was all buffet I was able to sample different items that I may not want to order a full serving (make sense?).

The cold items ares still outstanding!

Cyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter