Restaurant Advice?

WeNeedKetchup

Mouseketeer
This is our 6th trip to Disney and I feel like we've eaten everywhere we want to eat at least once - but I don't want to make the same ADRs again. I have 3 kids from 9-14. We will not be using the dining plan and most of our meals will be lunches.

What are your thoughts on the following restaurants:

Biergarten
Yak & Yeti
Be Our Guest
Kouzzina
ESPN Club
California Grill

Thanks for your help!

When are you going as California Grill is currently closed with no definite opening date?

What about Narcosses, Kona Cafe and Via Napoli these are family favorites for us.

we were not massively impressived with BOG found it kind of Meh and there is a huge fuss over checking in and getting into the restaurant which is offputting

So most of these will be lunches and you are going in November?

I think you'll enjoy these places. I assume that you know that BOG lunch will be CS, not TS (dinner only). Cali Grill will be open by then, and I think your family will enjoy themselves there. Haven't been to ESPN, so can't comment on that one.

IMO I would replace ESPN Club with something different. The menu is mostly "bar food" that you can get anywhere off property. I would choose a more unique experience, but that's just me. Everything else looks good :)

IMO I would replace ESPN Club with something different. The menu is mostly "bar food" that you can get anywhere off property. I would choose a more unique experience, but that's just me. Everything else looks good :)

Totally agree! Love your choices of BOG and Biergarten though!

Biergarten is my exception to the "no buffet" rule and it's my favorite at WDW. I think the food is better in person than the menu makes it sound and the restaurant atmosphere is a lot of fun.

Yak and Yeti. Huge portions which will help with having kids in their teens. I don't use the DDP and don't pay attention to price but I've read on here that many people think this is a good value on the DDP but rather expensive if paying OOP.

Be Our Guest. I enjoyed this restaurant and thought it provided a nice change to the food offered at MK.

Kouzzina. I've dined at all but 5 restaurants on Disney property and this ranks in my bottom 3. I'm sure I will give it another chance at some point but I'm not in any hurry to try it again. I'm not including breakfast in this opinion as I thought the breakfast was ok.

ESPN Club. With 3 teenagers or soon to be teenagers I can see the appeal. This ranks as one of my kids' (3 sons) favorite places.

Ca Grill. It will be a new experience after it's reopening. Prior to its closure it ranked in the middle of the pack for signatures for me. I thought the sushi was outstanding every time I went there. I thought the appetizer and even the dessert menu offered good variety. The entrees have been disappointing every time so I now generally stick with the sushi.

Pakey said:
Biergarten is my exception to the "no buffet" rule and it's my favorite at WDW. I think the food is better in person than the menu makes it sound and the restaurant atmosphere is a lot of fun.

Yak and Yeti. Huge portions which will help with having kids in their teens. I don't use the DDP and don't pay attention to price but I've read on here that many people think this is a good value on the DDP but rather expensive if paying OOP.

Be Our Guest. I enjoyed this restaurant and thought it provided a nice change to the food offered at MK.

Kouzzina. I've dined at all but 5 restaurants on Disney property and this ranks in my bottom 3. I'm sure I will give it another chance at some point but I'm not in any hurry to try it again. I'm not including breakfast in this opinion as I thought the breakfast was ok.

ESPN Club. With 3 teenagers or soon to be teenagers I can see the appeal. This ranks as one of my kids' (3 sons) favorite places.

Ca Grill. It will be a new experience after it's reopening. Prior to its closure it ranked in the middle of the pack for signatures for me. I thought the sushi was outstanding every time I went there. I thought the appetizer and even the dessert menu offered good variety. The entrees have been disappointing every time so I now generally stick with the sushi.

I couldn't remember why I never chose Biergarten - but now that you mention it, I think it was because it was a buffet! Almost every meal we ate seemed to be a buffet on our first trip and from then on, I avoided buffets when possible. I think I'll make an exception for Biergarten this trip!

Be Our Guest - This will have to be a dinner. I've heard the mixed reviews for the food, but we're looking to go there for the newness of it. We've had lunch at Cinderella's Castle every trip - do you think eating here would be comparable - as far as the experience? The kids (2 boys & a girl) don't care about the princesses, they just like eating "in the castle".

ESPN Club - Definitely not going there for the food! My oldest son is a sports fanatic (and watches ESPN any chance he gets). We will also be staying at the Boardwalk Villas for 2 nights, so the location works out.

California Grill - I feel like I have to try California Grill at least once. I forgot that it was closed. We had a reservation there for dinner last year, but cancelled it. I guess maybe I'll try to make a reservation here and then see what the reviews are after it reopens (which I am assuming will be before November?)

Last trip, we almost ate at Kouzzina - we were looking for a meal on the Boardwalk and I thought the menu looked interesting - my tired, cranky kids didn't. I'll probably drop this one.

Yak & Yeti - The jury is still out on this one. Does anyone have a place at Animal Kingdom that they would prefer to eat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter