Restaraunt.com not really a bargain on some

Mickey527

DIS Veteran
I am planning a few trips for the summer and just checked out Restaraunt.com.
I have gotten coupons in the past and saved lots of money but it doesn't seem to be that way anymore for some of the choices.
I like Cricketeer Arms at the Mercado and have eaten there twice in the past. Now their coupon is $20 for a $25 off $50. That doesn't seem to be much of a savings.
And BB Kings is $17.50 for $25 off $35.
What is your favorite restaraunt and the best bargains?
I won't be buying the ones from the Swan and Dolphin, the menus are a bit expensive for myself, my son and 5 year old grandson. I have gotten TGIF near Universal in the past but they don't offer them anymore. I think we might try House of Blues together, they might enjoy that place.
I also am going again for the 4th of July with another adult and want some of the nicer restaraunts for that trip so please feel free to recommend the best Swan and Dolphin restaraunt for that trip.

Make sure you are waiting until they have the 80% off sales - if these restaurants last that long into the month!

I had looked at S & D also. If it were just my daughter & I, I would do it. But bringing along her b.f. - well, if we go somewhere fancy I will have to pay. Consequently it then becomes an expensive meal.

I have gotten coupons in the past and saved lots of money but it doesn't seem to be that way anymore for some of the choices.
I like Cricketeer Arms at the Mercado and have eaten there twice in the past. Now their coupon is $20 for a $25 off $50. That doesn't seem to be much of a savings.
I won't be buying the ones from the Swan and Dolphin, the menus are a bit expensive for myself, my son and 5 year old grandson. I have gotten TGIF near Universal in the past but they don't offer them anymore. I think we might try House of Blues together, they might enjoy that place.
I also am going again for the 4th of July with another adult and want some of the nicer restaraunts for that trip so please feel free to recommend the best Swan and Dolphin restaraunt for that trip.

Wait until you can use an 80% off code. Then the $20 certificate is only $4. That makes it a good deal.

DH & I used the restaurant.com certificates at the Swan restaurants (Kimonos and the Italian place). We also used them at House of Blues. We enjoyed them.

Isn't there one for the restaurant at the Dolphin? I think that place might be a little cheaper than the Swan restaurants.

Maggie

They told us if we used it, we'd have to pay cash and that we could only choose certain items from the menu.

NEVER AGAIN :((
:mad:

They told us if we used it, we'd have to pay cash and that we could only choose certain items from the menu.

That's unusual! I've never had that happen to me??? The only restrictions I have had is that alcohol doesn't count in the $$ total.

Maggie

Well, not quite the same - but code HEART right now will get you 70% off and a $10 gift from ProFlowers.

I also buy them at 80-90% off. We used coupons at Kimono's, Giordano's, Bento Cafe (up near Universal) and El Patron. The only one I wouldn't use again was El Patron since the bill was *still* nearly $100 for 3 of us and we only had 2 margaritas total. IMO, the food was not good enough for that kind of pricing.

I have ever paid full price for a coupon from rest.com. I buy when they are 80-90% off, that does make it worth it imo.

I would contact rest.com and let them know, those types of restrictions are supposed to be in the terms printed on the coupon itself. Also, we use anywhere from 1-5 rest.com coupons per MONTH (not at the same place) and I have NEVER had any problems, not even from places that don't participate any longer. I have 2 left from places that stopped participating months ago, but since I had already purchased these the restaurants are accepting them still. We order anything off the menu and we often use our debit card to pay, it's NEVER been a problem!!

besides buying at the 80% off sales. these usually run at the end of the month & many coupons are not available. you need to buy the gift certificates and then use those on the 1st day of the month to buy what you want. ) the restaurant I usually like sells out in 5 hours on day 1.
you also get a better deal that way as sometimes the certificates are you pay $15 for a 25 certificate. you buy the gift certificate on the 80% days & its a better bargain.

Whats the better deal the place we eat at we usually buy the coupon but it has the restrictions must buy $35.00 plus 18% tip added. We buy it at 80% off. Now i noticed we could buy the gift certificate for around the same price.
Do they have the same rules or do we really have $25.00 to spend with no limits Anyone know how this works.

Whats the better deal the place we eat at we usually buy the coupon but it has the restrictions must buy $35.00 plus 18% tip added. We buy it at 80% off. Now i noticed we could buy the gift certificate for around the same price.
Do they have the same rules or do we really have $25.00 to spend with no limits Anyone know how this works.
The limits are clearly stated on the coupon. Make you read it before you buy. For instance, some places do not include alcohol. FWIW, the tip doesn't bother me since I would normally tip that much anyway. If I had bad service I am sure that it could be reduced by the manager.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter