• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

rest places

kerstfan1

DIS Veteran
hi all

im probaly going to have surgery on my foot mid to late april (hopefully sooner)
im all ready getting the deluxe diningplan to get some more rest

but what is everyones favorit place to rest

hi all

im probaly going to have surgery on my foot mid to late april (hopefully sooner)
im all ready getting the deluxe diningplan to get some more rest

but what is everyones favorit place to rest

in MK, our favorite 'resting spot' is riding the TTA. We get on, ride a few consecutive times (the ride operator will usually let you stay on because there is rarely a line) and ride it around three or four times.

In Epcot, we like to rest in the American Adventure. Sit on a bench in the lobby and relax until the show starts, then sit and watch the show in the air conditioning. Ditto with Ellens Energy Adventure.

in MK, our favorite 'resting spot' is riding the TTA. We get on, ride a few consecutive times (the ride operator will usually let you stay on because there is rarely a line) and ride it around three or four times.

In Epcot, we like to rest in the American Adventure. Sit on a bench in the lobby and relax until the show starts, then sit and watch the show in the air conditioning. Ditto with Ellens Energy Adventure.

Yup.

Also in Epcot:
Spaceship Earth
Impressions de France (film in France) Guests are seated, unlike in Canada or China.
Boat ride across WS Lagoon (near Mexico or Canada, Morocco or Germany.) Not a long ride, but scenic & relaxing.

Lots of longer shows at DHS:
Beauty and the Beast (30 min.)
Indiana Jones Stunt Show (30 min.)
Lights, Motors, ACTION! Stunt Show (35 min.)
Great Movie Ride (20 min.)
Muppetvision 3D (17 min.)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (15 min.)

Lots of longer shows at DAK:
Festival of the Lion King (30 min.)
Flights of Wonder (25 min.)
Finding Nemo the Musical (40+ min.)
Kilimanjaro Safari (18 min.) Although this one's a bit BUMPY! ;)

Places just outside the parks (you may exit and reenter the same park at any time.)
From MK, I suggest taking a nice (free) boat-ride over to Ft. Wilderness and enjoy the quiet areas with grass or the sandy "beach" areas.
Anyone can visit any of the resorts and FtW is a great place to relax.

From DHS' front gate or Epcot's International Gateway between "UK" and "France," exit and take a nice (free) boat-ride over to the Yacht and Beach Club resorts. There are nice beaches there (on the lake, not the pool) with chairs.

At Animal Kingdom, its very quiet and there are lots of benches over in the "Rafiki's Planet Watch" area.
You ride a train from/to "Africa" to get there and back.

Lots of good suggestions so far. I would add that when in MK we sometimes rest by taking the monorail to the Poly, where we sit in hammocks or benches on/near the beach, or to GF, where we find the lobby to be a soothing place to sit and rest.

MK: TTA, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents
Epcot: Circle of Life, Ellen's Energy Adventure
DHS: Animation Academy, Any of the shows (if it's not too hot), Great Movie Ride
AK: Rafiki's Planet Watch, Finding Nemo the Musical, Festival of the Lion King

in no particular order:
hall of Presidents (MK)
Laugh Floor (MK)
Turtle talk with Crush (Seas, Epcot)
Benches in front of Aloha Isle, Particularly with a Dole Whip in my possession (MK)
Train (MK, goes around the park)
Backlot Tour (HS)
Muppet Show (HS)
watching kids play at the fountains outside Captain Eo and Figment (HS?) <- that's a favorite! I LOVE watching the kids chase the jets of water, especially when they get drenched!
on the Monorail - just take a loop
on the boats - check out other resorts!
Outside the Beauty and the Beast Theater (HS) or IN the theater if there's a show
Indiana Jones Stunt show (HS)
Outside in the China area - there are drummers that come out - it's a great litte rest time (Epcot, obviously)
Spaceship Earth - DD loved it - we did it like 4 times!
Ellen's Energy thing - it's pretty long - I saw a few kids napping, since those rows are long and it wasn't very busy, they were able to lay down, so maybe you'll be able to put your foot up?
Living with the Land - I love that ride... I just think it's cool. I'm a nerd, I know.
In the Japan Pavillion, there are those benches - you can stop in there for a respite. And I think there's a movie? (we never went to it)
Norway - there's a movie that you can enter from the gift shop. Otherwise, enter after the ride. You could sit in there for a long time, I'm sure.
Canada also has a movie, but I think you stand during it. Yeah, it's the 360° theater.
At HS there's aplace called Writer's stop or something. They have snacks and such, but there are chairs inside to sit and enjoy your treat. Just a couple of chairs are in there... maybe 6 in all?
At AK you can ride that little train to Rafiki's Planet Watch over and over.
There are TONS of places to rest your feet and sit a while and people watch all throughout the parks!

Sorry my list is all over the place... I was just putting stuff down as I thought of it.

My favorite park is AK, and I love to just sit and rest, so I'll give you a few there. Just past Pizzafari, on the right as you face Africa, is a pathway where there's a bench right at the entrance. Rarely is anyone there. Then over across from the Flights of Wonder show is a covered area where you can sit for a while. About 2/3 of the way up from the entrance in the Oasis, on the left as you enter, is a bench (although a few months ago, that bench wasn't there). And yes, I've ridden the train on several round trips to Rafiki's Planet Watch and back. I've also sat inside at Resturauntasouras in mid-afternoon with just a soda, to get in some air conditioning for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter