• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ressies for more than actually will show...?

carolinesmom04

Earning My Ears
If I have a reservation for more people than actually show up for the meal, do I get charged? For example, if I have one extra adult seat reserved but someone decides to not go, do I need to call and change that ressie or will it be ok if we just tell them when we get there?
Thanks!!!

If I have a reservation for more people than actually show up for the meal, do I get charged? For example, if I have one extra adult seat reserved but someone decides to not go, do I need to call and change that ressie or will it be ok if we just tell them when we get there?
Thanks!!!

If it's a place that required a credit card, CRT, Hoop de Doo, Ca Grill, etc, yes, you will be charged for the number of people on the reservation.

If you did not have to put a credit card hold (the majority of places), you will not be charged but you should still try to change them because if you show up with less people, your wait for a table might be a little longer as they will try to seat you at the table size for the number of people who are there vs the number on your ADR.

Thank you for clarifying this. My SIL has booked ADRs for her party plus 2 extra adults for all of her ressies and I'm pretty sure she would have empty seats at most of them. :confused3 So I wanted to know if they really had to be changed or not...I'm guessing it would be good to go ahead and free up those bigger tables when she's not expecting those two extra seats to be filled.

Unless you are going to be charged (ie Fantasmic pkg, CRT) I wouldn't change your ADR's now or you will probably lose them. Because of the limitations of the dining system, they cannot just change the number of people on the ressie. They have to release your held tables and find new ones. If you are really close to your trip, there may not be any availability. This happened to us in May, and we were told just to let them know when we checked in at the restaurant that we were 3 short. It stinks because it would be nice to have those tables available for others, but not at the price of you losing your ADR.

You could make some new friends if you see a party of two being turned away without a ressie..........

Very easy to ask your waitperson for separate checks if you don't mind eating with strangers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter