• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ressie problem...

tynkerbell

DCL take me away!!
I'm trying to book DH and I's parasailing excursion on the DCL website and it is only giving me the option to book DD12 for this excursion, everyone else's name is greyed out. Why is that? :confused3 Anyone else have a problem like this? Is it a glitch?

Hi
I just booked my excursions.

Some of the reasons for the gray could be

age OR

the time will not work if you are already booked for something else.

I ran into this also. I had booked one excursion and I'm not sure I really want it and I tried to book another one and it would only let me put the people who are NOT in the first excursion.

The parasailing is the only excursion I'm trying to book. It's really frustrating that it is only allowing me to book it for DD12. She isn't even old enough to parasail alone. Now most of the times are taken. :(

I had this problem with two of my excursions last week. (see excursion troubles and Aquaboat Tour) When I called DCL they told me that they were greyed out because there was not enough room in the excursion. I didn't believe that since it didn't matter which excursion I tried to book and called them 4 different times, each time getting different answers. Finally we put our foot down and had the cast member look at the actual excursion to see if it was full. Suprise suprise there was plenty of room and the cast member booked the excursions for us! We tried to tell them something is wrong with the website because apparently a couple ofther DIS'rs had the same problem. They claimed that it would be looked into it. I would definately call DCL and let them know that others are having the same problem and see if you get a nice castmember who will book it for you. They really are not 'allowed' to book excursions but are capable. I was very stressed about the whole ordeal but it did work out ok in the end. Good luck and hope you get it all worked out.

I had this exact problem and even called DCL to ask why they were only letting me book the youngest kids in each cabin for the stingray swim on Castaway Cay. They couldnt help me. :confused3

I kept going back to the site and was able suddenly to book the whole crew for one of the cabins and the next day when it only highlighted one kid again I clicked to book it and it suddenly booked for everyone in the cabin. So it is definately a glitch! Just keep trying!

I too called DCL due to a difficulty trying to book an excursion online. I received no help. Then I e-mailed DCL about my difficulty and they were extremley helpful. Just be sure to include your reservation # and # and ages of people in your party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter