Resorts.

monte

DIS Veteran
I know this is early, but since some of us are participating in the 2007 marathon, I was wondering if you've reserved your resort yet. I'm registering with TNT and I believe that they are staying at Caribbean Beach resort.

Which resort are you staying at? :scratchin

We are very DVC points-poor this year due to borrowing alot last year.

I am going to try to save big time (& eBay my behind off) so we can stay at the Poly or Contemporary, at least for marathon weekend. It is so much easier to be a spectator from the monorail line!

Last year we were at the Swan and loved the resort! It was just difficult driving around trying to watch for DH.

Hoping for OKW or SSR which we've done for both 2005 and 2006 weekends and worked nicely. Hope to see everyone there :)

It was so nice talking to others this year on the buses even after the races. Chatted with some nice couple on Thursday as they went to volunteer at the Expo and I think he was doing one of the races.

A very nice Goofy man talked with us and gave us some pointers, his wife was a sweetie and I wonder if not a possible help in getting Mom thinking about the 5K at DL :cheer2:

I don't know if it was because it was our 2nd attempt or the extra training making us more comfortable talking to others we viewed as more experienced but it was wonderful! I loved hearing about others and what they've done hearing their tips. It's an amazing weekend!!! I'm getting all teared up thinking about it! LOL

what's the current countdown? because it's waaaay to long!

See everyone there! We're a trio of ladies with the Pals and 1st choice will be OKW (the decor talks to us) or SSR because we also liked the decor.

We have to wait till Summer to book though due to DV points. :scared:

Countdown? 315 to half, 316 to full. :sunny:

I believe that TNT will pay for 4 days, but I'm going to book for at least 9 days. My niece has declined to go with me and hubby definately won't (he's not a Disney fan), so it's a solo trip for me. :cool1: I think I'll split my stay between Caribbean and Pop. :duck:

Ohh this is interesting. I thought POR was the place to be. Hmmmmm...... Now I don't know where to stay! :confused3

Judy

Honeibee said:
Ohh this is interesting. I thought POR was the place to be. Hmmmmm...... Now I don't know where to stay! :confused3

Judy

I recall someone saying they had walked from POR if that is what you are referring to, it might have been on the weekly thread. I think it was one of the guys plus a few others but I think the post I read was by a gentleman if my memory is still working ;)

I'm not doing it that morning but am using that idea for a 5K at then end of next month. Park near the finish rather than have DH drop us off like he did last year.

I like the idea for January but I'm afraid I'd be wondering an empty Universal Studios rather than find my way to my corral. ;) Think I'll hope the bus drivers have a map and get me there rather than trust my own navigation skills LOL

wtpclc said:
Countdown? 315 to half, 316 to full. :sunny:

Thanks Carrie! I needed that! I'm sitting here watching Hallowishes trying to get Disney into my veins so I'll drag my tushie onto the ellip-machine this evening ;)

315 to go!!! Woohooo!!! Looking at that Castle, I can't wait to do it again.

Stay warm! We need some warm sun for some comfortable training :sunny:

Quick question from a newbie...but do you all get together to run the races? Or meet before then go your own way or meet after or what? I'm thinking I'm NOT going to convince anyone to run with me (I either get the "are you NUTS?!?" look or the deer in headlights reaction :rotfl: ) so I think it would be great to run with some fellow WISHers. How does that all work? Okay, I know it's over 300 days away, but I am an over preparer! :crazy:

The WISH Team met for dinner at Trails End and I believe that TNT had a dinner too. Then on the night of the full marathon there was an award ceremony at Downtown Disney........

As far as walking/running together, I'm not sure. My niece and I walked together in 2006, but I'll be on my own in 2007.

A few of us found each other before the half, then I just kept an eye out for WISHers or the WISH shirt/scarf during the race. We all arranged to meet at the 'W' tent for post-race congrats! I assume the full participants did the same, but not sure.

There was also a Boardwalk bakery breakfast meet on Mon after the full!

Thanks Diane

Yes a male did post about staying at Port Orleans and walking to the start of the half and the full. I was that male, and I appreciate your confidence in me by calling me a gentleman. A few months ago a female colleague walked into the building and upon seeing 2 males she said, "good morning gentlemen." I asked which one of us that applied to and her response was, "actually neither of you." :teeth:

In 2005 my wife and I spent the night at POFQ and walked to the common start area for the half marathon. In 2006 we both spent Friday night at POFQ and walked to the start of the half (no crowds, leisurely walk, about 20-25 minutes tops) and I spent Saturday night at POFQ and walked to the start of the full (same leisurely walk, 5 minutes from the lobby to the corral).

I know several folks did stay at OKW or the 2 PO's but at the last minute chose to take the bus to the staging area. I understand why they chose this option, but I'm a strong believer in getting from the room to the start as quickly and easily as possible, to save my legs and mental energy for the race. I find POFQ does this for me.

I feel strongly enough about this that even though the family is booked for BWV for 5 days around the race, I have also booked Saturday night before the marathon at POFQ for me. This allows me to sleep until about 4:45, leave the room around 5:30, and still be in the corral at 5:45. Given all the effort I go through getting ready for the race, I think making the last few hours before the start as easy a possible is a good choice.

Take care all

Craig

Calcio said:
I feel strongly enough about this that even though the family is booked for BWV for 5 days around the race, I have also booked Saturday night before the marathon at POFQ for me. This allows me to sleep until about 4:45, leave the room around 5:30, and still be in the corral at 5:45. Given all the effort I go through getting ready for the race, I think making the last few hours before the start as easy a possible is a good choice.

Take care all

Craig

Maybe I should re-think this and book at POFQ too. :scratchin DH always gets up around 2:30am on race day, to get ready and be at the bus for 3:30am. If the walk from POFQ really is that easy, it would be worth it. He could sleep 2-3 more hours and have alot less hurry-up-and-wait time. Thanks for the tip!

I will be staying at POFQ - I just really love the resort, has nothing to do with being close to the start of the race.

We are thinking that it would be nice to stay at the Contemp or Poly with the thoughts of having the use of the monorail might would be great. We won't be using DVC points either since we have our points already going towards other WDW trips.

I am going to book POR soon since I'll be bringing the kids this time and need accommodations for 5 without breaking the bank :scratchin

Sara - I think Lynn walked over from POR! You'll have to ask her about it if you do the walk to the start thing. I chickened out b/c I was so disoriented to my location and i was afriad they would stop me. I should be a rebel like craig and lynn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter