Resorts w/ seperate sleep space for a small child

When our kids were little, we stayed at POP. We would prop the door open with the lock, pull the two room chairs out on the balcony and have a drink/chat while they fell asleep. No need for a balcony, and there is lots of room for people to get past.

Our daughter is like yours. we thought the balcony would work but she did not want us out there! we would shut off lights except in the bathroom area at BCV. then watch netflix oth headphones on an ipad. eventuallt she would fall asleep

RENT DVC points for a Value Studio Villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge - the price difference compared to a value resort is minimal, depending on your dates. Our 4-year-old daughter loved the pullout couch, and DH and I spent a lot of time on the balcony during afternoon naps and in the mornings/evenings while she slept. Also note: A small number of the value studios are on a savannah ... you can do a room request and cross your fingers for the amazing view without the extra cost! (It's not guaranteed, but still ... it worked for us!)

I see the lots of love for DVC points. Definitely something to look into.

At the moment we booked a value resort, and can try hanging out outside while she falls asleep (weather permitting?), or wearing her out at the parks. Having a small curtained-off area might work fine too. She's a sound enough sleeper, once she falls asleep -- and she enjoys napping on the floor.

That is not why they upgraded you. Every 2br at Saratoga is made up of a 1BR and studio with a door between them that locks them off. There are no dedicated 1or 2BR units. They upgraded you to be nice because the connecting studio was not booked. By definition, if they have a 2BR, they have a 1BR.

That's not accurate. SSR has both lock off 2 bedroom units made up of a 1 BR and a studio and they have two bedroom dedicated villas also. You might be thinking of Boardwalk Villas. All their 2 BR villas are lock offs. There are no dedicated 1 bedroom villas.

How small is she? They make smaller inflatable kid beds. I know that All Star Music and the Port Orleans have a curtain between the dressing area and the room. You could set up that bed on the floor in the "closet" area and pull the curtain closed. She'd be up against a wall and the sink, it would have the light from the hair dryer for a nightlight in there too. But if you need to go to the bathroom, you'll have to walk past her.

This is exactly what we did at Caribbean Beach (pirate room) last year with our 2-year-old. He was in a pack 'n' play, and it worked perfectly. My oldest is now 4 and we're returning to CBR this month - he asked if he could bring his little child-sized fold-out "couch" with us this year and sleep "in that closet" too. ;-)

Two things that might help: White noise and some kind of tent for the bed which should handle both noise and light.

Download an app for your phone that creates white noise and place it next to her bed. If you can't do it with your phone then use the radio in the room set to either end of the dial that just plays static. Honestly I can't sleep anywhere anymore unless I have white noise myself.

If you are driving and can haul some extra stuff, take a Disney princess pup tent and place it on the bed for her to sleep under - "a magical place to sleep at Disney". There are other things to use for this but the idea is the same - take something she can sleep under that blocks out the light.

If you are flying it gets more difficult to take anything extra. However you can create a canopy or lean-to this way:
  • Buy a small pack of 20lb picture hangers, which you can tack into the wall and remove leaving just a pinhole. While there, also pick up some alligator clips.
  • Borrow a bed rail from the hotel, the kind that keeps kids from falling off the bed. Ask for an extra sheet or large blanket.
  • Put the bed rail on the side of the bed opposite the wall. Tack a couple of picture hangers about head high into the wall, 3 or 4 feet apart.
  • Tie one end of the sheet onto the bed rail and the other end spread across the picture hangers, held to the hangers with alligator clips.
Overkill?... Yes
Worth it to get our kids sleeping?... Oh Yes

There are other ways to accomplish this as well, but once you create ambient noise and hide the light it should do the trick.

We got bunk bed rooms at WL and AKL and made DS a tent in the bottom bunk by draping blankets from the top. It still took him a whole to fall asleep, but at least he wasn't staring at us and asking every question that popped into his head. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter