Resorts Used By Pop Warner??

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
I have attempted to make reservations for our December WDW trip twice tonight and have yet to be successful! On my first attempt, I could barely understand the CM trying to help me, and then she quoted me a price that was supposed to include a discount pin, but the price was higher than the online price (without pins or discounts) and was also higher than I had been previously quoted about a week ago. So I hung up and called back!

On the second go around I got a very nice guy to help me and I was oh so close to booking when my cordless phone went dead! I did however get a few items to ponder on, so I want to make those decisions before I call back...

We are looking at December 7-12, which apprently could very well be Pop Warner week. I've never heard of PW, so I don't know what to expect, but does anyone know if they use one resort or are spread out amongst several resorts? We are looking at Pop Century or Coronado Springs. My pin only saves about $50 for Pop Century, and about $200 for Coronado Springs. We did a Moderate resort in July 2006 (POR) and really liked it, but we promised (well, I promised DH!) that this trip would be as low cost as possible. If only that nice second CM hadn't put the moderate idea in my head... However, I was thinking that if it was possible to avoid more of the PW crowd, I might be able to justify the extra money.

Also, what about trip insurance? Does anyone deny it? He said it's $66.95 a person. I don't think we took it last time but I honestly can't remember.

I believe the dates you are looking at are the PW week. They are usually at all the value resorts and may have some overflow at mods.

The last time we were there during PW was before Pop Century opened and CBR was full of the PW crowd. I would not stay at a resort with them again; just because it made CBR feel so crowded and hectic in the food court, gift shop, walking around.

We've never purchased the trip ins. so I can't comment on that.

I can see why Pop Warner might choose CBR-it's very closely located to the Wide World of Sports. We had alot of dance teams at CBR when we were there.

In the past Pop Warner has not used Pop Century or CSR. They have always been at the All-Stars with POR as a secondary choice as a for a moderate resort. We have gone at this time (last time in 2006) and have not had any trouble with PW groups although I probably would stay away from their resorts also. In 2006 we stayed at POP and saw no sign of the groups at the resort and very little of them in the parks. POP was a bit more crowded though with regular guest, though. CSR, being a convention resort would be an unlikely resort for PW groups to be staying at.

We never take the trip insurance. If you feel there is a possibility of a cancellation or losing the money would be a calamity then you should look into it but make sure of the details on what circumstances would the insurance cover and what it wouldn't. I guess I was just never a big insurance person but that's me.

This year's Pop Warner Dates are expected to be :

December 7th to 13th..

They usually stay at any/all of the values.

In the past they have also stayed at CBR and POR.

Plan accordingly.

Have fun at WDW!

In the past Pop Warner has not used Pop Century or CSR.

Sorry, but you are mistaken Pop Warner has stayed at Pop Century before.

Here are some posts that have been posted on the DIS:

3PRINCESSMOM said:
They certainly didn't take over the resort, but Pop definitely took some "spill over". So to say they won't at all effect Pop I think is false. We didn't use the Food Court in the AM, so that wasn't an issue. They were at the pool late night (being a little wild...I agree just kids being kids), after my kids were in bed, (I only saw them when I was doing laundry). Since their schedules keep them very busy at WWofS during the day, they were not a problem then. The only time they impacted my vacation was leaving the parks at night. If I can be truthful, the kids were fine; it was the chaperones...and I use that term very loosely. On 2 evenings, once at MK and once at Ep, we were waiting in line for the bus back. If there were a few of their group in line ahead they'd all cut and join them. One time the cheerleader basically said, "Mom, we can't stay up here. These people have been waiting." The mom ignored her. I am not talking about 2 or 3 people popping up to their family after a bathroom break. I am talking about groups of 10 or 12 just strolling ahead of 100 people in line. It was infuriating! Not only because it wasn't a fair thing to do, but because of the example it set for every single kid witnessing it. Mind you, I was with my DH and 3 princesses, plus 6 months pregnant at the time...

Sorry for the long story. However, I thought I should share my firsthand experience. Of course that was in 2004 and a lot could change. And I should say, I loved everything about Pop and probably would change when I go versus where I stay.

Good luck deciding.

tgiving cruisers said:
we were at the POP for the pop warner/cheerleading week in 2004. the place was over run. you heard cheers until well past midnight. the food court was impossible to use. they were practicing their pyramids in the pool until late in the evening. i would opt for another hotel.

From this thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=12120909#post12120909

F1Julie said:
I stayed at PC in December 2004. The Pop Warner kids were definitely there. I specifically chose PC since I had read in multiple places that PC was not equipped for large groups and that the Pop Warner kids would be at the All Stars only. That turned out to be untrue. For one night, it shouldn't be a problem, but if you want to avoid the Pop Warner kids, stay at CSR or a deluxe. Pop Warner has yet to announce what resorts are available this year, but in years past they have been at CBR, POR, and POFQ as well as the value resorts.

Here is a good thread Are the values as bad as they say?

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1102308&page=3&pp=15&highlight=cheerleaders

Here is another good thread:

are value resorts THE most UNROMANTIC you can get??

Take a look :

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1134039&highlight=cheerleaders

Well, PW has not used POP in 2006 and I have not heard of their use in 2007.

PW def. was in Pop Century, the All Stars, CBR, and both POR - I haven't seen them at CS, but that doesn't mean they haven't gone there

I was at Pop in 04 and don't recall them being there. The boys aren't usually the problem, it's the girls who aren't evidentally kept busy enough.

we were there in Dec. 06 and stayed at AKL. No problem there. The parks were fine they PW are busy during the days so they don't really have an effect on the parks to much. MK gets a little crowded but don't worry it will be a great time to go. I believe they used mainly all stars, CBR and POR as overflow. If you can stay at AKL or WL and get a discount code it may not cost that much more than the moderates. I really was freaking out in 06 once I heard about PW but it was still a good time to go. Not really crowded at the parks because of PW. The crowds seem to be more from overseas.

I think that the POP Warner group only stayed at the POP Century as their "offical" resort the one year. I think that one year a large group was at the CBR, but I believe that was because the POFQ was closed.
Since then the resorts offered to the POP Warner group have consitently been the Allstar Sports, Music, the POR and the POFQ. These resorts are the resort listed on the sign up paper work for the Superbowl.
That is not to say that a group can not stay at another resort if they so chose, I would suspect that they would not get as good of a discount, but like so many other Disney travellers they may other discounts that they use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter