Resorts - "USA Today" Resort Hotel Delivery - Beginning 1/30/2012

buzzCMlightyear

PERNER OWNER
Starting Jan. 30, delivery of complimentary newspapers to the doors of Guest rooms will be stopped* at the following resort hotels:
Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
Walt Disney World Resort: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

* Exception: Signature Suites and rooms with VIP Guests will still have newspapers delivered directly to the room doors by the delivery vendor.
If desired, Guests will be able to pick up a complimentary newspaper before 1 p.m. near the elevators or other designated areas Monday-Friday.

FAQs (to be shared with Guests on a reactive basis)
1. Why did you stop delivery of complimentary newspapers to the door of my Guest room?
Our Company decided to discontinue Guest room newspaper delivery due to our commitment to the environment and in response to Guest demand.
2. Are the newspapers still complimentary?
Yes.
3. Where can I receive a complimentary newspaper?
You may pick up complimentary newspapers before 1 p.m. near the elevators or other designated areas within your resort hotel Monday-Friday.
4. Is complimentary Wi-Fi available for me to access news online?
Yes, complimentary Wi-Fi access is available in Guest rooms and public spaces for the Disney domestic resort hotels that offer complimentary newspapers.

I'm all for this. It's too easy to get news without having to chop down trees or get ink all over your fingertips.

I do not think that I have ever looked at the paper during a stay. Good move from my point of view. It's there if you need it, but not wasted if you don't: win/win.

I have always enjoyed reading the local newspaper in the morning. Of course I'm an early riser, and tend to read the paper in one of the resort hot tubs:goodvibes

excellent!
Do you know if I can get a bus from the All Star Sports to the Grand Floridian so I can get a free paper?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Who cares?

Now that they've added channels to the cable system - i can get my news the way real americans get it -

I can have bill o'reilly and sean hannity completely make it up after they take stupid pills and scream it at me on my flat panel LCD...

...in stunning 1080p HD.

I don't really care but I love how they play "Due to Guest Demand".

Guest: "How dare you interrupt my vacation with news of the outside world. Begone demon newspaper!"

CM: "Uh, we'll bring that under advisement sir."

Yeah that "Guest demand" thing seems like a pretty fluid concept in Disney PR pieces. Funny "guests demand" things I'd never even considered in my 50 odd trips to WDW.;)

Who cares?

Now that they've added channels to the cable system - i can get my news the way real americans get it -

I can have bill o'reilly and sean hannity completely make it up after they take stupid pills and scream it at me on my flat panel LCD...

...in stunning 1080p HD.

:lmao:

Everytime I'm in the grocery line and I see someone with one of those green environmental bags, I double, and sometimes triple up on the plastic bags.
I guess I'll be buying multiple newspapers now as well.
I'll go buy some as soon as I take the catalytic converter off my Hummer.

MG

Who cares?

...in stunning 1080p HD.
Apparantly you need a smart pill to figure out how to change the channel.

MG

I don't really care but I love how they play "Due to Guest Demand".

Guest: "How dare you interrupt my vacation with news of the outside world. Begone demon newspaper!"

CM: "Uh, we'll bring that under advisement sir."

I usually request to not get a paper when staying in a hotel. When i am on vacation i don't want to know about the rest of the world. I also don't want to even look at a clock and my watch gets left in my suitcase.

If my Fastpass says between 4 -5. If it feels like it is between 4-5 that is when i go.

I usually request to not get a paper when staying in a hotel. When i am on vacation i don't want to know about the rest of the world. I also don't want to even look at a clock and my watch gets left in my suitcase.

If my Fastpass says between 4 -5. If it feels like it is between 4-5 that is when i go.

So, then YOUR the reason they stopped them! :lmao:

That's funny about the clock. I feel like at Disney I have to be more on the clock since so many shows and performances are on schedules. Do you just skip the shows, or only attend them if you stumble upon them?

I would like them to make a change "due to guest demand" that is actually due to guest demand at some point in the future...

like "due to guest demand - we will be rounding out the mothballed parts of Studios, expanding the footprint of animal kingdom to what was originally announced, and adding one of the countries that we posted in EPCOT in 1983 on signs as being "coming soon"...without charging you another 10 bucks for your steak or cheapening the merchandise anymore...which we're not even sure is physically possible.
...oh yeah, and we'll do it in under 9 years"

:rolleyes1 on that one

At the Wilderness Lodge last week, you could find the paper in the hotel's common areas: by the elevators, the sitting areas on each floor, at the entrance to Whispering Canyon, near Guest Services. I only noticed it when someone in our group wanted to read about the Superbowl.

So, then YOUR the reason they stopped them! :lmao:

That's funny about the clock. I feel like at Disney I have to be more on the clock since so many shows and performances are on schedules. Do you just skip the shows, or only attend them if you stumble upon them?

It depends, a lot of the shows have waiting lines outside, so if i see people lining up for the show, i ask them how long until the show starts and then decide if i want to wait inline.

I have gone enough to WDW that there is very few must watch/ ride items, so i like to relax and enjoy being off the clock.

Who cares?

...in stunning 1080p HD.

Or you can watch the commies at MSNBC that get their marching orders from the White House. Rachel's brown nose looks great in HD.

This is a good move! I think the main reason they are doing this is to keep cost down. It's ironic because last time we were there I said "I wish they would stop delivering a paper everyday because all we do is throw it away"! I read the news enough as it is while not on vacation, I sure don't care to know while I am on vacation! Out of the 8 days we were there, my husband looked through the paper once, I didn't look at it. I always just check it on my cell phone if I'm really curious but 95% of the time I decided it was not worth 1 minute of my vacation time!!

:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter