Resorts Tour?

PattiPooh

Earning My Ears
My in-laws would like to do a resorts tour to see all of the Christmas decorations.

1) Are there any that we can skip?

2) What is the route you would take or how would you get from place to place? We have no car.

I printed out a WDW map and listed out the ones I think we should see, but would rather get the info from the pros... oh, and how long should that take? We have two half days set aside for it.

thanks!

http://allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm#yul

Have you considered taking the guided tour?

If I were doing it on my own, I would start with the Wilderness Lodge, then a boat to start the Monorail Resorts at the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian.

From the GF, I would take the monorail to the MK station, get off and go over to the MK bus stop, where I'd take a bus to the Epcot Resorts. Boardwalk Inn, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan and Dolphin. You can easily walk between these 5 resorts to see the decorations.

From any one of those resorts, I'd catch an Animal Kingdom bus, then change to an Animal Kingdom Lodge bus. Then I'd enjoy dinner at Jiko or Boma and take a cab back to my hotel.

Enjoy! :)

We spend a day doing it on our Dec trips,it is so great to see all the resorts decked out for holidays.We just jump on first bus going to a park or TTC when we arrive we get on first resort bus we see ready to leave.We then go to that resort and check it out then jump on first bus back to any park or TTC when we arrive we jump on first bus ready to go back to a resort that we have not seen.We just keep repeating this action til we all the resorts we are interested in seeing. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

We would take a tour but finances are not optimal. This trip is cheap for us at $1400 (with air, ticket, hotel and DDP for 2 adults and one under 2 for 6 nights) so that is why we are going. In-laws haven't offered to pay for anything, so we aren't doing anything special at all except the Party and we have to pay them back for that.

Other than the resort I'm staying in, I limit my resort hopping to the three monorail resorts. Seeing the decorations in the four parks, the Osborne Family lights at the Studios, IllumiNations, and attending MVMCP twice, along with the four resorts mentioned, provides plenty of Christmas spirit for me. And any additional moving around in WDW would just take up too much time that could be used to better advantage in the parks methinks.

In any case .... I hope you have a great time. :santa:

Karnak

I think I agree with you Karnak! :) I just see an explostion of Christmas decorations haunting me in my dreams for weeks to come... but MIL wants to see them all. Then again, they will be there 5 days more then us! :)

If you skip the Epcot resorts you will miss the horse carousel made from ginger bread that actually moves that is at the Beach Club. It's one of my fav xmas decorations and I would not skip the Epcot resorts because of it.

So I would do the monorail resorts and the Epcot resorts. I would skip the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter