Resorts on Halloween

KandD

<font color=darkorchid>BUT YOU NEVER SAID THEY HAD
Do any of the resorts (besides Fort Wilderness) have activities on Halloween? We are booking a last minute trip and would like to have some Halloween atmosphere (we aren't doing MNSSHP this year). And if the resorts don't have anything going on, do any of the parks?

Do any of the resorts (besides Fort Wilderness) have activities on Halloween? We are booking a last minute trip and would like to have some Halloween atmosphere (we aren't doing MNSSHP this year). And if the resorts don't have anything going on, do any of the parks?

My best advice for Halloween atmosphere on Halloween day would be to go to MK before it closes for the party. You'll be able to see the most decorations there, as well as tons of people coming into the park in their costumes. I think seeing all the costumes is one of the highlights of the day! :thumbsup2 Most people who are attending MNSSHP get there before 7:00 PM, so you'll have some of the benefits of the party between the hours of 5:00-7:00 PM. They'll begin turning on the special lights and things as you're exiting. Maybe schedule a nice dinner near MK around 7:30, wear your costumes to add some extra fun! :goodvibes They use to have trick-or-treating at DTD but that's been a few years ago and I'm not sure they do anything special there anymore. Have a great trip!!! :)

We arrived on Halloween in 2011 and stayed at the WL. We sat in the lobby and enjoyed all the families and folks in costume heading over to MK for the party. Then we went to the Territory Lounge for cocktails and "apps". What a great Halloween night at Disney! :thumbsup2

We are also going to be there for Halloween and not doing MSSNHP. It looks like POR (where we are staying) has a special flier for Halloween activities on the October Weekly Activities pdf. However, I have not been able to see said flier yet so I don't know what they are doing. I do have a friend that was at Contemporary for Halloween 2010 and she said they had a DJ at the pool for the kids. Hoping they have something awesome! :cool1:

We are also going to be there for Halloween and not doing MSSNHP. It looks like POR (where we are staying) has a special flier for Halloween activities on the October Weekly Activities pdf. However, I have not been able to see said flier yet so I don't know what they are doing. I do have a friend that was at Contemporary for Halloween 2010 and she said they had a DJ at the pool for the kids. Hoping they have something awesome! :cool1:

Here you go! Found this on a google search :thumbsup2
http://www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php

Some of the resorts DO stuff..None of the other parks do except they used to do some trick or treating at Camp Minnie-Mickey at AK on Halloween Day only.DTD no longer does trick or treating and FW no longer does the Haunted Carriage rides as of this year.

That is a bummer. I wonder why they downgraded so much?

DTD -Because it got completely out of hand and they had alot of issues with the sized crowds they got.
The Haunted Carriage-not sure why , they just stopped it this year
None of the other parks ever did anything anyway

KandD said:

I just called our resort for our upcoming trip - AoA -and they did confirm that they will have Hallowe'en activities but she couldn't specify what exactly.
They didn't have all the details yet.

Chantal

Thank you everyone for the great info! It turns out that the flight doesn't get in that day until 5:00 so we won't have much Halloween time anyway but all of this information is great to know. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter