Resorts close to MGM

Rneighh

<font color=CC33CC>This is a horse of a different
What resorts are a quick bus ride from MGM. I am looking for someplace to make a lunch PS on our MGM day and nothing in park thrills me.

Renee

You might try the Boardwalk. It is very close to MGM. In fact, you could walk (about 15 minutes). You say you are going to be at MGM. Have you ever eaten at 50's Prime Time Cafe? The food is very good and it is such a blast. We took my sister and her family one year and it was the best place we ate the whole time.

I am considering Prime Time. I will look at Boardwalk. MGM seems to have such limited choices. We are doing Hollywood and VIne Fantasmic Dinner Package already. So I as thinking a little lighter lunch. What are some good counterservices at MGM?

Renee

I would suggest Prime Time 50's also. But if you want a resort, you could try Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club or Tubbi's at the Dolphin. B&C has a limited menu--burgers, milkshakes, etc. and Tubbi's is cafeteria style so you can eat as much or as little as you want. Neither of these two require a PS but Prime Time does require one. Guess it depends on what you feel like having and how much time you have.

There is the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. We ate there for lunch and there was no wait.

Well, honestly I can't give you any really GOOD recommendations on food in the resorts at lunchtime--- the MGM restaurants far exceed any of them!

We have eaten in all of the full service restaurants in MGM except for Sci Fi, and haven't ever been disappointed. Our favorite is 50's Prime Time for full service, and Hollywood and Vine for character buffet.

Another alternative, is to take the boat to Epcot, and eat in one of the restaurants in WS. We have enjoyed Le Cellier, Tempura Kiku, and San Angel Inn. There is a lot of variety in WS, so if you REALLY can't find anything to please you in MGM, that would be my suggestion!

And the Swan/Dolphin too! Sci-Fi dine in is our favorite FUN restaurant in the MGM Park. All the others are great too. The ABC commissary offers GREAT fast fare/counter service. The Fajita wrap and the yakitori-style chicken on a stick w/rice is delicious. They also serve burgers and dogs, fries, etc. Enjoy!!;)

I thought ABC Commisary sounded that it had some different lunch offerings. They really should give it a new name it sounds so "institutional" to me. Since we are doing H&V Fantasmic package ABC may be a good option.

Thanks Renee

They should change the name...or offer some "highlights" of the very "unconventional" fare offered in this hidden Mickey Treasure. All the food is great, including the DOVE bars for dessert! ;)

Originally posted by Lorac1127
Neither of these two require a PS but Prime Time does require one.
We just ate at the Prime Time last Wednesday and did not need a PS, we just walked right in.

It was great, I would recommend it. :) The atmosphere was excellent and the food was pretty good (especially the s'mores for dessert...mmmmmmm!)

Alternatively, we have eaten at the ESPN Club and Big River Grille and Brewing Works, and both were good. Last year we stayed at BWI and walked back and forth to MGM frequently...the walk and the boat take probably about the same amount of time.

Originally posted by Rneighh
What resorts are a quick bus ride from MGM. I am looking for someplace to make a lunch PS on our MGM day and nothing in park thrills me.

Renee
A quick *boat* ride away are the Epcot resorts - YC, BC, BWI, Dolphin and Swan. There are many lunch choices in the area -- Beaches & Cream; ESPN; etc etc

I think we will skip the PS and go to either Prime Time or ABC Comminary.

Thanks everyone

We went to 50't Prime Time and Sci-Fi last year and we loved the Sci-Fi. You could split a burger or get chili if you don't want a "full" meal. We also enjoyed Toy Story Pizz Planet although I've heard some negative comments about it here. We love Toy Story and my kids thought it was fun as well as decent pizza. That would be a lot less $$ than either Sci Fi or 50's PT also...just my 2 cents..

I love Prime Time but it ends up costing us a lot.

I really like the ABC Commissary. It is a little darker - cool and easy to relax. I think it has gained in popularity thou as 2 years ago it was nearly empty and this time it was wall to wall people!

If you are doing the H & V supper you probably have an earlier priority seating so I would make lunch a definite lighter meal such as ABC. Or head to Boardwalk to ESPN and just have an appetizer order of Nachos' - EXCELLENT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter