Resort Wheelchair Rental/Use

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
My honey's family will be joining us the first night that we are at WDW this December. I believe that we are going to meet at CSR and then head over to MK for MVMCP. Now, I understand that you can rent/use a wheelchair at the resorts? :confused3 We will need one for Gabby's mom for the night. I would wait to try to get one at MK, but being that we hope to get there around 4pm to enjoy MVMCP to the max, it would be easier to get a wheelchair for her at the resort and then return it that same night at our resort. Is this something that can be done? TIA. Maggie

PS. Mod if you feel this belongs on another board, please feel free to move it. Thanks.

We spent the week in "The World" & stayed on site in April. My parents went with us & we got Mom a scooter from Walker Medical. It was soooo easy :cool1: :cool1: I called them, they delivered to the resort & then picked it up the day we left. They dropped it off in the baggage area & picked it up there. We stored it in the room at night & was able to charge it in there. The further into the week we got, we kinda ran out of room in the room & they let us store it in the baggage area :banana: I'll definately rent from them again. It was only (I think) like $30 a day :cool1: Check em out at www.walkermedical.com :cool1: :banana:

Resort wheel chairs are on a first come first served basis, and can not be reserved. You could get lucky and one would be waiting there for you to use, or they would all be lent out and you'd have to rent from the parks.

Check over on the disAbilities section, and one of the sticky posts at the top they have a listing in one of the other wheel chair rental, and scooter rental companies.

I've used walker for both the wheel chair and scooter rental and always had good luck with their product.

Since you sound like you only need it for one night you could probably just see if you can get one from the resort, if not just rent a push wheel chair from the park. A scooter really gives the user more mobility and a sense of freedom, rather than have to be pushed. Just be a little aware of what your sitting the person looking at when you park. Sitting facing a trash can or someone's butt is not a fun thing.

Connie

Second the recommendation for Walker Medical. They will deliver to your resort. . . very convenient.

DF uses one, and when we checked in at PORS over Memorial Day Weekend, we asked to borrow one from the resort. The Cast Member told me we got the last one available, but she said, if nothing had been available, she would have held the next one that was returned for us.

When we went in early December, we rented ECV's from each park. Borrowing a chair from the Resort was free, and therefore cheaper. When you rent from the parks, availability can be an issue.

We're going for over a week in October, and I will try to talk him into renting from a service. That way, we'll know the ups and downs of each possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter