• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Vacation?

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
Hello!

This year we stayed on-site for the first (and second) time, and LOVED it. My Mom and I even enjoyed touring all the resorts more than some of the parks! We have spent many years in the parks, and are enjoying this "new" aspect of Disney. Does anyone else feel this way about touring the World other than the parks?

If so, what are your favourite things to do?

We love visiting Beaches & Cream! :rotfl:

Did you tour ALL or just the deluxes? I have to admit I'm curious about a lot of the resorts that have been around for a while. How did you get around and did you schedule a meal at each one? Do a few in a single day or one a day? Would like to try this...

Hi hi! :wave2:

We only did the deluxes, but I would love to branch out next time and check out a lot of the moderates. Especially POR and POFQ. We mainly stuck to the deluxes because we did make dinner reservations at each one, and due to time limits, since we were still spending time in the parks.

We did it both times on just WDW transportation. We scheduled about two meals a day, one for breakfast and one for dinner. We usually had lunch in the parks.

We were staying at the AKL, and for example, I remember having breakfasts at Kona (Poly), Cape May (BC), 1900 PF (GF), and Boma (AKL). We had dinners at Cali Grill (CR), Jiko (AKL), Boma (AKL), and one other I can't seem to remember! We had lunch at WCC (WL) and two at Beaches N' Cream (BC).

This helped us spread our exploring out over the days, and we took the time to explore the resorts a little bit and visit each gift shop.

We enjoyed it so much that I think we'll take even more time to explore each resort!

Have fun! :thumbsup2

I agree 100%. I LOVE checking out the resorts...soaking up the lobbies, checking out the gift shops, etc. When DH and I go to WDW without DD, we barely do the parks. I love to ride the monorail and get drinks at the different lounges in CR, Poly and GF. I love to go to FW and do the petting zoo and pony rides. I love to visit the BW and rent a surrey bike and enjoy the BW/YC area. I want to rent a water mouse at a resort (haven't done that yet.)

Yup, the resorts are awesome.

We actually took one day on our last trip and did nothing but visit resorts. We had the Luau scheduled for that night and it really worked out well.

Our favorite is the YC and this year we were staying at POFQ. That's what prompted our day of resort touring. DH claimed he just "had" to go visit the YC.

We left POFQ about 10am and took the bus to the Studios. From there we caught the boat to the YC. We got off there and walked around SAB, the lobby, and gift shops. Then we walked around the lake to the Boardwalk, had a look around, poked in the shops, and ate lunch at the ESPN club.

We took a bus from BWI to the MK and from there we took the boat to FW. We walked around, looked at the horses, and rode the internal bus around the campground (we have considered the cabins before and wanted to see them in person). Then we took the boat back and stopped at WL to look around there. We had a drink and sat around there for a while before heading back to MK.

From the MK, we took the boat to the Poly where we poked around, had another drink, and waited for the Luau.

It was a really great day. Even though we did a lot, most of it was seated and riding buses, boats, etc. so we all had a good rest day. I highly recommend doing this about 1/2 way through your trip.

DH and enjoy going to other resorts. We enjoy dining, shopping.looking around,and exploring. There is so much to see and do.
We really enjoyed sitting on the boardwalk one morning people watching and seeing the Friendship boats come and go.

We've been going to Disney over 38 some visits and now stay around 9-12 nights. Plenty of time to see the parks and enjoy the other amminites around the World. We enjoy going to the other resorts lounges and especially the ones with entertainment. Most have some great snack hand food to munch on while enjoying a cocktail or two. The minature golf in the evenings is great fun, Boardwalk has some interesting highlights to pass some time and the dueling piano bar is alway a great hoot. Yes, over the years we now have other interests besides the parks, we're most always AP'ers and pop into a park on a whim or hunger and pop back out. Snooping around WDW's other areas has become a new thing for us to do and explore. Always something to do on property when the sun goes down, check out the other resort hot spots and lounges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter