• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort transportation

devalsam

Mouseketeer
Can you ride the monorail if you are not a guest of the resorts? We are arriving the day after Thanksgiving this year, staying offsite and planning dinner at Chef Mickey's that day. Can we ride the monorail to MK or will we need to drive our car from the resort to MK?

I don't know what the official "rule" is but when we went in 2011 we stayed offsite and used the monorail. If there is a rule about it being for resort guests only I had no clue about that. There was nothing we had to show to use it or anything. Not sure if that's changed.

Can you ride the monorail if you are not a guest of the resorts? We are arriving the day after Thanksgiving this year, staying offsite and planning dinner at Chef Mickey's that day. Can we ride the monorail to MK or will we need to drive our car from the resort to MK?

You can use any of the Disney internal transportation regardless of where you stay. The only transportation non-resort guests can't use is the Magical Express (ground transport from the Orlando Airport to the resorts)

If you are planning on driving to the Contemporary you cannot leave your car there while you go to the parks. Is that what you are asking? You can park at the TTC and use the monorail to get to the Contemporary, and then to the Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter