Resort Touring Plan

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by bksomody, Nov 17, 2012.

1. bksomody

bksomody Mouseketeer

What are the best resorts to visit during the holidays and why?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. PetePanMan

PetePanMan Mouseketeer

Wilderness Lodge is probably my favorite - very rustic feel given logs, huge Christmas tree etc.

We also like Grand Floridian - totally different look and feel but very nice, ginger bread houses etc.

4. laceemouse

laceemouse DIS Veteran

Every deluxe resort is nice. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge one Christmas and did visit most of the other deluxe resorts. We had a meal at a monorail resort and rode the monorail getting off to visit the other two as well.
    Then another day we ate at the Beach Club and then walked to Yacht Club and Boardwalk and saw those too.
    The only deluxe we missed was Animal Kingdom Lodge so I booked us a dinner there next month :santa:

5. bksomody

bksomody Mouseketeer

Yes I heard WL is nice and they have a good breakfast there.

6. bksomody

bksomody Mouseketeer

That's a good idea to go on the Monorail. Quick and easy. Do you know which resorts are part of the monorail?

7. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Poly
    Contemporary
    Grand Floridian

8. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

I actually think there is something to be said for just about all of them. But, having said that, there are some that are worth a special trip. This is how I do my touring each year...
    When I'm in the MK area...I walk over to the CR, then boat to WL, boat back to CR, monorail over to GF, then back to MK.
    I love the Epcot resorts...so check out BW, then S/D, then over to YC and then BC.
    AKL is worth a look....very pretty for the holidays. That one is good for the day I'm at AK..obviously.

The values and moderates are very nice too...just harder to get to, unless you have a park free day. Then, you can take the bus from one of the parks to the moderate you want to check out....takes more time but if you aren't doing parks, then go for it.