Resort to airport costs

wdwfun!

Mouseketeer
Anyone have recent Uber or Lyft cost to the airport from a MK resort? It would be a weekday early afternoon for 3 adults one lg bag and some carry ons. Any other recommendations if we choose not to take ME. Thanks!

When I took an Uber last month, it was about $36 (before tip) from the GF to MCO. What's nice is that she dropped me off at Southwest's curbside check-in, making it a pretty easy trip.

When I took an Uber last month, it was about $36 (before tip) from the GF to MCO. What's nice is that she dropped me off at Southwest's curbside check-in, making it a pretty easy trip.

Same here. Took an Uber from Bay Lake Tower 8/16. Also dropped off at SW curbside check in. It was $36 before tip. It was 2 adults with one large suitcase each and 1 bag each that fit under the seat. We left early at 5:45 am.

Some other recent threads talk about 'surge pricing' which apparently means your charge could be higher based on demand and/or availability. There are other available shuttle services where you can book them online and see the pricing ahead of time. Never used them, so can't comment on how one might compare to the others. Clearly ME is free while any other transportation option will involve an additional cost.

Some other recent threads talk about 'surge pricing' which apparently means your charge could be higher based on demand and/or availability. There are other available shuttle services where you can book them online and see the pricing ahead of time. Never used them, so can't comment on how one might compare to the others. Clearly ME is free while any other transportation option will involve an additional cost.
This is a good point. We use Uber in Chicago often and the surge pricing can be out of control. I was concerned that during our 5 nights in WDW this might be an issue, we were lucky and did not experience this, but it is something to consider.

I arrived at MCO in May around 4:30pm. It had been raining and it was rush hour but I never expected to wait over 2 hours for an uber or have it cost $80 (you read that right). There had to have been 50 people before me in line. Most of us were going to WDW. There were no available taxis in the taxi line.I am through MCO quite a lot and since Uber started, I have never seen a problem like that day. Now, if it's raining or during rush hour, I leave the resort early or wait in the airport for awhile if I've just arrived.

After reading several recommendations for it on this board, I recently downloaded the RideGuru app and have been checking it on the days of the week and at the approximate times I expect to need transportation in November so that I can estimate what the cost might be. I'll keep watching, since there may be changes as my dates get closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter