Resort Tax?

Beth

Just happy to be here...
Since we purchased in 1997, I have maintained a spreadsheet which includes all the details about each reservation, including the published "rack rate," as well as "my cost" (# points times my estimated cost per point) - determining a % savings as well as a "value per point."

But I never factored in the resort tax to the rack rate column, and I think I'd like to...

I know that the current tax is 11%, but does anyone know if it's "always" been 11% - or at least since 1997?

I realize that this isn't the "best" way to show my savings, knowing that there were discounts to be had - but it just makes me feel good to look at the total down at the bottom of that column! :)

TIA

It has been 11% for as long as I can remember- certainly since '97.

That is an important savings to include in your spreadsheet, as it does impact the $$ saved.

Enjoy!

It's not 11% at all resorts. The ones on Oscello(sp) county are 12%. I am pretty sure that is the AllStars and AKL but it could be some of the others also.

It's been 11% since at least 1989. Osceola County added on an extra 1%, but I'm not sure that goes back that far. Not all the ASRs are in Oseola County. I'm sure that ASM is. I don't believe the AKL is. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks very much for all of your replies.

I should have clarified, though - I was really just interested in the DVC Resorts. We've only used points to stay anywhere else a few times - DCL, Contemporary Resort, and 2 Concierge.

But - come to think of it... What about Vero & HH - have they always been 11%, also?

AKL resort tax is 11%. We are going on a pre-purchase trip in May. Staying at AKL. The rate is what CRO quoted me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter