• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort switchers-I know you're out there...

I booked 8 nights at Pop.

Then changed it to 5 nights Pop and 3 nights CB.

Then rented DVC points and now have 4 nights OKW and 4 nights SSR, for the same price as Pop and CB.

I'm not changing again :rotfl:

I keep saying that to myself...until the next week :lmao:

Is there therapy for this or something?

Oh...would you be referring to the thread last year....'confessions of the resort changers"????

that was ME! lol i feel your pain......well i did it this year...we joined dvc...however, I had needed 2 nights before a dvc stay....so I booked POP...and I changed to pOFQ! There is no cure!!!!

:lmao: yep I was on that thread too!

Our Oct trip was just switched once, have a 40% off code so we did GF and YC but then we booked AKL club level and BW since we have never stayed at both and never stayed club level before. No plans to change this one at all.

Our trip March 29th to April 5th has been changed around a million times. 40% off code here too but the first leg of the trip we bounced between the OKW and SSR since they are the only ones open. I had OKW and Poly, AK, a full week at OKW and then changed it to OKW and BW. The other day I changed it from OKW and YC instead....this is the last change because we leave in 13 days.

Us, switch resorts? You are sadly mistaken and are surely thinking of someone else.:rotfl2: We've switched so many times over the past few years that now every time I email our TA I start off with "here we go again". She is soooo nice and understanding it's unbelievable.

CSD or chronic switching disease affects many of us. It is a silent disease. Here's what I did...my last switch was last week!

Plan A - booked Pop b/c nothing was open for the entire week (I was planning this trip 3.5 months out!)

Plan B - switched to CBR when that opened up

Plan C - switched to POFQ b/c the CBR pool was going to be closed

Plan D - WL opened up for 4 days so I added one extra day so we'd stay 4 days at WL and 4 days at POFQ

final plan we leave in less than 3 weeks---CR for 4 nights WL for 4 nights!!!:banana:

My husband says they (CMs) know me by now...(unfortunately I am also afflicted with CDS ---otherwise known as chronic dining switching. :lmao:

I switched our Feb 08 trip many times. I went from POFQ to the Wilderness Lodge then to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our dates had to change for the trip, so I got a code for our new dates and moved to the Beach Club. We ended up at the Contemporary. :) My dining changed each time as well!

Last Xmas I originally had a studio at WL booked from 19th to 27th with the 40% code. (No 1 bed available)Then realised that this meant being in one room with DS and DH for 9 days, I would have gone mad. So swapped to a 1 bed at Boardwalk. Then not sure why but ended up switching to 1 bed at SSR and even added DDP. Best move I ever made. We absolutely loved it and think its the best location as you are near to DTD. This was the last 8 nights of a 3 week holiday so we weren't going to the parks. We did visit Boardwalk and whilst we thought it looked great, we had no regrets.

I originally had AKL booked, then WL and then I finally decided to with a split stay between ASMo & POR. I'm hoping I made the right choice. I would have some AKL or WL, but my finances want me to be able to buy souvenirs and be able to spend my extra cash, so that's why I did my value & mod!!

I originally had AKL booked, then WL and then I finally decided to with a split stay between ASMo & POR. I'm hoping I made the right choice. I would have some AKL or WL, but my finances want me to be able to buy souvenirs and be able to spend my extra cash, so that's why I did my value & mod!!

You made the right choice! I think your son will love ASMO...and then you will have the 'grown up' stay at POR!!

you will want to buy so much stuff....trust me.....you will have a great time...and trying out 2 resorts in 1 stay...that is great too! have fun!

1. Switched from AKL to WL

2. Close to switching dates

3. Now may book a mod for a solo trip as the family trip may not work due to school starting earlier for 1st grade.

4. If solo I might upgrade to DxDP too.

I've switched 1 mazillion times. Its a standing joke in our house.

And we have officially changed our dated and resort for the gazillionth time. We are now 10/23-10/30 at the Contemporary. No more date changes because airfare is booked!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I LOVE this thread!! I feel so much better knowing I am not the only one:thumbsup2

I was embarrassed to phone anymore...my last trip I had a CSR actually say to me "hmm...we have a problem making up our mind...don't we?????"

I have changed from Port Orleans to Pop to Port Orleans to Wilderness and back to Port Orleans!! I think I should just stay at PO BUT first I got a 20% code and now my DD got a 40%!!! So I am looking at a deluxe but waiting for some rooms to open up ...if anyone cancels a WL standardview room for Oct 19-22 let me know please:love:

We were going to stay offsite until I read everyone saying to stay onsite so I booked a room at POP. Then I switched from POP to ASMU to keep the free ticket upgrades. Before that, it was my ADRs! I was on the phone switching for a whole week and reading different reviews and info about other places to eat. Plus, our plans changed when we decided to go without the dining plan. LOL.

This is only our first trip too! :lmao: I can't wait to plan the next one though!

You can count us in!

#1 POFQ for 6 nights
#2 GF for 6 nights
#3 ASMo for 7 nights
#4 ASMo for 3 nights Poly for 4 nights
#5 Poly for 4 nights BWV for 3 nights
#6 and final PORS for 4 nights BWV for 3 nights

Lets not even discuss ADR's :)

I started out with a four night stay in May at POP, and being that this is the trip where I'll propose to my GF I wanted to upgrade from a value. I then changed to POFQ, then changed to 3 nights POFQ and 1 night Poly... then I changed to 4 nights at the Poly. I think I'm good now... or am I?! :rotfl2:

I got a good AAA rate at the Poly, and have since been eyeing Savanna View rooms at AKL. I probably should stay with what I have but I don't know.

Guilty as charged! I have switched resorts and dates too many times!!

#1 POP for 4 Nights May5-9
#2 POP for 4 Nights May 6-10
#3 Added a night at POP May 6-11
#4 Doubletree DTD May 7-12

Now today comes option number 5. Do I wanna switch to renting points for a studio at BWV the 4-9th? It would be the same price as the stay at DTD but I know my BF doesn't want me to mess with it any more.

This one is SO tempting!!!! Ahhh!

I always do this kind of thing no matter where I stay. I will book way ahead of schedule at a place but yet in the mean time i check out other places also and if something looks better i will switch. But it doesnt end there. I guess im just not satisfied having everything done ahead of time and always have to plan and every day it seems i change my mind about something. I get too bored if im not always planning or on the lookout for something new. Im going away to the Smokies this year and again have reservations but im ALWAYS looking up until the time I go. I know with me doing this is totally normal and i thought i was the only one like this, i guess not:confused3 The funny thing is sometimes i will change to another place only to go back to the original place i booked or i will have a few reservations for the same dates (as long as the place doesnt take up front deposits i will do this) and cancel once i make my decision so at least i will have a reservation in the mean time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter