Resort suggestions welcome :)

be0URguest

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! I'm not in any rush but I of course am a disney freak and love to plan so I figured it's better to start sooner than later ;). Anyways, the husband and I are planning on making the food and wine fest fall trip our "staple" so I'm looking for suggestions on where to stay next October...

The resorts I've stayed at are all star sports.. All star music. CBR and csr. We're planning to do 9-10 day trip so we can actually enjoy the resort a bit.. I loved all the resorts I've stayed at but want a mod or up. I liked the look of port Orleans riverside but I guess it shares a bus with the French quarter and I don't like that. Which resorts do not share buses with other resorts? We're also very beach people so it was nice to be able to lay out on the fake beaches at CBR. Walking doesn't bother us but it did deter us from quick coffee runs in the morning at CBR this past time.. But maybe next time I could just book preferred instead?

I'm open to a deluxe if I can get a good price on it. I'd prob like to keep it under 3000 for the room.

We also like the bar options at the resorts as well.. And possibly a little romance. We're a younger couple. Open to all and any suggestions. Please fire away :)

We've stayed at all of the mods multiple times. CBR and POFQ are our favorites. If walking distances at any of the 3 large mods is a concern, consider booking a preferred room. POR & POFQ only share buses during the less busy times, when rider demand is low. We have very rarely seen shared buses before park opening or after park closing when demand is highest.

I believe that the only deluxe resort that doesn't share at least some buses is AKL, and even it shares with Kidani.

If your focus is on f&w, then you'll probably want to see if any of the Epcot resorts will fit into your budget. But you will share buses to MK and AK. Otherwise POR or POFQ would be the closest mods to Epcot.

For F&W I'd try to book one of the Epcot resorts. YC is our fav, closely followed by BC. They Epcot resorts book up fast.

For Moderates, POR Riverside is our fav. They don't share busses during peak travel times. I've stsyed at both Por & POFQ, and the only time busses were shared was off times, like mid day.

In any moderate the room location can make or break your stay. I look at the resort maps and put my room request on my reservation. At CBR Jamaica is a good location. We were by the quiet pool, and it was a short walk over to food court.
At POR I like either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace for central location.

Have fun picking.

POR is my mod of choice! We particularly enjoy the Alligator Bayou section and appreciate how lovely the landscaping is and how a walk around is relaxing there! Loved stays at CBR but the atmosphere was certainly less relaxing then POR.

Thank you all so far! This has helped. Hm. My dream is the poly but it's $$$$. I'm wondering if I'll get one of those 30 percent off deals anytime soon but I know they limit the days you can choose from so we'll see.

I liked the look of port Orleans riverside but I guess it shares a bus with the French quarter and I don't like that.

We stayed at POR last trip, and never shared a bus with POFQ. If you're interested in POR, I'd double check, before writing off! We loved it! Trying POFQ this trip to get basically the same, in a smaller package! :cool1:

I think if you can get a room discount, the Beach Club or Boardwalk are great options. Walking distance to Epcot, which is perfect for Food and Wine. Nice pool facilities and there are plenty of lounge options on the boardwalk for drinks. I also love to stay at the Swan or Dolphin - again, great location, but the Swan has a bit more of that romantic feel you may be looking for. And, tons of lounge options between the two hotels.

The walking distance from the International Gateway and the Beach Club is so fast you'll hardly believe it. I highly suggest the Beach Club. Plus, the pool (Stormalong Bay) is awesome.

Another vote for one of the Epcot resorts if you are most interested in F&W. Definitely check out the Swan/Dolphin. They offer a number of discounts such as AAA, teacher, nurse etc. They have a great pool, a sandy beach, and fantastic pool bars. Even with the resort fee and paying for airport transportation, S/D generally works out to be considerably less expensive than BW, YC or BC.

AKL is my fave deluxe. Nothing like having the animals there especially if you are going for 9-10 days. I love the tranquility of the resort as well.

I also enjoyed BC & BW. The close walk to Epcot is very nice!

For us it is Pop all the way we , love at it here and have stayed here many times . :cool1::cool1::cool1: . Try Pop and you will love it here

Thanks for all the info everyone! Will check into everything. The swan and dolphin have always intrigued me as well Hm. Guess I have some more research to do...

Thanks for all the info everyone! Will check into everything. The swan and dolphin have always intrigued me as well Hm. Guess I have some more research to do...

Be sure to factor in extra costs of Swan/Dolphin. They have a daily resort fee and also have to factor in the cost of a cab to & from airport, as they don't have the free DME.
If you have a car, there is a daily parking fee too.

Be sure to factor in extra costs of Swan/Dolphin. They have a daily resort fee and also have to factor in the cost of a cab to & from airport, as they don't have the free DME.
If you have a car, there is a daily parking fee too.

Yes, you definitely need to add those costs in. If you look at the Swan/Dolphin website, check out the "special offers" on the right side. You can click on say, an AAA discount, and then check off other discounts as well such as military, nurse AARP etc. You use the calendar to check on your dates to see which discount works best. Once you decide on the discount, if you take it through to the booking engine, you will see the final price with all fees and taxes included for the room. As Sue M said, they have a parking fee if you have a car, and you need to book transportation. With all those, I have come out ahead financially at the Swan/Dolphin over the other Epcot resorts. You need to run the numbers though. You get the best rates through the Swan/Dolphin website...not the WDW site.

We've made POFQ our second go to resort.... and remember, buses stop here first before going to Riversides 4 bus stops when sharing....

Our personal favorite...WL with BLT running second....it's all about location and resort convenience....

If you rented DVC points for a studio, you could stay 10 nights next Oct at either BCV or BWV for around $2000, cheaper ($1500) if you rented well ahead of time and got standard view for BWV. We have rented points many times and for a studio, it is a great deal! For Food and Wine, you definitely need to rent at the 11 month window if you want an Epcot area resort, though, so you have to be sure of your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter