Resort Recommendation Please :)

I would choose the GF RPC with a MK view!! This is the ultimate in a romantic setting, wonderful amenities, large comfortable rooms, great dining options, good transportation options, beautiful grounds and easy access to other MK resorts! If you want the Epcot area, either the YC or BWI are good choices. Or, if you are staying 6 days or longer, you could split your stay, like we did....

DH and I spent our 45th anniversary split stay between GF RPC and BWI deluxe room CL last January. Absolutely divine!!! The best of all worlds!

If you aren't interested in CL, the GF rooms are all huge and comfortable. The days of a grandmothers decor are gone and replaced with a tasteful subtle theming that is very luxurious. All rooms have a balcony or patio, all are bright and cheerful and none have poor views. This is truly a worry free choice! I have stayed in all the outer buildings as well as RPC and can say that they are all great locations! The pools are both very nice as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys! I was a bit nervous about AKL because it's so far away from everything. It sure looks gorgeous!

I love Animal Kingdom lodge. We are getting ready to stay there for the 2nd time this September. The resort is so neat and my kids love animals. My oldest is obsessed with giraffes and we had 2 giraffes that slept outside our balcony the whole time so that was an awesome experience for my daughter. The bus rides to the parks really aren't that bad at all from there and they have their own bus. Some of the deluxe hotels share a bus with other resorts which can get crowded but Animal Kingdom has its own bus so that was nice.

Thanks for the input guys! I was a bit nervous about AKL because it's so far away from everything. It sure looks gorgeous!

AKL is one of my favourite resorts as well, but I wouldn't suggest it as the first choice because it is a bit remote, especially from the MK, but also form other dining options. If you like African/Indian food, it is great, but fewer alternate options are available. Also, the rooms are a bit small and dark for my taste. Finally, while it is fun to watch the animals, it means that the grounds are limited (you can't walk where the animals roam), so romantic strolls around the resort are limited. I prefer an option that has one of the primary perks of a deluxe - transportation that is NOT a bus to a nearby major theme park. AKL is close to the AK (5 min bus ride) but the AK is a one day park that doesn't really need you to be right next door.

The MK/Epcot areas are much more compelling.You will most likely spend more time there. If you are paying for a luxury resort, I would choose one located in one of these two areas.

I'll be the odd one out and recommend either the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge. My husband and I have no kids, so we're pretty familiar with couples trips to WDW.

I say the Contemporary since it's 1) a part of the monorail, literally; 2) has beautiful views from your balcony that just can't be beat anywhere else on property, hands-down; 3) has wonderful and unique food (and drink!) options with the Wave and California Grill, especially for couples (the bar at the Wave is spectacular!); and 4) has beautiful rooms that are bigger than most on property since it's an original resort. How cool is it to stay in the original flagship WDW resort? :) The lobby is so pretty, it has nice pools and quiet areas, and you can watch the fireworks and the Electric Water Pageant every night directly. No need to stay in the parks or even leave your room! Pretty priceless, at least in my opinion!

WL I'd recommend for several reasons. No, it isn't on the monorail, but you have boat transport to either MK or to CL, from which you can just hop on a monorail and go almost anywhere in the World with no problem. That's a good thing since you very rarely have to rely on bus transportation while you're there. WL is breathtaking, too. It seriously feels like you're in a small lodge somewhere in the woods despite being in a huge resort in the middle of Orlando. It's so peaceful, and for a couple I think it's even more so. We stayed in the Honeymoon Room on the Club Level and adored it. It was the perfect couples trip. The nice restaurant there, Artist's Point, is an underappreciated gem at WDW in my opinion! Such a nice place to have a quiet fancy supper together.

Either way you can't go wrong! :)

Another vote for the Boardwalk.

I would love to stay at an Epcot resort but I'm unsure about sharing a bus with all of the other Epcot resorts. Is sharing a bus with that many resorts as bad as I've been told it is?

Buses to MK can get pretty packed in the morning, but other than that, they're no better or worse than any other resort.

I'll be the odd one out and recommend either the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge. My husband and I have no kids, so we're pretty familiar with couples trips to WDW.

I say the Contemporary since it's 1) a part of the monorail, literally; 2) has beautiful views from your balcony that just can't be beat anywhere else on property, hands-down; 3) has wonderful and unique food (and drink!) options with the Wave and California Grill, especially for couples (the bar at the Wave is spectacular!); and 4) has beautiful rooms that are bigger than most on property since it's an original resort. How cool is it to stay in the original flagship WDW resort? :) The lobby is so pretty, it has nice pools and quiet areas, and you can watch the fireworks and the Electric Water Pageant every night directly. No need to stay in the parks or even leave your room! Pretty priceless, at least in my opinion!

WL I'd recommend for several reasons. No, it isn't on the monorail, but you have boat transport to either MK or to CL, from which you can just hop on a monorail and go almost anywhere in the World with no problem. That's a good thing since you very rarely have to rely on bus transportation while you're there. WL is breathtaking, too. It seriously feels like you're in a small lodge somewhere in the woods despite being in a huge resort in the middle of Orlando. It's so peaceful, and for a couple I think it's even more so. We stayed in the Honeymoon Room on the Club Level and adored it. It was the perfect couples trip. The nice restaurant there, Artist's Point, is an underappreciated gem at WDW in my opinion! Such a nice place to have a quiet fancy supper together.

Either way you can't go wrong! :)

Thanks for the info! My husband was suggesting the Contemporary, he really wants to stay there- I was looking at their dining options last night. The Wave is one of our favourite restaurants, we go every time we go to Disney. My only concern was since all of the rooms in the Contemporary open up into the center of the building with the monorail track and chef mickey's, are the rooms noisy?

WL is a beautiful resort! However, my husband and I live not too far from Jasper and Banff, Alberta which is essentially entire towns of the theme that is WL :)

WL is a beautiful resort! However, my husband and I live not too far from Jasper and Banff, Alberta which is essentially entire towns of the theme that is WL :)

This I totally understand! :) Always wanted to visit Alberta, so I'm a bit jealous of you! Hopefully someday soon.

My husband was suggesting the Contemporary, he really wants to stay there- I was looking at their dining options last night. The Wave is one of our favourite restaurants, we go every time we go to Disney. My only concern was since all of the rooms in the Contemporary open up into the center of the building with the monorail track and chef mickey's, are the rooms noisy?

Count me in as a huge Wave fangirl, too. Their breakfast buffet is epic, not to mention the rest of their food offerings. In terms of noise at the CR, as long as you aren't right over top of Chef Mickey's I don't think it'd be too big of a deal. You can request a high floor (11th and under are standard rooms, 12th and 14th are Club Level — which if you can budget in I highly recommend doing) away from Chef Mickey's. I've heard the walls are pretty dang thick in the CR, too, at least compared to some newer hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter