Resort rates are kinda ridiculous

We were kind of holding out to see if fast pass came back,, but at this point it doesn't look likely
I have a feeling they will be back before the 50th. But if you're upset about the higher pricing (and rightly so!), IMO the new FP system won't help. Imagine being asked to pay $100 for a family of 4 to skip the line of a 5 minute ride....

I have a feeling they will be back before the 50th. But if you're upset about the higher pricing (and rightly so!), IMO the new FP system won't help. Imagine being asked to pay $100 for a family of 4 to skip the line of a 5 minute ride....

Yep- I am worried they will go the way of Disneyland Paris which I find pay per ride likewise ridiculous.

Is that a CL WV room? $1200/night?

Not at all. It's for 3 adults for 8 nights with 8 day park tickets with park hoppers. I make a very good living, but this is right at my breaking point of what I'm willing to pay. I may still cancel my trip in February and spend my money elsewhere. As much as I love Disney, never thought I'd start thinking this.

Not at all. It's for 3 adults for 8 nights with 8 day park tickets with park hoppers. I make a very good living, but this is right at my breaking point of what I'm willing to pay. I may still cancel my trip in February and spend my money elsewhere. As much as I love Disney, never thought I'd start thinking this.
yeah my 50th stay is proportionallly the same at 6 nights and we have two APs being used. It's a lot.

Wait until you start figuring out cost per ride.

Just like Theme Park Ticket Prices and special venue dates Disney is shutting out certain income levels and targeting higher incomes.... its sad because a lot of people who can't afford this are saying they will still go.
I remember when a value resort was 79.00 and the Merry Christmas Party was 24.00(and much better than what they are presenting now)... You can't touch either of these thing for less than 150.00.... Disney is a business
and is run like one.... Walts Dream is Gone !!!!

I thought the same thing. Its been a few years since we did a big Disney "staying in the park" trip. Things are definitely different. Now parking is charged at the resorts where it wasn't before. The trip bracelets are not included and you have to pay for one. Park tickets are way up, and hotel prices are soooo much higher. AND!!! as of January 1st 2022 no more transportation from the airport...

I guess they are trying to make back covid losses but seriously they are making this unaffordable to people.

I just want to confirm what I’m seeing when I look at rates for anytime around March through July ‘22. It seems like everything at all levels is at least 50% higher than it was pre-covid.

Deluxe is especially outrageous. Beach/Yacht and Boardwalk all well over $800 for a standard room. I understand these may be discounted at a later date but it still seems crazy to me. even at the value level Pop is like $260.

Disney is still packing them in so I kind of get it but no matter how much money I have at some point it just seems insulting.

I don’t intend this as another “Disney has priced out the middle class” thread but specifically about the extremely steep and sudden rise of hotel rates now and in the near future.

I thought the same thing. Its been a few years since we did a big Disney "staying in the park" trip. Things are definitely different. Now parking is charged at the resorts where it wasn't before. The trip bracelets are not included and you have to pay for one. Park tickets are way up, and hotel prices are soooo much higher. AND!!! as of January 1st 2022 no more transportation from the airport...

I guess they are trying to make back covid losses but seriously they are making this unaffordable to people.

Regarding the bolded. It's crazy how they are now nickel and diming you. They still list parking free at the parks as a benefit of staying on property, but it's totally negated by now charging to park at the resorts! Parking for our trip a week ago ran me $275! I'd rather pay to park at the parks quite frankly, as I may not be AT a park every day of my trip.

I was looking at swan for May 2022 and for our dates it was over $700 a night for a 2 queen ??? Thought based on this thread I might do better there but not. We are looking at week before Memorial Day leaving before the weekend but seriously. Ouch

I have a pretty big travel nest egg as well because we haven’t been going anywhere but man… I just can’t justify WDW room rates even if I have the money. I love Disney and they offer things that are unique but the prices are at “once in a lifetime vacation” levels but I’ve already been a few times.
Agree. It's very sad that WDW feels the need to raise the room prices to this extent.

Yep. If fast passes are brought back with a fee attached, then I won't be buying the fast passes, and for that matter now that my kids are grown, I will be rethinking if WDW is even a vacation destination anymore.

Seems like alot of weeks in November, there is absolutely nothing available for more than a couple nights. Anyone else finding the same thing?

Seems like alot of weeks in November, there is absolutely nothing available for more than a couple nights. Anyone else finding the same thing?
It's been this way for weeks / months now. Pent up demand and people that were waiting for the 50th.

I needed to postpone my Aug trip (Deluxe) for November. I booked at rack rate for now, as I hope a discount happens, since I kind of want to to do a Deluxe stay, but between the 50th and Disney upping rack rates I might just stick with POFQ.

Not that it is a hardship. POFQ is actually my favorite of all the resorts, but I was kind of wanting a splurge.

I will say, I'm actually going to be looking at offsite in the future. With less perks and no MDE, staying elsewhere may actually be a better ROI.

Holy Moley.

Someone mentioned checking if their resort prices had changed so I went to check mine, and there is almost nothing available during my dates. I just made my reservations a week or so ago and I had a decent amount of resorts to choose from.

Kind of glad I made them when I did as I doubt there are any large discounts if everything is booking.

Again I'm not sure how many onsites I will do in the future so glad to have my last little splurge.

Holy Moley.

Someone mentioned checking if their resort prices had changed so I went to check mine, and there is almost nothing available during my dates. I just made my reservations a week or so ago and I had a decent amount of resorts to choose from.

Kind of glad I made them when I did as I doubt there are any large discounts if everything is booking.

Again I'm not sure how many onsites I will do in the future so glad to have my last little splurge.

Also postponed my August trip to November a couple weeks back. Glad I did it then, because there is nothing available for my November dates now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter