Resort QS menu question about entrees

DJFan88

DIS Veteran
I think I heard long ago about not getting the side part of an entree at your resort and also being charged a lower price if paying OOP. Wondering if this is true.
EX: My son wants just the quesadilla at AllStars. He doesn't want the beans and rice that come with the entree. (In fact, if those beans even touch the quesadills we've got trouble, lol). Can we just order the main part, and will the price be lower.

And while we're at it, if a sandwich comes with sauce can you request it not to (for full price of course), or do they just kind of have them ready and this is how it is.

You can always request a sandwich plain. Many places (not only resort but also park QS) will allow you to order, say, a burger alone with no fries. But ask to make sure you're not being charged for the fries anyway.
They're good with some things, as my experience has been good with my son who has food allergies to dairy and egg. I've had to order things like a hot dog with no bun in the distant past, or sub out things for him.

I've never had a problem asking for items without the sides in the parks so it shouldn't be a problem at the resorts either. I always watch as they are ringing up the order to make sure I'm not paying full price. If you have any issues when trying to do this ask for a manager. Don't let the cashier or server tell you it can't be done.

Okay, sounds good, we definetly don't need to for everything, but the quesadilla thing for sure. Also, sometimes don't need a full meal, just a quick hot dog or burger to keep you or growing boys going.

I dont do fries ..(just steal some off my husbands meal)...so I usually just get charged for the burger...Also I dont like gravy on some of the meals..and I get it on the side..which they will do.. To much sauce on my spaghetti is also yuck...when I ordered my breakfast platter..I would rather they leave off the waffle and the little biscuit and they would give me extra eggs and homefries or another sausage. one cast member that was doign the serving ..said you can have the grits or the oatmeal instead ....just ask..

Wow, never thought about it for breakfast too. There really are a lot of options if you just think about it. I agree about the waffle,

the first day I asked for no waffle ..the lady gave me two biscuits..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter