Resort pricing question

pobaw81

Earning My Ears
My friend and I have decided to stay at Beach Club this January. Now that we've decided, I have a few questions about booking, and I'm hoping I can some (more) help from everyone here.

My friend and I are super flexible with time off and work, so I was thinking that we would just wait to see what discounts are released. I called AAA the other day and got quoted a decent rate for five nights at BC (20% off). She said it most likely wouldn't be hard to transfer the package to a discount if Disney releases them. She said I should book now, so that I definitely have something reserved.

I feel like it might be more advantageous for us to just wait, however, at least until 11/1. That way, if a great room discount comes out and is not available for the dates we want now, we would just pick another week. Or, if a food discount is released, we would consider adding a night to our package to make it happen.

(Although, I must admit, there is a big part of me that wants to have the whole thing booked so I know that it's actually happening.)

What do people here think? Should we book now and get it over with? Or should we just sit on it for a month and see what discounts time brings us?

Note that we are amenable to staying at another Epcot deluxe resort (Yacht Club or Boardwalk), so if BC is full for some reason, it wouldn't be the end of the world if we looked elsewhere.

Thanks!

Other than a very specific room category or something I didn't see in your post, I see no reason to book now .. can't see how it advantages you in particular.

I'm waiting myself. I refuse to book til I know. Reason being, I figure if I book now, they'll presume my booking is 'solid' and will happen at the full price. I assure you that given the economy and my own personal economy.. it won't.

I don't want to lead them on. ;)

I know you're right. It's just that I would really like to have this booked. Disney is a tough sell for my friends (I know, I know...I clearly need new friends), and I guess I just worry the whole thing will fall through if we don't have a reservation.

I'm probably just being crazy, though.

Thanks!

pobaw81 said:
I know you're right. It's just that I would really like to have this booked. Disney is a tough sell for my friends (I know, I know...I clearly need new friends), and I guess I just worry the whole thing will fall through if we don't have a reservation.

I'm probably just being crazy, though.

Thanks!

I completely feel ya! I just went in June.. first time after a 2 years break.. and now I'm all ready for more.. so I REALLY wanna get January booked, get the time booked at work.. get this thing on the road..

But.. I know me.. if I book it and no special comes along, I will still wanna go... and that's bad.

So I'm being good. And it's KILLING me.

honestly I'd book the AAA rate so you are guaranteed a discount at the resort you want. There's only so many discounted rooms available per resort. Since you are flexible with your dates I guess t doesn't matter but if you are really wanting a certain week/resort I'd go with what you know is discounted then change after that once something else is released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter