Resort Perks

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDW4me2012, Jun 18, 2013.

1. WDW4me2012

WDW4me2012 Earning My Ears

Hi all, I have questions about staying Disney Property. If you stay on Disney Property but don't buy tickets through them do you still get the perks of the extra magic hours? Also if someone you know is staying on Disney Property but you aren't is it possible to somehow get to use their perks as well, like the extra magic hours? Thank you!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Extra magic hours are connected to your room key, not your ticket. For morning extra magic hours, each person has to show their room key to get in early. For evening, each person has to show their room key at every ride. If you don't have a room key, you don't get to use it.

4. SA mom

SA mom DIS Veteran

Everyone staying on property has a KTTWC (Key to the World Card) or, soon, the magicband. Even children over the age of 3 have to show their card to enjoy EMH.

5. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Extra Magic Hours is a perk for guests of Disney resorts. It doesn't matter where you buy your tickets.

Each registered guest of a Disney resort gets a resort ID/room key card, called the Key to the World card, that has their name printed on it. In order to gain admittance to the parks for morning EMH, you must show this card.

For evening EMH, you must show the card before boarding any rides or entering any shows. If you're not a resort guest and you stay in the park after regular closing time, you'll be able to eat and shop during evening EMH, but that's it. No rides, no shows.

So no, if you're not staying at a Disney resort, there's no way for you to use EMH.

6. candygirl83

candygirl83 Mouseketeer

Very detailed thank u