resort parking

Weebs

Earning My Ears
I have an ADR at the Cape May Cafe for the character breakfast and plan on spending the day at Epcot when finished. My question concerns the rules for parking at the resort. Can I leave my car at the resort for the day while I am at Epcot or do I need to move it to the Epcot lot after breakfast. Even if there is a parking fee that is OK. I am trying to avoid the hassle of moving the car after breakfast as it would be so much easier to walk to EPCOT from the Beach Club.

I have an ADR at the Cape May Cafe for the character breakfast and plan on spending the day at Epcot when finished. My question concerns the rules for parking at the resort. Can I leave my car at the resort for the day while I am at Epcot or do I need to move it to the Epcot lot after breakfast. Even if there is a parking fee that is OK. I am trying to avoid the hassle of moving the car after breakfast as it would be so much easier to walk to EPCOT from the Beach Club.

You are allowed a (usually) 3-hour window to park for resort visits.
You are not allowed to park at a resort and go to a theme-park for the rest of the day, however.

If they offer VALET parking, its considered "OK" to leave the car at that resort for the day, as you are paying about the same rate as you would at the theme-parks' lots (plus a tip for the valet).

However, if a resort is over-crowded, then the "all-day-valet" might not apply. Ask when you arrive at the resort gates.

You are allowed a (usually) 3-hour window to park for resort visits.
You are not allowed to park at a resort and go to a theme-park for the rest of the day, however.

If they offer VALET parking, its considered "OK" to leave the car at that resort for the day, as you are paying about the same rate as you would at the theme-parks' lots (plus a tip for the valet).

However, if a resort is over-crowded, then the "all-day-valet" might not apply. Ask when you arrive at the resort gates.

Does above still apply if you are staying at another WDW resort e:g Pop?
:yay:

Does above still apply if you are staying at another WDW resort e:g Pop?
:yay:
Yep. Basically, parking at resorts is supposed to be for those staying at that resort. Disney realizes that there are people that have cars, and who will drive to a resort for a meal, so they give them a 3 hr. pass. There are those who feel this gives them the right to park there for the entire day, taking up spots that those resort guests expect to be able to use. So.....rather than worry about the 3 hr. window, use valet services. That takes the onus off you're having to be concerned about using something you aren't entitled to.
When you are staying on-site, with a car, you will be given a 'card' that you can put in your windshield. But, it doesn't give you rights to park at any other resorts than the one you are staying at. The resorts that are within walking distance to the parks (Polynesian, CR, GF, BW, YC/BC) all have parking issues. Seems there are those that park in those lots to avoid the parking lot fees at the parks.
See, it doesn't happen at the S/D because they charge everyone $8-10 a day to park there, even guests of the resort!!!

When you pull up to the guard building at the parking lot, there is a sign that says that they cannot provide parking for the theme parks. You can park there to dine, but you are not supposed to park there to go to the theme parks unless you are staying at that resort. Even valet parking is supposed to be for the guests using the services of the resort and not for theme park parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter