• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort parking for breakfast

gotdbltrbl

Mouseketeer
We are driving down and staying at AKL for four days, then leaving for our cruise. I was wondering, when we check out of AKL, can we drive/park over at Wilderness Lodge for breakfast at Whispering Canyons before we head to the port? Or would we have to keep the car at AKL, take the bus over and back? Thanks!

You will simply need to check in with the guard and let them know your intentions. They may ask for a photo ID and I would leave your parking permit from AKL displayed. We have done the same thing before without an issue.

Agree that there won't be an issue doing this. :car:

Definitely drive. Not only is it allowed as long as you don't try to go inside MK from there, but you'd have a long journey from AKL to WL using Disney transportation, since there are no direct resort-to-resort buses. I would still recommend making an ADR for Whispering Canyon. You don't need to do it 180 days out, but calling earlier that morning or even the night before is well advised. It can get crowded, even at breakfast.

Also, make sure you still have your parking pass from AKL on your dash. You'll need to drive through the MK gate to get to WL. When the gate attendants see the pass, they'll generally wave you through without even asking. You'll need to stay to the right at the gate, and then veer to the right turn off lane as soon as you're beyond the gate. Stay straight on that and it takes you straight to WL.

As the others have said, you won't have any trouble parking at the WL for your ADR :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter