Resort Options for 6?

karibritt01

Happiest when I'm planning a trip...!
I'm trying to decide the most cost effective way to book a trip for 6. It will be my husband and myself, and 4 kids ages 18, 13, 10, and 8. Deluxe resorts are out of my budget. I'm debating between connecting rooms at a value, a family suite at a value, and a cabin at Fort Wilderness. In the past I have stayed at CSR and Pop only. Recommendations? I also haven't ruled out staying off property, but I REALLY love being right in the middle of the magic!

I'm trying to decide the most cost effective way to book a trip for 6. It will be my husband and myself, and 4 kids ages 18, 13, 10, and 8. Deluxe resorts are out of my budget. I'm debating between connecting rooms at a value, a family suite at a value, and a cabin at Fort Wilderness. In the past I have stayed at CSR and Pop only. Recommendations? I also haven't ruled out staying off property, but I REALLY love being right in the middle of the magic!

If you want a guarantee of everyone being together, it would be best to go with a value suite or the cabins. Since all of the kids are over age 3, you would have to get 2 rooms in any category and connecting rooms would only be a request as they are never guaranteed. Disney will do everything they can to satisfy that request, but you won't know for sure if you have them until you check in; and if they're not available, you won't get them.

My 5 friends and I stayed at AoA this past spring break and loved it! We felt it was enough space. The suites come with 3 beds, a kitchenette, and 2 bathrooms. I definitely recommend anyone staying there. The theme is also awesome and very magical.

Are the beds at AoA real beds or pullouts? I am concerned about the comfort of the beds in the suites because of the pullout couch and chairs.

Each suite at AoA sleeps 6. There is a master bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, a pull out couch and a dining/work table that pulls down to a sleeper bed. The Fort Wilderness cabins also sleep 6. There is a double bed and bunks in the bedroom, and a murphy bed in the den area, but only 1 full bathroom. Comfort is really subject to opinion ;) While my parents thought the murphy bed was very comfortable in the cabins, I've heard others complain. Have you checked out the AoA Thread and the Fort Wilderness Thread, yet? That might help you decide.

Happy Planning!

If you want a guarantee of everyone being together, it would be best to go with a value suite or the cabins. Since all of the kids are over age 3, you would have to get 2 rooms in any category and connecting rooms would only be a request as they are never guaranteed. Disney will do everything they can to satisfy that request, but you won't know for sure if you have them until you check in; and if they're not available, you won't get them.

Absolutely! the suite or the cabin is the only way to be sure to be all together. The 2 connecting value rooms may be the most cost effective, but you do run the risk of being separated. AoA is very elaborately themed, but a suite at the All Star Music will most likely be lower priced.

If staying together but with a low price were my priorities, I would stay at the ASMu in a suite.

If real beds and low price were a priority, I would stay with connecting rooms at POP.

Just throwing in a sort of off site option. The Hotel Circle area of DTD has a Doubletree Suites Hotel. It has 1 bdrm suites. We booked there for 1 night pre WDW package when we decided to arrive a day early. We had 2 queens in the bedroom, and a pull out in living room. 1 bathroom, 2 Tvs, dining room table, a kitchenette with bar sink, microwave & fridge, Keruig, can't remember if it had a toaster. The suite was very spacious. Hotel has been recently renovated. We got a great discount code from mousesavers.com. Room discount + free breakfast.
The DTD hotels have a good bus service running every 30 min and it's a 15-20 min walk (or bus) to DTD and all the dining there. And since you're in the DTD area you still feel like you're in Disney.

The All Star Family Suites are the cheapest on site option that guarantees you will be all together in one space.

I can't speak to the extra beds at AoA but I found the fold outs in the All Star suites to be very comfortable. Disney had them designed so that there is no bar that runs under your back.

Connecting rooms at POP worked out great for our family several times. That is my suggestion. you have an 18 year old that can classify as an adult on the reservations so that's helpful as well.

We like the cabins. Plenty of room for everyone. This way you can guarantee everyone is together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter