Resort Monorail construction cutbacks

joelkfla

DIS Veteran
It has been officially announced that the Resort Monorail will be shut down during "off peak" hours of 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. beginning March 2, due to "planned maintenance and nearby construction."

No date for resumption of normal service has been announced, but they "expect this work to be complete before the end of the month."

"During this time, watercraft (where applicable) and additional buses will be available to transport Guests to their destinations."

OMG, that makes me so upset and mad!!!!

I need to get to Poly from CR for a dinner.

And I have to take the bus back/forth to Epcot for mid-day break?!?!??!?!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh oh. Is it safe to go over to the TPA&S board? Or the Resorts board? Do they know about this yet?

I'm not telling 'em!!!!

The construction is the new DVC property being built at the GF so this only affects the local and express MK loops, not the Epcot loop.

I don't understand why they don't run a half loop through the Contemporary, that way GF would be the only hotel affected. You can walk to Poly from the TTC. I know it can be done because I was there one time when they did it.

The construction is the new DVC property being built at the GF so this only affects the local and express MK loops, not the Epcot loop.
Yes, it is both the Resort & MK Express beams, but not the Epcot beam that are affected.

I think the original advisory focused on the Resort beam, but an updated & expanded advisory posted today clarified that both the Resort & Express beams are involved.

They were running buses today to replace the monorails.

Read a lot about this but still not fully understanding. Does this mean those of us off site will not have access to the parking lot other then the boat from 11:30-6? Sorry this is probably a stupid question but I just can't find the answer.

Thanks

Read a lot about this but still not fully understanding. Does this mean those of us off site will not have access to the parking lot other then the boat from 11:30-6? Sorry this is probably a stupid question but I just can't find the answer.

Thanks
Today it looked like they were running buses to supplement the ferries. I don't know whether that will be the case at all times, nor how frequently the buses were running.

Today it looked like they were running buses to supplement the ferries. I don't know whether that will be the case at all times, nor how frequently the buses were running.

yes they will run buses everyday in addition to 3 ferries to help with the crowds. Additionally, there are buses to CR/WL, then another to Poly/GF. Boat transportation capacity on the gold(Poly/GF) is also increased during this time.

I don't understand why they don't run a half loop through the Contemporary, that way GF would be the only hotel affected. You can walk to Poly from the TTC. I know it can be done because I was there one time when they did it.
Safety? If no monorail train is run in reverse at any point during normal operation, there's ZERO opportunity for a manual or automated error like two trains going in opposite directions on the same track colliding ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter