Resort Luggage Check In?

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me how resort luggage check-in works? We are not using Magical Express back to the airport since we will have a rental car. Can I just check in, print boarding passes and drop my luggage in the lobby of our resort on the day of our flight? It would be nice to skip the check-in / luggage drop line at the airport.

Thanks for any advice!

Yes you can, as BAGS functions separately from ME, as long as you are on a participating airline flying domestically. Most major airlines participate now. Not in the lobby though, their desk is usually outside near the pick up spot for the ME bus. Hours are 5am to 1pm, must be checked in at least 3 hours prior to your flight time. If you have a late flight be sure to get there before 1pm, they close on time and no check in after that.

Also, if you are checking bags with an Airline that you have to pay baggage fees, the fee must be paid prior to you visiting the check in desk. You have to show proof that you already paid for it, since they don't have the capability at the desk for charges.

So if you don't have the capability to do that (via computer or mobile device) then I think you'll have to take your bags to the airport.

Can anyone tell me how resort luggage check-in works? We are not using Magical Express back to the airport since we will have a rental car. Can I just check in, print boarding passes and drop my luggage in the lobby of our resort on the day of our flight? It would be nice to skip the check-in / luggage drop line at the airport.

Thanks for any advice!

You can check in, print boarding passes but I don't believe you can just drop your luggage with your resort and have them take them to airport if you are not riding Magical Express. You can get all checked in at your resort, but you will have to take your luggage with you.

Also, if you are checking bags with an Airline that you have to pay baggage fees, the fee must be paid prior to you visiting the check in desk. You have to show proof that you already paid for it, since they don't have the capability at the desk for charges.

So if you don't have the capability to do that (via computer or mobile device) then I think you'll have to take your bags to the airport.

We were able to pay our checked bag fees at the Airport Check-In counter at CBR in October.

You can check in, print boarding passes but I don't believe you can just drop your luggage with your resort and have them take them to airport if you are not riding Magical Express. You can get all checked in at your resort, but you will have to take your luggage with you.

That is incorrect. All WDW resort guests flying on a participating airline are eligible to use RAC to check bags regardless of how they are going back to the airport (assuming the flight time allows check in when the RAC desk is open).

You are not supposed to use the inbound luggage transfer service if you are not using DME, but that's a different question.

This is INCORRECT!!
BAGS is a service separate from DME. You CAN use their service even if you are using a rental car to arrive at the airport. Hours are 5 AM to 1 PM. Bags must be checked in at least 3 hours prior to your flight time. There are separate, specific drop off areas at each resort.

We paid at the RAC counter at BC a few weeks ago without any issue. At one point it was true that you had to prepay but my last two trips, we've been able to pay at check in.

We never use ME but always use RAC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter