Resort location and late teens

tmn89

Earning My Ears
Is there a preference of Resorts when traveling with 18 and 19 year olds? Have not been there since they were 3/4.
Thanks
tmn89

I'm 18, and I prefer the moderate resorts. The values are really fun when you're younger, but now that I'm this age, they seem kind of noisy and crowded to me (a lot of little kids running around). For the moderate resorts, I prefer Caribbean Beach... It's really a nice place. It feels very bright, tropical, and has great, great pools which most 18/19 olds would really enjoy I think. That would be my suggestion. If you can afford a deluxe, I've always wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge... that could be fun.

I have two DD's that are teens and one that is 4. The two teens definetly prefer the moderates and delux resorts. We have stayed at CT, WL, Poly and the cabins at Ft Wilderness. We are trying out POR this time and all they can talk about is the two pools, Ole Man Isle pool and the Dragon Doubloon pool at POFQ. The grounds have more to offer at the moderate and delux resorts too. We are there for 8 days...we spend 6 at the parks and 2 days to 'play' at the resort.

As the PP said above I think the value resorts do not have as much to offer for the teens.

Good luck with your desicion.

Our teens absolutely love the YC/BC and the whole Boardwalk area. Epcot and DHS are their favorite parks and they enjoy being in walking distance to them. They also enjoy the Boardwalk at night and spending time in SAB.

They also enjoyed staying at POR/POFQ. The boat to DTD was a hit with them. It was nice for them to be able to go there at night without us dragging along. They didn't really care for the main pools here. They enjoyed the quiet pools, but felt like the main pools were geared more toward smaller kids. They also loved the fact that we had 2 rooms here, so they had a little more "privacy" than with 1 room in a deluxe.

18 & 19 are young adults. Go for the resort that you can afford. Your teens will also value space. If you can swing two mods vs. one deluxe then maybe you should go mod. If you are only considering one room in either situation and you can afford deluxe then go deluxe!

My daughters are 14 and 19 and they love to stay at BC/YC. Just like the previous poster said, my family loves Epcot and DHS, and it is so great to be able to walk to either. It's great if my husband and I are moseying around WS, and the girls want to go back to the pool, they can just walk to the room. Also, the Boardwalk area has a lot going on, and in the morning, the route around the water in between BC/YC and Boardwalk makes a great place to walk/run. Also, my DD's love Illuminations and can just bop over to the International Gateway entrance in no time if they decide they want to catch Illuminations one more time!

MIchelle

My 19 year old enjoyed the theme at the CBR, but honestly, her favorite Disney place is the Wonder! Sorry, that probably doesn't help you unless you are planning a cruise.

My boys like to rent the Sea Raycers. Maybe it would be fun for them to stay at a resort where you can rent them. I think all around Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon have them plus some of the mods do also. I don't think CSR has them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mine are in their 20's from 21-28, they loved the Boardwalk area. CLose to Epoct & HS plus lots to do on Boardwalk. Its great

My DD18 loves CSR. The grounds are gorgeous, the pool is awesome and it has a great food court which isn't your typical fare.The rooms are being redone too and the one we had seemed like a deluxe resort! We were there in Dec. and if it were up to her we'd never stay anywhere else!

We really like any of the Epcot area resorts for our 18 yo dd and her friend who always travels with us. DHS seems to be their favorite park so the closeness works out well.

We usually stay at the Dolphin and love it (and the discounts!) but this year we're trying a 1 br villa at BW. With the deals, the price worked out to be just about the same (no big discounts at the Dolphin for our time frame at the time of booking) and we're looking forward to the extra space. They're night owls and we're early birds.

CSR is my family favorite! Check out my CSR website below for pics and info. CSR has newly renovated rooms, queen beds, full menu room service, a terrific main pool area and great transportation that is not shared with other resorts. They also offer a spa, salon, fitness center and more.

Pick which theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs.

ostjs3.jpg

2igcfa0.jpg

CSR!! We love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one. CSR offers queen beds too!

I'm 19 and love the value properties. The mods athough are nice, they dont have the "disney" magic to me as the value do.

My older ones in no way want to stay at a value. The only time they ever said I wish I stayed at a value was when a baseball team was in line at a bus stop heading to a value. I am sure this goes for boys if a gymnastic team was in line.

We have stayed at CBR a few times and they liked it but thought they outgrew it. Lots of little kids there. We stayed at POR (it had a nice mix of all ages)and they loved it, we planned to return but then when they found out the main pool would be closed they wanted to switch if we can. We are now heading to CSR in a few days. This was their second choice.

We have not stayed in a deluxe yet, but they would love anyone of those. It depends on if you don't mind the price. We have to book two rooms so it was not a option.

We have stayed twice at AKL and while we love it, there didn't seem to be alot of older teens. DS16 will be 17 when we go to WDW this summer and we are staying at the Beach Club. We went over to BC the last time we were at WDW and it seemed to be swamped with teens. Our daughter will be 12 when we go and, although she'll miss the giraffes at AKL, she's excited, too.

The pool area seems very cool and the proximity to Epcot can't be beat.

Another vote for Yacht Club or Beach Club. Being able to walk to 2 parks is wonderful, and teens love Hollywood Studios for Tower of Terror and Rock n' Roller Coaster. Also, the pool area is the best (and largest) of all Disney hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter