resort hopping

stephhtigger

Earning My Ears
Hey we are going in a couple weeks Oct 11-14 staying off property to save money. I have been multiple times and always stayed on property but we are going with family that has three small children age 7,5,and 3 . We are only going to magic kingdom one day but we are staying three days. Anyway I was wanting to take a day and visit the Disney hotels . Is there anything that we need to do we are going to ye ha bob friday night and going to the poly Sunday night for fireworks when would be the best time to see the animals at akl ? I had thought early in the morning since around dusk we would be at dinner any suggestions would be appreciated

Hey we are going in a couple weeks Oct 11-14 staying off property to save money. I have been multiple times and always stayed on property but we are going with family that has three small children age 7,5,and 3 . We are only going to magic kingdom one day but we are staying three days. Anyway I was wanting to take a day and visit the Disney hotels . Is there anything that we need to do we are going to ye ha bob friday night and going to the poly Sunday night for fireworks when would be the best time to see the animals at akl ? I had thought early in the morning since around dusk we would be at dinner any suggestions would be appreciated

I am pretty sure you are not allowed to "visit" resorts without a dining reservation or going to visit someone staying at the resort. Hopefully others can confirm or correct me.

Of course you can visit any hotel you want. We do it all the time. You just cannot swim in their pools and stuff- that is a big no no. But anyone is welcome to walk around any resort. We make a point every trip to ride the monorail and walk through the lobbies of all the deluxe resorts. We also love walking around the Wilderness Lodge and I hear Fort Wilderness is fun especially at the holidays. One time we went to all the moderates too so we could pick out which one we wanted to stay in on our next trip. This is not frowned upon at all.

Parking is not free though if you are staying off property. You should stick with the monorail resorts so you don't have to worry about that.

You don't have to have an ADR to visit the resorts. Anyone can go and check out a resort, go shopping, eat, etc. You are just not allowed to use the amenities such as the pools. When you check in at security, they will direct you as far as parking & give you a parking pass with a time limit. If it is during a busier time of year, you may have to valet your car or you can always park at one of the parks and then take Disney transportation to & from the different resorts you want to visit.

When it is very busy or special event, they may restrict visiting a resort (this happened to me once). Most of the time they are fine with you visiting the resorts, chances are you will spend money. We do it often. On sept. 1 (day before labor day) we went to Contemporary bought some magic band decorations, caught the monorail and went to the Poly to buy 100% Kona coffee, went to Grand Floridian so my wife could go to Basins, then went back to the contemporary and walked over to the magic kingdom to go shopping at the Emporium. no problems. You should not use the pools at a hotel you are visiting.

You may absolutely visit any resort you want, eat in the restaurants, shop in the stores. They might restrict visitors - but only if you drive in. I have never heard of a resort restricting entry to persons who arrive via Disney transportation.

The only thing you arent' supposed to do when visiting a resort is use the pools, unless you are DVC members or some other group granted limited pool hopping privileges.

They do NOT charge for self-parking at the Disney resorts, whether you are staying onsite or off. They will charge for valet parking. The Swan/Dolphin are different and have a self-parking fee.

If you drive in, you will be required to stop at the guard hut (or whatever it is) and explain to the guard why you wish to enter the resort. "We're just visiting" is usually fine. They might even ask to see a picture ID, so be sure to have a license or something. Some resorts, usually those within walking distance of a theme park, will limit parking during especially busy times to guests who are staying at that resort or have an ADR for the resort's restaurant. At really busy times (think New Years Eve, 4th of July) even the ADR might not get you into the parking lot.

The only thing you arent' supposed to do when visiting a resort is use the pools, unless you are DVC members or some other group granted limited pool hopping privileges.

So streaking through the lobby in broad daylight is permissable? pirate::thumbsup2

I kid, I kid. :lmao:

Wasn't assuming that anything disruptive or criminal was being planned...hah

Yes I thought we would avoid bw and beach because of the food and wine heard sometimes they give u issues because of parking and I don't know anything at those resorts that would really interest the kids. And no we don't plan on doing the pools I know that is not allowed wouldn't want too anyway. Yes we are doing the monorail resorts and the petting zoo at fw and thought we would go over to the animation hotel so the kids can take pictures with the statues there anyone know of anything else

Yes I thought we would avoid bw and beach because of the food and wine heard sometimes they give u issues because of parking and I don't know anything at those resorts that would really interest the kids. And no we don't plan on doing the pools I know that is not allowed wouldn't want too anyway. Yes we are doing the monorail resorts and the petting zoo at fw and thought we would go over to the animation hotel so the kids can take pictures with the statues there anyone know of anything else

I think the petting zoo is gone; I haven't seen animals there in years. Anyone know for sure?

Wilderness lodge is fun to visit for the spectacular lobby and the geyser outside. You can take a boat there from Contemporary.

Last time I was there for Hoop De Doo they did have a few goats that you could visit with. But it's been a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter