• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort hopping - your best itinerary

valval

Mouseketeer
Good day, everyone!
Today, I really need your help to make one of my biggest dreams come true.

In my upcoming Disney trip, I will dedicate one day to resort hopping. Not being familiar with WDW (I only visited once, briefly, before) I thought I'd rely on your expertise to create the best resort hopping day itinerary. Things to consider: 1) Starting from CBR early morning - as that's going to be our resort, 2) ending around 5 pm in the exact location, 3) no monorail resorts (as we will visit them on another day), 4) no Disney Springs, 5) only Disney transportation. Of course, I'd like to see ALL the resorts, but I know it's not really possible...or is it? 😅
Which resorts would you suggest as a must-visit? What would a realistic timetable be?

Catch the bus to AK, then a quick bus to AKL. Have breakfest at Boma,or Sanaa(look out at the savanna while having breakfest. Tour both lodges as each are different.
Catch bus to DHS and then Skyliner to tour both BC and Boardwalk. Jump on boat back to skyliner if at Boardwalk.
Skyliner back to Rivera and tour that resort. Then Skyliner back to your resort by 5pm.
Now depending on timing, after AKL, change up and bus to WL and take a pontoon boat around the lake and lunch at Roaring Fork. Then catch bus to DHS.
Wasnt sure if your doing WL when you do the Monorail tour.

Ready??

1) Walk from CBR to Riviera early in the morning and grab some coffee at Le Petit Cafe.

2) Take the Skyliner to Epcot International Gateway and walk to the Boardwalk. Stop at the deli for breakfast. Note: If you're not hungry for breakfast yet, you can do Beach & Yacht first.

3) Walk from the Boardwalk to Beach and Yacht.

4) Walk (or take the ferry) from Beach and Yacht to Hollywood Studios. Take the bus to Port Orleans Riverside.

5) Walk from Riverside to French Quarter. Get some beignets. Take the ferry to Disney Springs. (I know you said no Disney Springs, but you don't have to stay there...this is just for maximizing Disney transportation).

6) Once at Disney Springs, take the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Spend some time on the viewing porch/trails. Lunch at Mara? Or make a reservation at Sanaa (Sanaa is on the Kidani Village side, but it's a nice walk or you can take an internal bus).

7) Take the bus from ALK to Animal Kingdom Park. Transfer to a bus to Coronado Springs.

8) From Coronado, take the bus back to Hollywood Studios. Then Skyliner back to CBR.

Last edited:

I love this! My next trip is resort only in February. I was thinking about ways to spend our days out in the shine. We are staying at WL. I know that I want to exp!ore Fort Wilderness and was thinking about the Boardwalk area. These itineraries are fabulous!

Ready??

1) Walk from CBR to Riviera early in the morning and grab some coffee at Le Petit Cafe.

2) Take the Skyliner to Epcot International Gateway and walk to the Boardwalk. Stop at the deli for breakfast. Note: If you're not hungry for breakfast yet, you can do Beach & Yacht first.

3) Walk from the Boardwalk to Beach and Yacht.

4) Walk (or take the ferry) from Beach and Yacht to Hollywood Studios. Take the bus to Port Orleans Riverside.

5) Walk from Riverside to French Quarter. Get some beignets. Take the ferry to Disney Springs. (I know you said no Disney Springs, but you don't have to stay there...this is just for maximizing Disney transportation).

6) Once at Disney Springs, take the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Spend some time on the viewing porch/trails. Lunch at Mara? Or make a reservation at Sanaa (Sanaa is on the Kidani Village side, but it's a nice walk or you can take an internal bus).

7) Take the bus from ALK to Animal Kingdom Park. Transfer to a bus to Coronado Springs.

8) From Coronado, take the bus back to Hollywood Studios. Then Skyliner back to CBR.
Wow! This is perfect for the resort we want to check out on one day of our upcoming trip! Thank you so much for the awesome information!

Make sure you visit the Wilderness Lodge. When are you going. Last November we stayed at a cabin in FW. Excellent. If you are there prior to Christmas, you may want to check out the Christmas Decorations the guests put up.

Alright alright, I'm back home now and want to update you all an how our Resort hopping day went!

We started with breakfast at CBR which was our resort, then we walked to Riviera. From there, we took the Skyliner to Epcot and explored Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin, Yacht, and Beach Resorts. Then we took the friendship boat to HS, and a bus to Fort Wilderness (our favorite resort out of this whole exploration!), from there, we took a bus to AK + bus to AKL and had a quick lunch at The Mara. Bus back to AK, and another bus to Port Orleans where we visited both French Quarter and Riverside. From there, the idea was to go straight to Disney Springs, but we ended up back at our resort for a quick change of clothes and drinks, before heading out for dinner.

All and all, a great day! Not sure if we were particularly lucky with the busses, or if this is the norm, but we never waited more than 5 minutes to hop on one, which made this experience much more enjoyable than I even thought (I was always ready to switch to Uber if things got slower). A lot of walking, but also so much fun!

Thats a very ambitious schedule. The only thing that holds you back is the bus schedule. Good luck, and please update how many resorts you did get to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter