Resort hopping... what to eat

dredick

Keep Calm & Wish Upon A Star
We are taking a day to resort hop. We are doing the quick service DP. Here is our agenda:
- AM @ POFQ for beignets. ( snack credit)
- tour POFQ & POR. ** ANY MUST GRAB SNACK @ POR?
- lunch at WL quick service **ANY LUNCH SUGGESTIONS?
-TEA @ GF (OOP) keeping to scones & tea. Having a Cinderella slipper sent for my birthday ***ANY REVIEW ON SCONES OR SLIPPER?
- touring monorail resorts *** ANY ADULT DRINK MUST HAVE ON MONORAIL TOUR?
-dinner at AKL quick service ***ANY DINNER SUGGESTIONS?
-touring the Boardwalk that night *** ANY MUST DO SNACK OR DRINK HERE?

I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION: when doing QSDP @resorts, do we grab any cupcake or whatever to add as our dessert for lunch/dinner?

Thanks!

Note on tea: unless they've changed, yet again, they are requiring that at least one package be sold. They don't allow ONLY a la carte to be ordered anymore.

We were able to order two small packages and then extra tea for DS, and then we all shared. But *a* package had to be ordered.

I hope you guys tour faster than we do. We would barely make it halfway through that list, and there's no chance we could eat at each one. Hope you can! :)

Ok, thanks! We could share one entire service and do add on's . we just didn't want anything big. We tour FAST! We have been to most of these resorts and I have teenage boys that bore easy. We plan on only eating the " bucket list" must haves. We share most snacks. However I will happily celebrate my birthday with some special drinks!

As a previous poster mentioned you can no longer order ala carte at Tea. We eat there every trip and really enjoy the scones. We have also ordered the slipper. It is presented very nicely and tastes yummy. Enjoy your trip.

I'm so glad you liked the slipper! By the way, what tea would you recommend?

I just canceled the tea. Too many people have reported that the party has to order a package or only tea. No a la cart items. Shame, it was a great place to get my birthday slipper. Any ideas or snacks around the monorail resorts now that the Grand Tea is canceled?

For an adult beverage in the monorail hotels definitely go with the backscratcher at the polynesian tamu tamu lounge by Ohana. You won't be disappointed!

Definitely agree with the zebra domes at AKL!

For an adult beverage in the monorail hotels definitely go with the backscratcher at the polynesian tamu tamu lounge by Ohana. You won't be disappointed!

Definitely agree with the zebra domes at AKL!

Finally :) a drink recommendation! !

After a ADR change, we are cutting back some.
One evening for Boardwalk. WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND SNACK/DRINK??
One evening monorail. Going to Grand Floridian Cafe so I can order my chocolate birthday slipper!!. Is a Drink stop worth it at CR? Or just stick to GF & POLY?
Also, besides beignets,what else is worth a trip to POR/ POFQ?

Aloha pork sandwich and Dole Whip at the Poly

Beef Flatbread and Black forest cupcake at Contemporary

Great sandwiches at Roaring Forks WL, love the Roase Beef and blue cheese!

Those sound PERFECT!:goodvibes

How about around the Boardwalk or POR/POFQ? Any suggestions?:)

PP mentioned backscratcher at the Poly....two other options at the Poly are the tropical macaw (my favorite drink anywhere!!!) And the Lapu Lapu (it comes in a hollowed out pineapple! I'd also recommend the pulled pork nachos from the Tambu lounge and the pineapple upside down cake and Kona coffee from the Kona cafe.

Depending on what time you're circling on the monorail, head up to California Grill and have some wine with a view (and possibly a sunset). They have a terrific list. Just don't leave it too late, or it'll be full and they won't let you up.
Also, Jiko has the most extensive South African wine list in America. You can sit in the little lounge by the entrance. You can order flatbreads or apps there (though they tend to be a bit expensive).
It doesn't have anything to do with food, but take some time to look around AKL and the Kiwani Village. The resort contains the largest private collection of African art outside of Africa itself, and most of it is on display.
The fried ravioli at the Boardwalk is not terrible.
Also, it doesn't really fit in with the timing of your itinerary, but consider seeing Yehaa Bob at the Riverside lounge. Great show. Best when tipsy!

thank you so much everyone! We always spend every second in the parks, it's going to be a nice change to hop these resorts! I only hope the monorail being down won't mess us up too much!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter