Resort Hoppin' with Wigd and Shocker! Contests!

Looking forward to these pictures now! Hope your shoulder is getting better and you survived the first week back to work! My kids still have a few more weeks!! Sarah told me yesterday that she can't wait to go back, she wishes it would start already!! Yeah, me too kiddo!

Hi Anita! Hope your shoulder is doing better!!

I've got a DVC question for you guys:

If you have two small contracts, say one is 80 pts at OKW and one is 80 pts at vero beach. Can you book OKW 11 months out and use all 160 points (assume same use year and the points are available at the time)? Or do you have to wait until 7 months because some of the points are not from the home resort?

Thanks - I asked on another thread, but everyone must be out enjoying Saturday! We are considering buying DVC resale and are strategizing. We are looking to go small on points and cost and have to take into account the maintenance fees, plus where we might want to stay and when we would likely travel. Too many factors!!
I know you are experts!

Hi Anita! Hope your shoulder is doing better!!

I've got a DVC question for you guys:

If you have two small contracts, say one is 80 pts at OKW and one is 80 pts at vero beach. Can you book OKW 11 months out and use all 160 points (assume same use year and the points are available at the time)? Or do you have to wait until 7 months because some of the points are not from the home resort?

Thanks - I asked on another thread, but everyone must be out enjoying Saturday! We are considering buying DVC resale and are strategizing. We are looking to go small on points and cost and have to take into account the maintenance fees, plus where we might want to stay and when we would likely travel. Too many factors!!
I know you are experts!

I'll try to answer the question on the points.
If you were booking at OKW you could only use the 80 points at 11months. You would have to wait until 7months out to use Vero to book at OKW. Does that make sense?
IF you were going to book at OKW you wouldn't have a problem getting your stay there, at 7months, it's huge!!!
Are you looking to buy there?

Hi Anita,

Just checking in. Hope that PT is getting easier and your shoulder is feeling better. :goodvibes

Hi Christine!
Carl actually told me that I looked better on Friday! It's amazing what an encouraging word can do...
Getting ready for students on Monday has been consuming my every minute, plus the shoulder has made the going slow.
I miss my DIS time and all my friends over here!!
I have some pictures to share of some of the classroom work though.:laughing:

Students arrive Monday and I've been busy preparing a room that is exciting and inviting.
Yes, it's full of Disney!
I thought I'd share what I've done...

To introduce myself to the kids and to give them some ideas of what they can include when they are "Star Student" I put up a board about me!

DSCN4465.jpg

They will be creating a potato head, this is mine.

DSCN4467.jpg

Here's the reading nook. There are a couple of comfy chairs over here but they aren't in the pic.

DSCN4459.jpg

This is over the chalk board, still waiting on Bullseye to arrive, Jessie will be riding him. Do you see her? She's way down on the end, has a lasso and is roping Sparks and Twitch.

DSCN4464.jpg

Closer pic of the main group.

DSCN4463.jpg

Our school is the Tanglewood Tigers so here are the Tigers from Animal Kingdom.

DSCN4456.jpg

The corner behind my desk...

DSCN4458.jpg

My version of Lewis and Clark. Disney Style!

DSCN4455.jpg

One teammate had popcorn bags and popcorn on her August calendar and it said "pop on in"...
the other had frogs and it said "hop on in"....
so mine had so say something "on in".
So what that it didn't rhyme.:laughing:

DSCN4453.jpg

Last but not least for the classroom is the Big Earth ball that we bought for the class on our July trip!
I think the kids are going to love playing with this and learing about the world!

DSCN4454.jpg

Quick pic of the countertop!

DSCN4449.jpg

The new sink and faucet.

DSCN4448.jpg

So that's just a little bit of what's been going on around here.
One more project that I'm working on and it's driving me nuts.
I know just what I want and I'm hunting for everything.
There is no chance it will be finished by Monday but that's OK,
This is what it is....

"The Mad Hatter's CapaciTy Party!"

I already have my Mad Hatter.
The cutest melamine cup sized cups that look like the ride (I need to find a few more) 16
Colorful pint sized containers 8
need to find quarts
need to find gallon

I want them to be perfectly cute!
And I have to find a plastic teapot for the Mad Hatter to sit on.
This is all going to be a set of mobiles that will hang over my little round table!

Now back up to school to pick up this mess...

DSCN4466.jpg

Anita ,My youngest daughter who is going into grade six in Sept. was so excited to see your classroom! She said Oh i would love to be in that class! and when she saw Lotso she was like oh my!! the bear!!! Your class is gorgeous!!

Oh Wigd...I LOVE your classroom!!! I just took my school bus out the other day in preparation for the start of the school year. I need to decorate it like your classroom!!!!

I love your classroom! It looks so fun. Your students are going to love spending 2nd grade in such a fabulous room. Love all of your Disney touches.

Your classroom looks fantastic!! I'm so jealous of your students, I never had a disney themed classroom when I went to school!

Wow! You really have the parts!
I didn't end up getting parts this summer, but it is still on my 'to get' list. It just my be a while.

Your resort mug made me hurt a little. I wish they woud go back to having those.

Looks like a fun Disney classroom. Our Disney touches in our rooms definitely do help us have a happy environment.

Hope you guys are having a good weekend. Party number one is done. Tomorrow is not really a party, but a themed meal, but it'll be fun.

But then Trent has to leave again. :sad1:

Your room looks fabulous! Good thing my kids are in 5th, or they'd be begging to move to Derby!

:thumbsup2

Wigd your room looks really cute, I bet all of ur students are going to love it. What a nice place have u create for the start student??? My DD loves everything in your classroom. And the new countertops are really nice too. Enjoy your Sunday and relax before school start on Monday. Here in Miami we go back on the 25 so we still have a some more time to enjoy.

WOW!!! :worship: I want to go back in time and be one of your students!!! I promise I would try my hardest to be the star student :laughing: Your room looks like so much fun and the kids will just love it....and probably learn to coerce their parents into taking them on a trip to Disney next summer!! :rotfl2:
Your sink looks beautiful too....what exactly is it color wise I mean? A copper color? You did a great job with everything! :thumbsup2
Hopefully you can get enough rest for the remainder of the weekend and I hope your shoulder isn't giving you too much trouble.....my chiropractor uses a lotion called Arnica on me before she bruises me :laughing: I had tendonitis in my wrist after I broke it and she used that before she massaged out the arm...prevents bruising and helps with muscle and pain....:hug:

Tracy

I'll try to answer the question on the points.
If you were booking at OKW you could only use the 80 points at 11months. You would have to wait until 7months out to use Vero to book at OKW. Does that make sense?
IF you were going to book at OKW you wouldn't have a problem getting your stay there, at 7months, it's huge!!!
Are you looking to buy there?

That's exactly what I wanted to know. So if I had OKW points, I could book with them at 11 months and Could I add the Vero points to book at OKW for more nights at the 7 month mark (assuming availability)?
We've been considering OKW and SSR, mostly because they are inexpensive to buy in. What resorts do you have as home?

I'm really unsure where to buy, I don't have a super favorite, I'd be willing to stay at most any of them. How hard is it to get in at 7 months say if you're not going during Christmas time or other major holidays? I'd like to try WL and AKL as well, but would be fine with OKW or SSR. Have you stayed at either one?

OKW is interesting because the rooms are bigger and it's a low price per point. SSR is good because it's also low price and low maint. fee plus the contract goes longer. We plan to start with a pretty small contract to keep it something we can afford now and add later. There don't seem to be too many contracts for resale that are less than 100 points at a lot of resorts. We may be doing this piecemeal for the next few years!

How important is it when your use year is? I know that it's good to have all contracts with the same one, but does it matter when it is?

I expect we would only be able to go once a year - maybe twice - just because it's so expensive to fly there for us.

Your room is so awesome!!! I have a second grader - can I send her to your school??? And could she live with you? And would you take her to WDW with you?? (no, I'd be jealous!)
I like your counter/sink too! Very elegant!

Wigd, your classroom is awesome! I love all the Disney touches and how they are woven in so effortlessly. I can tell by the attention to detail that you are an awesome teacher! The idea of having each student design their own potato head is just genius. It's one of those little things that probably takes the kids the kids no more than a few minutes to do, but will mean so much for years to come. I know you are the kind of teacher they talk about for a long long time!

Your kitchen redos look awesome! I love those faucets!

Your classroom looks awesome! It makes going to work a little easier when you have things all around you that make you smile! You should see my office ;)

Anita ,My youngest daughter who is going into grade six in Sept. was so excited to see your classroom! She said Oh i would love to be in that class! and when she saw Lotso she was like oh my!! the bear!!! Your class is gorgeous!!
I'm so happy your daughter approved of the classroom! I hope Lotso keeps the naughties in line when they start to act up!
Oh Wigd...I LOVE your classroom!!! I just took my school bus out the other day in preparation for the start of the school year. I need to decorate it like your classroom!!!!
Thanks! Look around there seems to be Toy Story 3 items on clearance at most stores right now! You should be able to find some great deals for your bus!
I love your classroom! It looks so fun. Your students are going to love spending 2nd grade in such a fabulous room. Love all of your Disney touches.
Thanks Jen! It was fun to do! I hope the kids are excited when the come on Monday.:goodvibes
Your classroom looks fantastic!! I'm so jealous of your students, I never had a disney themed classroom when I went to school!
I never had a Disney themed classroom either.
That was a million years ago though...
My teammates think I'm nuts!;)
Wow! You really have the parts!
I didn't end up getting parts this summer, but it is still on my 'to get' list. It just my be a while.

Your resort mug made me hurt a little. I wish they woud go back to having those.

Looks like a fun Disney classroom. Our Disney touches in our rooms definitely do help us have a happy environment.

Hope you guys are having a good weekend. Party number one is done. Tomorrow is not really a party, but a themed meal, but it'll be fun.

But then Trent has to leave again. :sad1:
When we got home from Disney I started stalking lots of parts on Ebay. I found some great deals!
That resort mug I found a couple of years ago at Beach Ciub sitting on a trash can. It quickly became MINE, MINE, MINE!
We do understand each other about the Disneyness in our classrooms, no eye-rolling here.

So many last minute preparations happening here for Monday but I have thought of you all often and wondered what was happening when.
I know you are enjoying every precious moment with your family!
I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures.
Hugs from us!:grouphug:

I know Trent leaves tomorrow then it's another 8 weeks until you see him? Or is my math off by a week...
Saying goodbye is never easy.:sad1::hug:

Your room looks fabulous! Good thing my kids are in 5th, or they'd be begging to move to Derby!

:thumbsup2
Thanks but I agree, I don't think coming back to 2nd grade would be much fun even for a Disney room! :laughing:
Wigd your room looks really cute, I bet all of ur students are going to love it. What a nice place have u create for the start student??? My DD loves everything in your classroom. And the new countertops are really nice too. Enjoy your Sunday and relax before school start on Monday. Here in Miami we go back on the 25 so we still have a some more time to enjoy.
Tomorrow brings a bit more time at school but I hope to be done in about an hour then it's home to relax.
I might start putting together the Mad Hatter mobile.
WOW!!! :worship: I want to go back in time and be one of your students!!! I promise I would try my hardest to be the star student :laughing: Your room looks like so much fun and the kids will just love it....and probably learn to coerce their parents into taking them on a trip to Disney next summer!! :rotfl2:
Your sink looks beautiful too....what exactly is it color wise I mean? A copper color? You did a great job with everything! :thumbsup2
Hopefully you can get enough rest for the remainder of the weekend and I hope your shoulder isn't giving you too much trouble.....my chiropractor uses a lotion called Arnica on me before she bruises me :laughing: I had tendonitis in my wrist after I broke it and she used that before she massaged out the arm...prevents bruising and helps with muscle and pain....:hug:

Tracy
I just need to remember to do my stretches and my shoulder would be so much better. Here has been another day and I've done nothing.
I have so much fun putting my classroom together.
When the mouse ears all come down I'm going to be very sad.
The counter top that we put on was the charcoal and the sink was slate. The tile on the back splash was already there. Carl doesn't put anything on my arm before he starts pulling on it...
Your classroom is amazing! I love how personal it is!
Thanks! I do put so much of myself into it!
That's exactly what I wanted to know. So if I had OKW points, I could book with them at 11 months and Could I add the Vero points to book at OKW for more nights at the 7 month mark (assuming availability)?
We've been considering OKW and SSR, mostly because they are inexpensive to buy in. What resorts do you have as home?

I'm really unsure where to buy, I don't have a super favorite, I'd be willing to stay at most any of them. How hard is it to get in at 7 months say if you're not going during Christmas time or other major holidays? I'd like to try WL and AKL as well, but would be fine with OKW or SSR. Have you stayed at either one?

OKW is interesting because the rooms are bigger and it's a low price per point. SSR is good because it's also low price and low maint. fee plus the contract goes longer. We plan to start with a pretty small contract to keep it something we can afford now and add later. There don't seem to be too many contracts for resale that are less than 100 points at a lot of resorts. We may be doing this piecemeal for the next few years!

How important is it when your use year is? I know that it's good to have all contracts with the same one, but does it matter when it is?

I expect we would only be able to go once a year - maybe twice - just because it's so expensive to fly there for us.

Your room is so awesome!!! I have a second grader - can I send her to your school??? And could she live with you? And would you take her to WDW with you?? (no, I'd be jealous!)
I like your counter/sink too! Very elegant!
Yes you could use your Vero points to book at OKW at the 7 mo mark.
We own at Beach Club, Kidani, and Vero Beach.
Use year is only important if you want to vacation at certain times of the year.
Another thing to think about is going during food and wine. If you want to stay at an epcot resort it's hard to get at 7 mo out. Other than that I haven't had much trouble getting what I wanted at 7 mo or going on a wait list and then it coming through.
OKW and SSR are both always open at 7 months.

By the way my school is still taking transfers! So send her, I have an extra bedroom....
Wigd, your classroom is awesome! I love all the Disney touches and how they are woven in so effortlessly. I can tell by the attention to detail that you are an awesome teacher! The idea of having each student design their own potato head is just genius. It's one of those little things that probably takes the kids the kids no more than a few minutes to do, but will mean so much for years to come. I know you are the kind of teacher they talk about for a long long time!

Your kitchen redos look awesome! I love those faucets!
The potato heads are going to be fun, when the kids make their person I'll take a picture and when we do our slide show at the end of the year they can look back and see everyone's creation!
We try to do little things during the day to keep them excited about school. If you can keep them wanting to come back they are very easy to teach!
Thanks on the kitchen, it's still a work in progress.
Your classroom looks awesome! It makes going to work a little easier when you have things all around you that make you smile! You should see my office ;)
I would love to see your office, take a picture and post it!

Wigd, I just adore your classroom!!! It must make you smile every morning when you walk in and see all the Disney touches!!! Your students are going to be in heaven!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter