Resort Help

exmli03

Earning My Ears
I need your help. I am SO frustrated with the Boardwalk. We make our 5th trip to WDW in May 2014. I made my room only ressie's a while back. We wanted the CL but was told that there was NO CL rooms available just keep trying. So I have been doing that. We are a military family and with the new military discount this week I tried to get that discount at the Boardwalk. I was told that they were not setup yet for the discounted rate. :confused3

As of this am I was told that BWI had NO discounts for 2014. Has anyone ever heard of a resort that does NO discounts? This trip has been the MOST frustrated one yet.

I don't want to change resorts BUT I am VERY scared that if I wait and there is no discounts and we change resorts that then I would not be able to get a discounted rate (military) at a different resort.:sad::sad:

I welcome your suggestions.

I need your help. I am SO frustrated with the Boardwalk. We make our 5th trip to WDW in May 2014. I made my room only ressie's a while back. We wanted the CL but was told that there was NO CL rooms available just keep trying. So I have been doing that. We are a military family and with the new military discount this week I tried to get that discount at the Boardwalk. I was told that they were not setup yet for the discounted rate. :confused3

As of this am I was told that BWI had NO discounts for 2014. Has anyone ever heard of a resort that does NO discounts? This trip has been the MOST frustrated one yet.

I don't want to change resorts BUT I am VERY scared that if I wait and there is no discounts and we change resorts that then I would not be able to get a discounted rate (military) at a different resort.:sad::sad:

I welcome your suggestions.

As with any discount, some resorts/room types are not always included in discounts. Disney releases discounts to fill rooms, so if a particular resort/room type is at or near capacity, Disney will see no reason to offer a discount on that particular resort/room type. I have no experience with the military discount, but I have come across reports that the availability of resorts/room types is less than what was offered in the past. It could be that nothing at BWI is offered under the military discount. With that said, I would book your second choice and keep checking to see if something opens up at BWI. Good luck.

As with any discount, some resorts/room types are not always included in discounts. Disney releases discounts to fill rooms, so if a particular resort/room type is at or near capacity, Disney will see no reason to offer a discount on that particular resort/room type. I have no experience with the military discount, but I have come across reports that the availability of resorts/room types is less than what was offered in the past. It could be that nothing at BWI is offered under the military discount. With that said, I would book your second choice and keep checking to see if something opens up at BWI. Good luck.

I second booking the second resort choice. If something opens up at BWI it wouldn't make a difference where your at if you wanted to snag the opening.

OP - military discounts are deeper than regular discounts. It would make sense the availability is a bit more limited. They may open more up as it gets closer, but since package rates just came out for next year they may be holding off to see how it fills up first before giving the rooms up at such a deep discount.

It might just be that the discounts are not out yet. A few years ago we booked Poly club level a year ahead for a July stay. A discount did not come out until February before. We called right away (that's why these boards are so helpful) and they were able to do a pretty good discount (pay for 4 nights, get 3 free) for the same club level room we had booked.

There are usually only a number of rooms for each discount, so calling when the discount comes out, same day if possible, helps.

I am taking a gamble and doing the same for our summer trip. We are booking Boardwalk for July 2014. My hope is that some sort of discount comes out before then. Mousesavers has a history of discounts over the years, and the last few years there have been summer discounts. Whether or not I get it for my room is a gamble, but it seems like enough people do get the discounts that is worth a try.

Maybe the military discount won't work but you might get a good general public discount.

Hope it helps. good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter